test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to PVP Sentinel Build w/ Tene enchants

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
It seems there is a TON of ways to play the Sentinel build depending on your flavor.

RACE:
I Like Human the Best with +2 Con. GWFs have really nice Heroic Feats so I think it makes alot of sense, not to mention 3% defense which is very nice!

STAT ROLLS:
I chose to max CON and got +18 Con with my +2 giving me 24 at 60... For the allocation I put my points in Dex for crit and was stupid and put 2 points into STR. So my Crit should have been higher... oh well...

HEROIC FEATS:
I have tinkered with this many times and seem to like my conclusion here... I am Human btw.

- 4/5 Unstoppable Action
- 3/3 Toughness
- 3/3 Armor Specialization
- 3/3 Constitution Focus
- 5/5 Steely Defense
- 3/3 Weapon Mastery
- 2/3 Devastating Critical

PARAGON FEATS:

- 5/5 Unstoppable Recovery
- 5/5 Scale Agility
- Torn here between Grim Promise/Student of the Sword(leaning SotS) (5/5)
- 5/5 Grudge Style
- 5/5 Master at Arms
- 1/1 Sentinal's Aegis

For the Last 5, I was considering Defiance since you will have dailys active quite a bit, and 25% more armor Defense using Slam is pretty OP. I dont know how Dim Returns would affect this much, however.

My other thoughts are:
- Great Weapon Focus (10% more at will damage)
- Vicious Advantage (not honestly sure about combat advantage though...)
- Stunning Flourish (seems pretty pro combined with SotS) If this crits, its effectively a full proc on SotS from what I understand...

EDIT: Tested this last night. a crit DOES give the full stack of SotS which is VERY nice!

POWERS:

At Will: Sure Strike is all youll really use... maybe along with Weapon Master's Strike

Encounters: Takedown, Flourish, (Open). I am trying a few things here but havnt found one that really takes the cake so far.

Dailies: Crescendo seems pretty powerful, then Slam or Savage Advance seem to be good too...

Passives:

This is where I am really torn. With Master At Arms, Weapons Master is a must and a huge dps boost.

For the Second: "SteadFast Determination" is nice, but havnt found building determination to be a problem... But with the recent temp HP buff, having it up more could pay off alot.
"Steel Defense" is very powerful since its basically a soulforged enchant... That only happens every time you have a daily. 1v1 combat that is not a TON, but that 3 seconds is pretty huge coupled with a SF enchant too... INSANE.
"Bravery" for Deflect and Run Speed is very nice too...

GEAR:
2 Piece Titans
2 Piece Srappers

Main/OFF Hands: I like Reaver for the +max HP (tene here) OR the Ice Axe for the Regen... Dont discount regen! Also Greater Lifedrinker enchant. Off Hand: Titan's Knot

Neck: Torn between a few pieces. Basically Stack HP here for Tene so Cloak of the Volcano OR there is a green called Accordant's Amulet that has +775 HP on it... Compared to anything else, its not a bad choice...

Rings: Either Ancient Ring of Revolt (HP/Pwr/Df) OR Surgeon's Ring (Blue item) - The reason is that Regen is very powerful to stack once high enough and these two items combined have +434... with the Axe that is a total of close to 700...

Belt: Cord of Bloodlust has over 1k HP + Offensive slot.

Offensive Enchants: Greater Tene
Defensive: HP Enchants
Utility: Run Speed.

Overall, Unkillable and very good damage output.... I know this wont be new news to anyone...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    It seems there is a TON of ways to play the Sentinel build depending on your flavor.

RACE:
    I Like Human the Best with +2 Con. GWFs have really nice Heroic Feats so I think it makes alot of sense, not to mention 3% defense which is very nice!

STAT ROLLS:
    I chose to max CON and got +18 Con with my +2 giving me 24 at 60... For the allocation I put my points in Dex for crit and was stupid and put 2 points into STR. So my Crit should have been higher... oh well...

HEROIC FEATS:
    I have tinkered with this many times and seem to like my conclusion here... I am Human btw.

- 4/5 Unstoppable Action
    - 3/3 Toughness
    - 3/3 Armor Specialization
    - 3/3 Constitution Focus
    - 5/5 Steely Defense
    - 3/3 Weapon Mastery
    - 2/3 Devastating Critical

PARAGON FEATS:

- 5/5 Unstoppable Recovery
    - 5/5 Scale Agility
    - Torn here between Grim Promise/Student of the Sword(leaning SotS) (5/5)
    - 5/5 Grudge Style
    - 5/5 Master at Arms
    - 1/1 Sentinal's Aegis

For the Last 5, I was considering Defiance since you will have dailys active quite a bit, and 25% more armor Defense using Slam is pretty OP. I dont know how Dim Returns would affect this much, however.

My other thoughts are:
    - Great Weapon Focus (10% more at will damage)
    - Vicious Advantage (not honestly sure about combat advantage though...)
    - Stunning Flourish (seems pretty pro combined with SotS) If this crits, its effectively a full proc on SotS from what I understand...

POWERS:

At Will: Sure Strike is all youll really use... maybe along with Weapon Master's Strike

Encounters: Takedown, Flourish, (Open). I am trying a few things here but havnt found one that really takes the cake so far.

Dailies: Crescendo seems pretty powerful, then Slam or Savage Advance seem to be good too...

Passives:

This is where I am really torn. With Master At Arms, Weapons Master is a must and a huge dps boost.

For the Second: "SteadFast Determination" is nice, but havnt found building determination to be a problem... But with the recent temp HP buff, having it up more could pay off alot.
    "Steel Defense" is very powerful since its basically a soulforged enchant... That only happens every time you have a daily. 1v1 combat that is not a TON, but that 3 seconds is pretty huge coupled with a SF enchant too... INSANE.
    "Bravery" for Deflect and Run Speed is very nice too...

GEAR:
    2 Piece Titans
    2 Piece Srappers

Main/OFF Hands: I like Reaver for the +max HP (tene here) OR the Ice Axe for the Regen... Dont discount regen! Also Greater Lifedrinker enchant. Off Hand: Titan's Knot

Neck: Torn between a few pieces. Basically Stack HP here for Tene so Cloak of the Volcano OR there is a green called Accordant's Amulet that has +775 HP on it... Compared to anything else, its not a bad choice...

Rings: Either Ancient Ring of Revolt (HP/Pwr/Df) OR Surgeon's Ring (Blue item) - The reason is that Regen is very powerful to stack once high enough and these two items combined have +434... with the Axe that is a total of close to 700...

Belt: Cord of Bloodlust has over 1k HP + Offensive slot.

Offensive Enchants: Greater Tene
    Defensive: HP Enchants
    Utility: Run Speed.

Overall, Unkillable and very good damage output.... I know this wont be new news to anyone...

I will happy if they just make fix Tene's and only allow 1 per character and have it unique like a weapon enchant. Every build is pretty dumbed down atm cause its build around a Tene. No offense to your post its well done and well the build makes sense cause Sentinel with Tene's is overpowered. So nerf Tene and allow real build to develop is all I got.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The devs in this game are useless.
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    i know this build, and i know a guys with this build(or similar), they have more than 35k hp(one of them 39khp)damage resistance 43%, 20/35% deflection, they are invulnerable and thx to tenebrous ench they have a insane dps, best defense with a hight offence. And yes, in this game devs are useless, welcome to a pay to win asian games
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    More than a tene build for gwf, we need strat to counter it legitimately in a domination match:)
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hellorco wrote: »
    More than a tene build for gwf, we need strat to counter it legitimately in a domination match:)

There is only one way, roll a sentinel GWF yourself. That is what my guild did to counter these tank GWFs backcapping our point and winning games.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm gonna bump this so hopefully more people will roll sentinel GWFs and then people can understand what class is truly OP.

You think GF vs GF is boring? You should watch two sentinel GWFs go at it. They can literally fight for 10 minutes straight.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    There is only one way, roll a sentinel GWF yourself. That is what my guild did to counter these tank GWFs backcapping our point and winning games.

LOL my main is a GF and I got sick of all these ultra hard to kill Sentinel GWFs so I rolled one myself. I am still working on the passives though and REALLY town between Steel Defense or Bravery. Both are SO SO good I find it hard to pass either up... I even considered giving up the added crit passive but its too good to pass up especially feated...

Anyone have any thoughts about the passives? 5 seconds of immunity is VERY strong, but so is 15% deflect... So hard to choose.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will happy if they just make fix Tene's and only allow 1 per character and have it unique like a weapon enchant. Every build is pretty dumbed down atm cause its build around a Tene. No offense to your post its well done and well the build makes sense cause Sentinel with Tene's is overpowered. So nerf Tene and allow real build to develop is all I got.

FIX does NOT = 1 tene btw... It was INTENDED to be used multiple times, the only problem is it was not balanced. IMHO it seems like the greater and perfect enchants were NOT really tested, they just picked a number that sounded good and went with it. I mean 2% of HP as necro damage isnt THAT OP, but 3% is a 50% Increase in necro damage... THATS where it scales wrong It needs to be roughly a 50% increase from lesser to regular (meaning 1.5%) and then a 25% increase from that (meaning 2% for GREATER). This would tone it down for PVP, but it would have to get buffed for PVE... Maybe giving it the ability to hit more than 1 target on a proc?

Also Vorpal needs to follow the same way... 50% on perfect?! WAY too strong... I did the math and perfect vorpal will do MORE damage than a FULL greater tene set up... But people dont seem to think its OP somehow?! Imagine perfect vorpal + greater tene.... Just stupid...