test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what is up with the stacks of enchants on AH?

flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand it is hard to battle botters but c'mon devs? Why not just remove all these and ban the account? Every single Enchant category on dragon server is the same scenario. Stacks of 99 all by the same 3 accounts give or take.

What example does this set for everyone else? Are we literally allowed to exploit now? Is it the norm? Should we all have 20 bots set up going 24/7 to make any AD? Or should we just continue exploiting Castle never?

I am starting to wonder if 75% of the player base is just people working for gold spammer sites and out to make a buck? Zone chat is just riddled with non stop farmer site spam. People are openly asking for groups to exploit certain dungeons. There is absolutely no fear from the devs by the player base right now. Basically the lackluster discipline from Cryptic has caused everyone to not really care about the consequences, For there is none!

Clean the game up! You expect us top spend real money when this stuff is going on every day? Show us you actually care and swing the all mighty banhammer! You have a Good game in your hands. Time to clean up the riff raff and Show the community you actually want to move forward. That will only happen if you put your foot down once and for all.

[IMG][/img]bottersareruiningthegame_zpsb0e0824a.jpg

Clean your game up devs! You are slacking!
The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
Post edited by flatfootsam on

Comments

• Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No one is home, they're on vacation spending the money made from the initial hype of the game and zen sales in Open Beta.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    No one is home, they're on vacation spending the money made from the initial hype of the game and zen sales in Open Beta.

I knew it! The way these founders defend the company, you'd think the devs don't even have enough money to feed themselves.

Bravo OP, though.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They'll most likely delete this thread just like they deleted mine from the Bugs section of the forums when I alerted them to these botters 2+ weeks ago. They consider it "naming and shaming" when we post screenshots of bots putting up 99 and 999 stacks of enchants and crafting mats on the AH. They also want to sweep this under the rug and pretend like botting isn't a major problem in Neverwinter since early May when droves of bots infested PvP (and still do).
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, the more stuff that's in the AH (and the more expensive it is), the more PWE thinks players will spend real money on zen. The bots are helping them. Skynet is becoming self aware!
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    It's not just the rank 5s.

There are also botters and gold spammers selling rank 6 and 7s. It's just not quite as obvious there because they don't typically sell those in stacks of 99 since nobody would buy that many of them. Besides, there are legitimate players selling them too. But you can still tell if you know what the minimum price of a rank 7 has to be in order for a legitimate player to have any reason to post it. These guys will undercut below the cost of making one and post dozens of them at that kind of price. Like... even if you buy rank 5s from the botters, you can't make rank 7s that cheaply.

The ERBAO guy in the screenshot is one I see selling 7s by the dozens all the time. "fea@asflkaj" or whatever is another that is even more obnoxious. ERBAO at least stays above the profit margin... fea will go way, way below even if there's no need for it. There's another one that's just outright called "wtsgold"...

Anyway... I do think they're banning them. Just very, very slowly. These guys have been around for quite a while. There was another one, DDDaramed, that I haven't seen in a long time though. I actually ran into his character in Enclave once. He was a level 7 rogue with a Caturday Cloak, heh. Haven't seen him selling anything in a long time... I assume he finally got banned? Who knows.
  • Options
    jorderon1jorderon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate to say it but if you banned all the bots the price of basic materials would skyrocket. The game would be better without them, but if there were 100% no bots in the game, the prices of the most basic goods would surprise you.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    jorderon1 wrote: »
    I hate to say it but if you banned all the bots the price of basic materials would skyrocket. The game would be better without them, but if there were 100% no bots in the game, the prices of the most basic goods would surprise you.

Make it happen, I'd like to see what this would look like.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heh bots and mule accounts that belonged to exploiters that never got touched by bans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    jorderon1 wrote: »

this actually happened alot in Guild Wars 2. prices would be super low one day then a few days later they would skyrocket by 40% increase because the dev team was always on the bots. they would clean up the bots every week. and so playing the Trading post there was easy.