test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My feedbacks and bugs report from the Gauntlgrym Event

mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello to all developpers!

First of all, great job on Gauntlgrym, this is a really fun part of the game, and I can't wait to play it with my guild members on the live server. Though there is still some work to be done.

First problem was the keyboard not working on my login. I had to re-bind all my keys for them to work again. But I expect it to be a problem unrelated to Gauntlgrym and will probably won't follow on the live server.

Next, here is what I think of the different phase of Gauntlgrym.

First Phase :
Really nice. I love that we need to unlock the forge and the stables to gear ourselves. Though, I have no idea which implication it gives to the second phase. It would be nice to have a better explanation about that. There is also a task to kill duergar after the big Duegar/Demon is killed (forgot the name). But there is no feedback of progression on that one.

Second Phase :
It is really nice to have a choice of going pvp or pve for this phase. Catapults actually throwing balls of fire on the pvp area is really nice. Having to give food and relics to the Giants to get their help is also nice, though I haven't seen any change in the pvp area.
But here now lies my problems... The pvp queue wouldn't let me join. It pop twice to join, but not everyone accepted. It's really sad since I love that pvp area. I would rather have some rotation on the participants, or multiple quick match of 5 minutes instead of a single group of 20 that has access and everyone else is stuck with pve.
As for the pve part, the carts seemed bugged after a while. I know I've seen one working correctly once being filled, the train left and a new one appeared. But when I came back, both trains were filled, but wouldn't leave and couldn't be replaced. Still no idea what it gives to the pvp area.

Third Phase :
Really fun to do. Quick, and not too hard. In this event, I only did the tier 1 dungeon. The boss dropped some pvp boots, and I was wondering if it was dropping pve gear as well. As for the reward chest, I never got to open it. Well, actually I could open it, but there was no windows with any rewards or text in it. Only the cinematic bars (top and bottom) appeared and I could close it with ESC. But since I haven't got the reward, I couldn't leave the area either normally, so I just left the game to write those comments.

Overall, I will have a LOT of fun doing this. Nice bosses, nice concept, lot of challenge and competition against the other faction. But for now, I think there is still work to be done before it goes live again.

Keep doing a great work!

P.S. I haven't seen a single dev online in this event either. I would have liked to see them interact with us.

Moribela Dolvir
My Foundry Campain
NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
Post edited by mordrek on

Comments

• Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mordrek wrote: »
    Hello to all developpers!

..First problem was the keyboard not working on my login. I had to re-bind all my keys for them to work again. But I expect it to be a problem unrelated to Gauntlgrym and will probably won't follow on the live server.

And how were you able to do this? Many of us could not. even rebind .. it was just useless.
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    When I realized I couldn't move nor do anything, I relogged. Then when the home window showed, I had my cursor available and clicked on the option button in the top bar. From there I went into the key bindings options. Even if they were correct for most, I had to change it again (for the same most of the time). There was also many bindings to some joysticks, even if I have none.
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

• Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I repeated the exact procedures multiple times to no avail, after phantom setting my keys (they wouldnt show after bind) returning to game did nothing.
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There might be another problem then. Though I showed what seemed to work on my side. That might gives some idea to the developpers to fix the bug.
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald