test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting Rough AD from Professions

rathelasrathelas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I logged on to the Neverwinter Gateway to be able to do my professions while I was at the office.
I collected the completed ones, and setup new ones.

A few minutes later, I decide to log in to the game itself.
I check my inventory cause I knew that I was supposed to have Rough AD to refine from the leadership professions that I just collected, and .... my Rough AD count was 0!

I didn't get any Rough AD from collecting my professions, funny thing is, I got the other rewards, the green barrel was in my inventory, it was just the AD I was supposed to collect was not there.

I think this is a major bug, specially for those of use who use the gateway to consistently keep our professions doing something while we're off at work. Not being able to the rewards correctly is really something else. We might as well not use the Gateway for professions cause we just might lose the rewards and waste all that time waiting
Post edited by rathelas on

Comments

• Options
    d00meed00mee Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    +1 here
    as a see the posts about stucked Alchemy professions wont give any rewards if finished in gateway.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its sad that a post about this bug has been showing up about once a week for the past 2 months.

Hoping they are working on it.. Until they patch it and other issues with Gateway collect any task that rewards RAD in game.
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm this seems to happen ~50% of the time.
  • Options
    unlovelygrotunlovelygrot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah **** this. I spent all day today and yesterday doing leadership on multiple toons - lots of queued "Protect Diamond Shipment" getting me 1600AD each, in theory, and burning blues to do it.

I log in, and I get 1600AD total. On each toon. Out of 3xthat mission, a whole bunch of battling undead, protecting caravans, etc.

**** those caravans, they can get eaten by the undead.

Its wonderful trying to make AD in this game, apparently the only approved method is to buy it.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, just don't use gateway. It's a pile of buggy bat guano, and frequently eats the rewards from tasks. It has been like this for a very long time, has been reported countless times, but hasn't been fixed. Less heartache if you just don't use it.
  • Options
    flashtonyflashtony Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I never had any problems with gate way and mail smithing.

With leadership I have found that I can not have more then 2 people collecting taxes for some reason.

About Rough AD...
    Is it possible that these are automatically converted from time to time?

I have noticed that after finishing some quests? Invocing and so on.. I have not used to conversion for some time...

When I saw I got rough AD on Invocing I went to transform it and noticed I only had those which I had just received...

I assumed there was some sort of automatic transformation going on when you are offline... possible?

Cheers

Tony
    "Tanking since 1984"
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think it refines them when you zone. Its just the Gateway though, you can queue up leadership projects in the Gateway and collect them in game. If you can't collect the reward in game then just do a different craft while you are at work and set the leadership ones so that they complete when you get home. Just takes some timing.

It seems I see a new thread about this exact same problem within a day of the previous thread ending up on page 2 of the bug forum. I'm not joking in the slightest when I say I have seen a thread about this at least once per week since Beta Weekend 4.
  • Options
    jkvansteenisjkvansteenis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tought this was a bug as well.
    But it took me some time to figure out, and yesterday i deceided to keep track of all AD jobs i do via the gateway at work.

I made 4K rough AD yesterday with some leadership jobs.
    And i logged in at home, and there were no AD.
    But i kept track of my refined AD pool as well, and there was the missing 4K, so they were refined automatically.

Just keeping track of this today as well.
    Strange thing is though, as you collect them via the gateway, they are "gone".
    In the gateway they don't add to your refined total.
    This is done when you log in.
    Earn free UGC Gamecards for ZEN here with better rates than free PWI zen
    Current chars : Malignant@jkvansteenis - LVL60 TR on Beholder
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I tought this was a bug as well.
    But it took me some time to figure out, and yesterday i deceided to keep track of all AD jobs i do via the gateway at work.

I made 4K rough AD yesterday with some leadership jobs.
    And i logged in at home, and there were no AD.
    But i kept track of my refined AD pool as well, and there was the missing 4K, so they were refined automatically.

Just keeping track of this today as well.
    Strange thing is though, as you collect them via the gateway, they are "gone".
    In the gateway they don't add to your refined total.
    This is done when you log in.

Interesting. Could you also keep track of which jobs you are doing and collecting? Can't have too much info after all and its possible that some of them are not working correctly.