test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Foundry AQA

tripstitchytripstitchy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
http://bit.ly/15ukuQV
So I was going around the Foundry, and, as with many other developing forums, I found that it was difficult to really orient myself properly. I can search for things, but if people don't use the right keywords, I have a snowball's chance in... well, an oven, really, because sometimes I get really, really lucky, but I digress. Long story short, I came up with a little thought: What if there was a thread that, rather than an "FAQ" we made for beginners and never looked back on, it was an index of all the questions people could come up with? Thus, this little idea came up and I figured I'd make it, see if anyone else was going to participate. It won't work like I want it to within the forum normally, so I'm making it within a Google document linked at the start of this post. I've managed to figure a few things out myself, but I am very much the definition of overzealous newbie. Thus, I would not be so arrogant as to answer any big questions myself, and I would really like to stimulate some participation right off the bat, so I have some questions listed to show you guys the idea behind it and generally demonstrate the way in which I will organize the document. That's not to say this is done and done! Please send me a PM if you can think of more effective categories! This is just what I could come up with on the fly, so I would love to have help from other people! If you guys don't like the idea, feel free to tell me so, and participation is by no means required of anyone, but I really think this could be an extremely useful tool. And so, without further ado... here we go!
Post edited by tripstitchy on

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even the Foundry FAQ thread refuses to get stickied. If you're interested, you might want to start developing this in the Neverwinter Wiki, foundry section.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry_quick_start
  • tripstitchytripstitchy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm. Do you think I should add it there? I just don't know where it would get more attention, is all. :P It would seem, though, that this may not be the place, but that conclusion is obviously pretty hasty and based on only a few hours.