test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Authenticate error

cleanorcleanor Member Posts: 40
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You have a wonderful game, but the stability leaves something to be desired. Lot's of crashing when zoning...

Then:

Constantly getting an Unable to Authenticate error after entering my password.

Devs do you have work around? Seems random, but annoying when it persists over and over again. Any other players have a fix for this?
Post edited by cleanor on

Comments

• rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I also, have this issue
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just started getting this too.
  • svogthosssvogthoss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same thing here
  • odtintgeodtintge Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmm
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Account server went belly up...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cleanor wrote: »
    You have a wonderful game, but the stability leaves something to be desired. Lot's of crashing when zoning...

Then:

Constantly getting an Unable to Authenticate error after entering my password.

Devs do you have work around? Seems random, but annoying when it persists over and over again. Any other players have a fix for this?

I'm having the same issue while trying to log in.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just downloaded 968 MB of something and now I can't authenticate either. It looks like the geniuses preloaded a patch and it's broken/is conflicting with the launcher. I hope it's the fix for GG, but who knows. My "give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" about this game is beginning to fade pretty quickly. I hope they stop doing stupid stuff like this and fix GG sometime soon before they lose their base.
  • h4lofanatich4lofanatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    Let's do the downtime dance!

... oh wait. I don't know that one.
  • kulsveinkulsvein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    me too.......sigh
    The stupid questions are the ones you do not ask;)
  • wishniakwishniak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    unable to get in as well
  • grimregilssongrimregilsson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same. Looks like servers are down for patching or just crashed.
  • rienmiruwarienmiruwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same. :(
    10chr
  • ayeohxayeohx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quick! Put in a ticket! :)
    NW-DROGQ2XOC - The Outcast Bandits : Orcs, Kolbolds, Goblins
  • clicker151clicker151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys this worked for me; Just click the fvck out of the Login button, about 20 times. Sit back and wait. It got me in.

P.S. If it worked for you, and you're in Mindflayer. Send me a ^5 it /tell. :D
  • ayeohxayeohx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brilliantly done good sir!
    clicker151 wrote: »
    Guys this worked for me; Just click the fvck out of the Login button, about 20 times. Sit back and wait. It got me in.

NW-DROGQ2XOC - The Outcast Bandits : Orcs, Kolbolds, Goblins
  • kismet81kismet81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just downloaded the game, put in my information and I get the "unable to authenticate" error.

Close out the browser and try again... Same thing.

Finally get past the authenticate error but now it's saying my user name and password are invalid. Yet, here I am, posting on the forums using my user name and password.

Sorry, but first impressions are what matter. And my first impression is: If the game is so broken it can't even let you log in, or can't even figure out that you are indeed putting in the correct information, than it's not worth my hard drive space or time.
  • keyarie1keyarie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clicker151 wrote: »

Woohoo! Spam clicking finally prevails! Thanks man. ^5 my friend.