test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House Unable to bid while others can?

kingeyelanderkingeyelander Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I like to buy stuff on the auction house, and it usually comes down to the last minute bid war, yet for some reason every single item i try to bid on, once the item hits 46-47 seconds, i am no longer able to bid, weather i am winning or losing i can no longer bid, yet for some reason i have noticed other people are able to. I was winning on an item, it hit 46 seconds so i could no longer bid, and i kept refreshing my bids to see if i would get outbid, and sure enough at 10 seconds someone outbids me. Anyone else have this issue with bidding? I have already missed buying a lot of good items that i really wanted to get for decent prices because of this.
Post edited by kingeyelander on

Comments

• Options
    kaladinsurgekaladinsurge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing happened to me 20 mins ago bid button greyed out but others still bidding on it around 45 seconds left.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump. can we get some light shed on this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump. Still in the dark on this.
  • Options
    leericaleerica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like to buy stuff on the auction house, and it usually comes down to the last minute bid war, yet for some reason every single item i try to bid on, once the item hits 46-47 seconds, i am no longer able to bid, weather i am winning or losing i can no longer bid, yet for some reason i have noticed other people are able to. I was winning on an item, it hit 46 seconds so i could no longer bid, and i kept refreshing my bids to see if i would get outbid, and sure enough at 10 seconds someone outbids me. Anyone else have this issue with bidding? I have already missed buying a lot of good items that i really wanted to get for decent prices because of this.

I have had this issue happen several times since the AH/AD fiasco of last week. It is very frustrating. When I go to send a bug report in game on this, I am unable to do so. With time still left on the auction, we should be able to bid until the counter reaches zero. Why does it seem that we cannot at around the 45 second left mark, and others can? Please fix both issues.
  • Options
    trademarkedtrademarked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am unable to bid once the minute mark ends and it starts counting down from 59. I've lost many, many auctions due to others being allowed to bid.
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, wtf? It seems other people have figured out a way to avoid this, but I have no idea how
  • Options
    milelolmilelol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same happen to me, looks like still not corrected, any explanation by the administration or something? is really weird, i lost every cheap item i want to buy, its not normal this bug, thanks to this i will be poor always as i cant buy cheap things.
  • Options
    nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    I don't know for sure, but generally the gateway on the web works better than the in game system. It's a terrible work around, but it might be worth a try.
  • Options
    questionabletootquestionabletoot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought there was just a close out time on the bids for no good reason at all because that's what happens on every bid I've done. Either it keeps making me bid 0 (entering a number doesn't work) in the last 30 seconds or so, or who ever was trying to out bid me would suddenly stop. Maybe you have a time handicap if you're accessing the auction remotely? If so, that's something that should be mentioned, but if not... bugs in the hub of your economy is bad thing
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I've experienced this too, it is frustrating as all heck but at this point I am not really surprised that it hasn't been addressed.
  • Options
    thegweeeepthegweeeep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This happened to me today as well. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    happens a lot, always until the last minute.
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope. pw gives no **** about the auction house as the newest patches dont help out for that. its rather you have to put twice the amount so no one can outbid you type. pw seems to never have gone to a real auction bidding as bidding till the last second would be a much better option, bid till the clocks down at zero.
  • Options
    deitytealdeityteal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a method to safeguard against people who do last second bids. It's not that difficult to figure out either, all I'm going to say is try the gateway and in-game auction. I was just like the lot of you, but rather than complaining I found a solution. I think the reason for the delay in the game as opposed to the website is due to possible delay/complications for people who use the gateway medium.
  • Options
    fulmin8fulmin8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I have been trying to buy low-priced items to sell for gold. I noticed that almost every single time I bid on green/blue equipment, I am outbid.

So, tonight I sat, in game, on the AH on the My Bids tab in the AH, as 8 separate items I was high bidder on, all posted by the same player, all within about a minute's time, ticked down to 0. At somewhere less than a minute I was not allowed to bid (BID button grayed out). Never once was I told I was outbid. I went to my mailbox and found an "Outbid on..." mail for every single one.

Either someone has scripted a bidding program to protect things they want, or the way the AH functions is screwed up. Perhaps both.

The F2P economy is already lousy, at least make the AH fair.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2013

I tried not to respond, but cannot resist.

Call me the Necromancer if you must, but it is stil a relevant topic.

So you thought you could sweep in at 5 seconds to the end and TAKE IT did you?

No, it seems that whole last minute (or close to it) are closed to bidding.

Coolest system Ive seen. Because as you been sitting there waiting; some hackhole thinks he can just SNAG your auction you've been waiting for at the last second! WRONG! THE JOKE IS ON YOU! YOU DIRTY GROBBLES!!! HEHEHEH!