test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Requirement for New Content!?

cylisbrexcylisbrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
Okay, I know, lots and lots of people like guilds. They're fun and awesome. But unless I'm really, REALLY unique, then there are also a lot of casual gamers who just prefer not to bother. Not because we don't like the social aspect of guilds, but because we KNOW we're hit or miss as to when we can be playing, and would rather just go at our own speed as solo players who join the auto-queues when needed.
I love this game. I love the rectal based combat, the layout, the world, everything. I like it so much I've even sunk the money into the Founder's Pack. So you can imagine my dismay-boarding-on-outright-rage when here we on on full release date, new content and excitement awaits... and I can't do it, simply because I haven't joined a guild.
Yeah, I know it's a small deal. I will join a guild, and all will be well. I just really do not appreciate being mandated to do so in a game that: A) is supposedly free-to-play, so one would assume all content is open regardless play-style, B) I freaking PAID for nonetheless!
I know end-game content is traditionally synonymous with large-group/raid content, that it is geared towards the hard-core, dedicated player. I get that, that's where the profit lies. But, come on! Surely a token nod to the casual, solo players can be given. I just wanna play the game.
Post edited by cylisbrex on

Comments

• Options
    wilthrythwilthryth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. As someone who also purchased a Founder's Pack as well as hundreds of dollars of Zen, I find this requirement very irritating.
  • Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    dawnwatchdawnwatch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excuse me, but if we allowed casual players to play the content, it would require significant nerfs to all the contents 'so that everyone can play' well, the fact is not everyone can be 'uber leet' without joining a guild, you gotta team up to get the loots, but if you want to be like 'loot is too hard to get, nerf content plz' go ahead and ruin a perfectly good game.
  • Options
    linusgorplinusgorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    Not every guild cares about your online times or your gear score..
    There are guilds for casual people.. And in the worst case you can just create your own.

But since this is in a Preview board, may I suggest you just use the guild search to find a guild and just ask them if you could join?
    Most guilds on Mimic take everyone, as its only a test shard anyway.

To get in <Black Marker> on Mimic, just message me or anyone else of us that runs around there (everyone on Mimic has invite rights). We only ask people to behave, regardless of age. We're a mature (and casual!) guild on Dragon and don't want to read kiddy bull**** on Mimic, if we happen to run around there.
  • Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    If you see ANYONE running through town, ask for a guild invite, plain and simple. Good luck trying to find 5 people to have in your party to create one. It's just a test shard, I'm sure it'll get wiped after its no longer needed.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dawnwatch wrote: »
    Excuse me, but if we allowed casual players to play the content, it would require significant nerfs to all the contents 'so that everyone can play' well, the fact is not everyone can be 'uber leet' without joining a guild, you gotta team up to get the loots, but if you want to be like 'loot is too hard to get, nerf content plz' go ahead and ruin a perfectly good game.

You don't allow anyone to play, let's make that clear. The majority of populations in MMOs are by definition casual players. Funny stuff