test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tene's worth it?

oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Besides the fact that they are more than likely going to get nerfed, are they worth the investment? Are rogues still effectively using them? In my case, i'm upgrading them myself and then selling but I have lots of other enchants I could focus on...is it worth my time? Are they effective in PvE?
Post edited by oregonize on

Comments

• Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worth it for PVP - not worth it for PVE. Probably going to get nerfed. I think Greater Tene's are up to well over 1 mil AD now, so that's up for you to decide.

I would say they're not worth it in PVE because of the high-ish internal cooldown and the damage can't crit (afaik).
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As if PvP wasn't easy enough without them, if you want to cheese more and 2 shot everyone even faster, then go get the overpriced Greater Tenebrous enchants.

I personally invested in Rank 8 and 9 Enchants rather than 6 Greater Tenes because PvP is already an imbalanced mess as it is without Tenes and because Tenes will most likely get nerfed some more.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As if PvP wasn't easy enough without them, if you want to cheese more and 2 shot everyone even faster, then go get the overpriced Greater Tenebrous enchants.

I personally invested in Rank 8 and 9 Enchants rather than 6 Greater Tenes because PvP is already an imbalanced mess as it is without Tenes and because Tenes will most likely get nerfed some more.

I was more just wondering if people were still using them because i'm currently upgrading and selling enchants and I have to invest a considerable amount in order to do so efficiently. Since people buying AD are the biggest market for such enchants I just wanted to know if they are still being used...Thanks for input.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    I was more just wondering if people were still using them because i'm currently upgrading and selling enchants and I have to invest a considerable amount in order to do so efficiently. Since people buying AD are the biggest market for such enchants I just wanted to know if they are still being used...Thanks for input.

Sure, people still use them. They got nerfed but still OP as f*ck. Internal cooldown was nerfed to 20 seconds but that just means every 20 seconds, you can still do 5-6k+ unmitigated damage to any target.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think so after the patch.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for ot, but I hear a lot of people talking about an upcoming patch, can someone link me to a thread? I can't find any.

On topic: In PVP at least tenes are still completely insane, even with the increased CD. But then again, I don't know how they will be nerfed even more and if they remain viable.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GTene proc 700-900 each for TR, GF and GWF dunno about CW or Cleric. They are still very powerful next to Greater/Perfect Vorpral in PvP. They nerfed them bass ackward IMO since I personally saw nothing wrong with the proc rate, its the +%dmg synergy that neither makes sense nor plays out well for your opponent.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yea tenes are still OP. Watching a rival guild's stream after our guild did a 3v3 and the enemy TR said if he had 2 more tenes, he would've owned me. :rolleyes:

It's pretty sad to hear people use tenes as crutches when they get outplayed by non-tene players.
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    I nearly got them but they got nerfed so I saved my AD
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    It's pretty sad to hear people use tenes as crutches when they get outplayed by non-tene players.

qft!!!

/signed, 0 tene wearing TR