test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Should be the next class in NW

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you think we could use more of a healer role, or perhaps a tank or DPS/ranged/melee

Share your thoughts.
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once they are done with the scourge warlock and archery ranger, I'm hoping they start working on adding more classes to fill the leader, control, and defender roles.

Paladin would probably be the most obvious choice for defender, though swordmage would be nice to see. Either warlord or bard would be good for leaders, though I would prefer bard. Druid would probably be the easiest pick for controller.
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    Druid. Not so much a healer as the cleric but with buffs like Barkskin and Stoneskin that improve AC which heal to a lesser degree than the cleric and unique animal companions to buy. I'd want them to be a support class that would give people two healer classes to choose from just as there are two warrior classes to chose from. Druids could be more offensive than clerics(just as GWF is more offensive than a GF) to offset the weak secondary healing of their buffs with skills like Creeping Doom, Call Lightning, Ice and Fire Storm with Storm of Vengeance as the top tier offensive skill. Just some suggestions.

Also, shapechange which transforms them into various beasts in each tier would be awesome(altering ability scores and AC for the duration). Spellcasting could be disabled for its duration to offset the buff. It could be set of utility skills that improve with scaling the class can use.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Druid. Not so much a healer as the cleric but with buffs like Barkskin and Stoneskin that improve AC which heal to a lesser degree than the cleric and unique animal companions to buy. I'd want them to be a support class that would give people two healer classes to choose from just as there are two warrior classes to chose from. Druids could be more offensive than clerics(just as GWF is more offensive than a GF) to offset the weak secondary healing of their buffs with skills like Creeping Doom, Call Lightning, Ice and Fire Storm with Storm of Vengeance as the top tier offensive skill. Just some suggestions.

If they add a Druid, I'd rather see it where some of their at-wills and dailies temporarily summon creatures to aid you; Like calling a flock of birds to attack the enemy, or having a panther pounce the enemy from the darkness, give a few swipes, then retreat.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Also, shapechange which transforms them into various beasts in each tier would be awesome(altering ability scores and AC for the duration). Spellcasting could be disabled for its duration to offset the buff. It could be set of utility skills that improve with scaling the class can use.

I would suggest taking a look at the 4th edition version of druids. They are not healers. They are actually controllers.
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I would suggest taking a look at the 4th edition version of druids. They are not healers. They are actually controllers.
    Definitely, especially with Entangle and a giant spider companion with webs. They have have always been controllers and geared toward more offensive and defensive skills than healing.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There should be no new class. Why cause there new enchant doesn't work. Savage enchants have never worked 7 days latter. So I really don't want anything new till they can fix everything else first.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    There's a Leader variant in Heroes of Forgotten Kingdoms, which uses an animal companion and a weapon to fight, primarily.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There should be no new class. Why cause there new enchant doesn't work. Savage enchants have never worked 7 days latter. So I really don't want anything new till they can fix everything else first.
    I agree. It seems like the Savage Enchant was designed for a new class, with its duel abilities. No point in coming out with a new class until they fix the enchantments it was designed for.
    However, I would really love a Bard in game. Give me Bard playing a Dirge on his Smiting Lute of the Master Spellsong Composer and watch the enemy's ears bleed! Or, a Bard with a war cry that stuns the enemy and buffs my allies.... Oh, yeah, the Bard is awesome!
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If they add a Druid, I'd rather see it where some of their at-wills and dailies temporarily summon creatures to aid you; Like calling a flock of birds to attack the enemy, or having a panther pounce the enemy from the darkness, give a few swipes, then retreat.

That really should be a role that all current classes should be able to do. I remember all classes in Neverwinter nights had a summoning ability, dire badgers, dire wolfs....
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Wild Shape would be too hard for the skill level of Cryptic's devs to do right. It would be horrible to see them do a druid.

Warlord also has too many powers that move other characters, make other characters hit something for the warlord, and buff. Once again, beyond their skill level to do right.

Bard would be so much better for the next leader class, their buffs are great, but it is really a group class that supports others. It is also soft and squishy with poor damage dealing abilities.

What I would like to see them do is add another of each role before they go and add another striker with the ranger and then warlock. They are already committed on Archer Ranger, but they should expand the other roles before adding the Warlock.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see a Druid, Bard or Shaman. I don't care about Warlocks unless they do something fun with them... otherwise, they'll just be a boring rehash of the wizard with fire instead of ice.
    edited June 2013
    soulesha wrote: »
    I would like to see a Druid, Bard or Shaman. I don't care about Warlocks unless they do something fun with them... otherwise, they'll just be a boring rehash of the wizard with fire instead of ice.

The interesting part will be how they incorporate curses into the game. It will most likely be there tab power, but let's see what it does and how it interacts with encounter powers.
  • silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to see Bard, and Swordmage.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Do you think we could use more of a healer role, or perhaps a tank or DPS/ranged/melee

Share your thoughts.

I would rather see new Paragon Paths for existing classes then new classes added to Neverwinter.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg