test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When does the Critical Hit title get awarded?

lorenthel1lorenthel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
I was on during the event on Monday, stayed on long enough to do the T1 instance with the guild 300 that I joined.

But I never received the title.

How long does it take for the title to show up on the non preview server?
Post edited by lorenthel1 on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably will be at least until the next patch before we see the title.
  • Options
    baezylbaezyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yah, if it is forthcoming that is fine with me but I would like to at least know one way or the other.
  • Options
    inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I think they screwed a lot of players with this event. They tell us about it with barely enough time to even try and get in, and even after getting in some people didn't even get in a guild in time. So, an event that is announced and ran that most didn't even get to attempt to log in and what do the participants get? An awesome title. So those of us who didn't make it get screwed out of something because the media/relations department couldn't give us at least a week to prepare...

Btw, modern games need to stop giving away titles for 'one time only' events. Sure it might make some players feel special for a bit, but you do it at the cost of thousands of players who won't. It's one of the reasons I quit Rift way back. I bought the Beta, played the Closed and Open, and was there for all the launch events. Then a few months down the line they decided they needed more subs so they gave away the title 'The Chosen' to anyone who bought the game during a certain event. And that's just one example. There are hundreds of unobtainable titles in Rift.

I don't know about everyone else but I feel cheated when companies do such things. I played the game since launch, put money to help get it going, and then I get slapped in the face....
  • Options
    nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got in after the event started, it was easy as pie to get it, use the guild finder to find a guild that was already inside, ask for an invite and done.

You think you need a week to prepare? Maybe THAT is the point of the title, to award it to people who are actively monitoring and participating in the events. I found out about it literally at 5pm on the nose. I was in before 5:15, found a guild that was already in the event, and participated.

If you think not getting a title for a GAME is a slap in the face that you should feel offended about, I think you need to take a step back and re evaluate your relationships with games. I see people with titles I cannot get, does that make me angry, insulted, dejected or jealous of the other players with the tite? no, it makes me eager to be a participant in the next event to earn a title. Which if you ask me, is the whole point of them giving out unique titles like that, so next time there is an event, more people will be willing to participate. Not to mention they had a SECOND event that gave the ability to earn the title that they announced 24 hours beforehand, so it is not like you did not have a chance.

I told my guild on the main server about the test event, there were over 30-40 people online, how many came to the test event?
    ZERO. There is no incentive to test something on another server for 90 minutes, when you get NOTING for it. They need to give something as an incentive to get players to come test, but that something can't be anything that changes game play on the main server, that something has to be symbolic, like a title.
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Will this title be shared through out all your characters?
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw a friend with it, but I still don't have mine. The funny thing is I created a guild for the event, add a bunch of people, talked to the devs and he DQed 3 minutes into the event. =)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw a friend with it, but I still don't have mine. The funny thing is I created a guild for the event, add a bunch of people, talked to the devs and he DQed 3 minutes into the event. =)

You checked your e-mail account associated with your Neverwinter account?
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    You checked your e-mail account associated with your Neverwinter account?

Yeah, nothing.