test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making objects move

mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
So before I give myself a concussion ramming my head into a wall, is there a way to make an object move? Don't want to give away too much of what I'm doing, but I want to make kinda a cart that can move on it's own or even be pulled by an NPC horse or something. Anyone know a way to do this?
NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.

Comments

• gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Objects are 100% static with the except of doors. You can kinda-sorta give the illusion an object has moved by making it disappear and a second copy of it appear in a different spot, but that's about it.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's what I was afraid of. This Foundry is stifling my creativity :( Thanks though
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Consider it a test of creativity ;)

(By which I mean, of course, find interesting ways to work around it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mee2002 wrote: »
    That's what I was afraid of. This Foundry is stifling my creativity :( Thanks though

Yeah, as gemstrike said that's the only way. For example: you could have a door automatically open using markers and several copies of the door so that the previous one disappears while the next one appears when you reach that marker (component reached). However, there's no way to go back and forth. It's a one-way linear script.

However, there are now illusionary objects (eg: walls that dissapear with a cool effect when you get close).

Also, there are "movable" objects, but these are just like the barrels or so in Neverwinter that have physics and move when a player hits them. I haven't tried them yet and only saw it in the Foundry, but not sure if it's completely working. Still, you can't script them to move according to your will.

I think this along with no timers is two of the big restrictions for Foundry quests. Everything is static and done with triggers only. Worse, not all trigger types work on everything. For example, you can have details appear/disappear when the player has a certain item in their inventory, but you can't do the same for encounters. And you can have details appear/disappear with triggers, but portals don't do this at all.

Lots of annoying limits.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD