test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue stealth mode immunity to area of attack spells needs to go

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
It isn't like they still aren't in the area of effect.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited June 2013
    Rogues can be hit by aoe when stealthed. Are you sure you hit?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cybliss wrote: »
    Rogues can be hit by aoe when stealthed. Are you sure you hit?

I'm sure that my cleric area of attacks never touches rogues when they go into stealth. In addition, chains of light is an area marking spell and is supposed to stun those that touch it, in stealth mode rogues just walk and attack right through it as if it wasn't even there. If area of attacks are supposed to injure rogues, then the clerics need better programming cause our stuff never works against them in such mode.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tenacious Concealment: Reduces stealth loss from incoming damage rank 1:30%, 2:60%, 3:90%.. Even if you did hit him, this could explain while there was little to no stealth loss.
  • Options
    iirciirc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't "Impossible to Catch" make rogues immune to damage when stealthed?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Tenacious Concealment: Reduces stealth loss from incoming damage rank 1:30%, 2:60%, 3:90%.. Even if you did hit him, this could explain while there was little to no stealth loss.

don't have to hit him to stun him in an area of location effect spell... and no I never do damage when they go as such, not even a fraction
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iirc wrote: »

It takes you out of stealth when you use it. So no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    iirc wrote: »

immune to damage should never be immune to effects
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    don't have to hit him to stun him in an area of location effect spell... and no I never do damage when they go as such, not even a fraction

Umm, yes.. you do have to hit him. Latency was most likely an issue here and he dodged your attack.
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    immune to damage should never be immune to effects

That's what the skill does though... use it without stealth, cc breaker, immune to further control effects plus 100% chance to deflect. Use it frin stealth and you're immune to all forms of dmg and control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    That's what the skill does though... use it without stealth, cc breaker, immune to further control effects plus 100% chance to deflect. Use it frin stealth and you're immune to all forms of dmg and control.

I don't care if that is what it does or not. A rogue should not be able to move into area of effects or over glyphs when in stealth and be immune. Being hidden should never be being immune and their ability to go as such instantly is BS. There should be not be able to go into such modes without something like a 5 second time span expiring since they either last attacked and/or were last hit. The non-damaging area of effect stuff should also work against GF's, I don't care if they are hiding behind a shield, when they walk into an area of effect spell the rest of their body should **** well be exposed to it.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If he was stealthed and wasn't affected, he could have dodged while stealthed. AOE damage is the best way to knock a rogue out of stealth BTW.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If he was stealthed and wasn't affected, he could have dodged while stealthed. AOE damage is the best way to knock a rogue out of stealth BTW.

Areas of effects that are cast upon locations seem to do nothing. Even sunburst doesn't work until the rogue is attacking and for a split second visible. In the real D&D game mages would cast true sight and everyone around them would be able to see rogues quite clearly and magic traps against rogues and assassins in stealth would actually be effective or at least slow them down very well.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well if they are stealthed how do you know exactly? If you can see them and seem immune that's ItC used from stealth (which pops them from stealth). Sunburst will work on a rogue stealthed or not, if not, then read the previous line.

And this 4E, this is not 3E, if it were clerics would actually be better too.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a trickster rogue, I can tell you that AoEs of all kinds do effect me while in stealth. There are, however, ways to avoid them. And yes, we should have access to an immunity skill. Without it, we could otherwise get chain cc'd from range without ever having a chance to attack. It's not like it doesn't come with the trade off of having to drop one of our damage-dealing encounters to have it accessible. I wish people would stop screaming for TR nerfs just because they got bested by one in PvP. I mean, come on! Everyone, including TRs, gets their asses handed to them in pvp sometimes. I've gotten steam-rolled and I've been the one doing the steam-rolling. It happens. Suck it up and move on.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As both a DC & TR, me can confidently say that you missed.

Chains still affect invisible TRs & will root them. (As they won't be under impossible to catch under stealth)

Place your chains more strategically & you'll see TRs caught by them routinely. (Like say the bottleneck doors towards points 1 & 3. They really love to stealth before they think you can see them.....even though you can easily see them.)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could be a graphical issue. I routinely drive-by Takedown invisible TRs, hoping to see them fall over prone. As I catch up to them again within visible range, I just see them standing there not moving for a second or two.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I remember being rooted to the ground even when stealthed thanks to these yellow chains. So I don't think Stealth is the case here. We can dodge this area skill, hence invalidating its effects. Impossible to Catch also makes us immune to CC. What might have happened was a Rogue used ITC before he went to Stealth, thus making it look like Stealth was the reason for the immunity.
  • Options
    noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Doesnt both sunburst and chains have relatively high animation time (correct me if I'm wrong), making them pretty easy to be dodged? Atleast I havent had any issues of dodging them in stealth or visible.
  • Options
    slashenterslashenter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can simply dodge every AOE spell, done it many times. DC rooting chains are a joke to pass over them with dodge
  • Options
    amy604amy604 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nerf stealf? :rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwxQD0urGUE3WNlZBoHjJI_JHcqBAOauz8te7AEGB477MwcVs6oQ
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure that my cleric area of attacks never touches rogues when they go into stealth. In addition, chains of light is an area marking spell and is supposed to stun those that touch it, in stealth mode rogues just walk and attack right through it as if it wasn't even there. If area of attacks are supposed to injure rogues, then the clerics need better programming cause our stuff never works against them in such mode.

how you know they re walking through it and not around it, since you can`t see because of stealth ;p
    if you re in the middle of it i can understand, but maybe they use impossible to catch encounter.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I can't put it more gently than this: you're an idiot.

You just make a blanket whining post, like so many other nerf-posts, with nothing but a hurt ego and misinformation.

Roll a rogue, stand in some AoE, get back to us then...
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why dont we all eliminate TR skills and bonus and give them a lollipop to each hand? it would be easy to kill them uhn?

jezz.. other have shields, blocks, stuns, immunities, heals, etc.. we have stealth... if we have to learn to avoid/deflect your skills why dont u all haters learn to deal with stealth?

tbh a good player can find me in stealth and hit me.. its just a matter of knowledge :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Funny how people cry for nerf if in the first place they didn't even know how to play their toon. If you don't want to die buddy, go pvp with dummy.

What a cry baby fellow, go to your momma and tell her, "Momma, i can't see a TR, they should removed the stealth."
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Waaaah I died in PVP. Nerf killing me.
  • Options
    asmodial66asmodial66 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    Why dont we all eliminate TR skills and bonus and give them a lollipop to each hand? it would be easy to kill them uhn?

jezz.. other have shields, blocks, stuns, immunities, heals, etc.. we have stealth... if we have to learn to avoid/deflect your skills why dont u all haters learn to deal with stealth?

tbh a good player can find me in stealth and hit me.. its just a matter of knowledge :/

Speaking as a DC I would have to agree yes most have shields blocks stuns etc but when it comes to immunities a cleric has squat and as to the healing yes regeneration spell and the heal effects but lets do some math on the healing to what damage can be done. A rogue could lets say in 1 strike do what 10k damage lets say and a heal could heal I don't know lets say 4k at best so I would say that the minor omg pushback of sunburst should effect a rogue which is a joke pushback really doesn't provide defence at all for maybe 1-2 secs but it would be something. And btw I am sure that is very generous math since I am sure heals might not do that much and rogue could pull a lot more damage.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    asmodial66 wrote: »
    Speaking as a DC I would have to agree yes most have shields blocks stuns etc but when it comes to immunities a cleric has squat and as to the healing yes regeneration spell and the heal effects but lets do some math on the healing to what damage can be done. A rogue could lets say in 1 strike do what 10k damage lets say and a heal could heal I don't know lets say 4k at best so I would say that the minor omg pushback of sunburst should effect a rogue which is a joke pushback really doesn't provide defence at all for maybe 1-2 secs but it would be something. And btw I am sure that is very generous math since I am sure heals might not do that much and rogue could pull a lot more damage.
    A sentinel specced DC is extremely difficult to kill, however if you aren't defensively specced for PvP, the best you can really do it use all your DoTs on a TR while he isn't looking and hope he dies.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please leave the moderating to the moderators :) If you'd like to be one, of course, please do take the time to apply when Sominator announces new mod positions open.

Although, it is correct in classifying this thread as a necro, do note that the moderation staff has the discretion to leave the thread in question open in regards to current relevance and continuing use to the community as a whole.

This thread, unfortunately, does not qualify.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.