test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF & game mechanics - many doubts...

hims3lfhims3lf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hello all!

Want to clarify some things before I start "assuming stuff", but dunno if someone knows the answers... its amazing the amount of research just to find out what should be displayed at power/feat tooltips! I'll be editing this post in case an answer is given, or new doubts (mine or somebody else) appears.

1 - ARP, if you have the cap to surpass given enemy resistance, does "student of the sword" feat - reduces enemy defense, max 15% - has any effect? OR once you have the cap in ARP, defense reduction (from mentioned feat or other sources) becomes meaningless and provides no bonuses whatsoever?

Answered by kloshi - Skills that reduce defences below the target mitigations can go into negatives, granting direct dmg increase, only armor pen cannot go into negatives, hence the 22% trash cap and 24% boss cap. If you are capped at these values, then SotS and similar effects (like the CW thaumaturge debuffs) and plague fire enchant add for you direct dmg increases.
And to clarify Armor Pen is calculated 1st, so if you are capped you add your mitigation debuffs after the 0% armor of the mob and go into the negatives.

2 - Slows.. are they cumulative? And if yes, how? (say you use a power that slows 50% for 5 seconds, right after that you or an ally use a power that slows 25% for 8 secs, what happens? First slow nulifies the second? Second slow erases the first? Or target gets an additional slow on top of the previous? If it stacks, how is the additional slow calculated?)

I have no clue! :D

3 - Determination says you gain temporary hit points, by my experience these hit points appear as yellow, get deducted first whenever you are damaged, disappear when determination ends (so doesn't function as a "healing effect"). Theres a feat called "Unstoppable Recovery" - adds to a max of 5% HP during unstoppable -, does it works the EXACT same way? And are these additional 5% calculated before OR after the determination natural HP increase?

No idea here as well, never used and was wondering ^^

4 - Activating unstopabble ceases all determination gain? Say (hypothetically) that during unstoppable I get damaged by 90% of my HP, does that refill the bar, or is pointless?

I assume activating it ceases all gain, which sucks and should be changed.

5 - The feat "Fleet Footed" - when you control a target, get (max 15%) bonus run speed for 3 secs -, what does this CONTROL refers to?

Answered by actroyan - Control is anything that apply an effect, like takedown or slow.

6 - Many powers and feats mention Stacks, is there a KNOWN duration for these stacks? Do they all share this same duration?

Knowing that will be reaaaaallly good =]

7 - the passive "Steel Blitz", can someone inform what is the chance and what is the increase by each enemy hit? Assuming this stacks exactly like Group Assault described next (number 8).

Seems like vital info when chossing this passive!

8 - Feat "Group Assault" WS deals max 5% more damage for each enemy hit, okay so in the same "swing of the weapon", if 4 enemies are hit, all take 20% more damage? Or, its works differently: first enemy hit gets 5% more, 2nd gets 10%, 3rd gets 15% and 4th 20%? (both examples assume that even when fighting a single enemy, this feat is already providing a 5% damage increase, that also true?)

Answered by actroyan - Increases damage taken by all creatures hit in the same swing, so if you hit 10 mobs, it deals 50% extra damage to each mob.

9 - GWF uses WMS, is WMS reduction to enemy damage resistance significant even if you have the cap in ARP (this question is similar to number 1), meaning: if you have the cap in ARP, does WMS still make enemies take more damage from at wills? Also does WMS benefit only the GWF that used it, or all other GWF attacking the target get bonus?

Don't know for most, but would be good if WMS reduced enemy resistance for ALL the at wills (from other GWF and other classes too) during that period, would give GWF a better purpose and value in groups ^^

See answer for question number 1

10 - Okay so, "Inquisitors Vengeance" - provides bonus damage whenever an ally is hit within 15', can anyone confirm if 15' is the area inside the red circle on picture: http://postimg.org/image/528051o6f/
Or a little bit more or less ?

actroyan believes it to be a little bit farther than the radius shown on picture!

11 - Combat advantage, is it 15% + the Charisma modifier?

Assuming YES by reads so far.

12 - asked by actroyan - The feat Nimble Runner, is this a buff with a timer or is it only active while sprint and punishing charge are active? punishing charge lasts like a fraction of a second so I'm curious.

Much obliged to anyone whos taken the time to read and/or try to clarify some questions, I'M REALLY THANKFUL!!
Post edited by hims3lf on

Comments

• actroyanactroyan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hims3lf wrote: »
    Hello all!

Want to clarify some things before I start "assuming stuff", but dunno if someone knows the answers... its amazing the amount of research just to find out what should be displayed at power/feat tooltips! I'll be editing this post in case an answer is given, or new doubts (mine or somebody else) appears.

1 - ARP, if you have the cap to surpass given enemy resistance, does "student of the sword" feat - reduces enemy defense, max 15% - has any effect? OR once you have the cap in ARP, defense reduction (from mentioned feat or other sources) becomes meaningless and provides no bonuses whatsoever?

I assume YES, it becomes meaningless.

2 - Slows.. are they cumulative? And if yes, how? (say you use a power that slows 50% for 5 seconds, right after that you or an ally use a power that slows 25% for 8 secs, what happens? First slow nulifies the second? Second slow erases the first? Or target gets an additional slow on top of the previous? If it stacks, how is the additional slow calculated?)

I have no clue! :D

3 - Determination says you gain temporary hit points, by my experience these hit points appear as yellow, get deducted first whenever you are damaged, disappear when determination ends (so doesn't function as a "heal"). Theres a feat called "Unstoppable Recovery" - adds to a max of 5% HP during unstoppable -, does it works the EXACT same way? And are these additional 5% calculated before OR after the determation natural HP increase?

No idea here as well, never used and was wondering ^^

4 - Activating unstopabble ceases all determination gain? Say (hypothetically) that during unstoppable I get damaged by 90% of my HP, does that refill the bar, or is meaningless?

I assume activating it ceases all gain, which sucks and should be changed.

5 - The feat "Fleet Footed" - when you control a target, get (max 15%) bonus run speed for 3 secs -, what does this CONTROL refers to?

Dunno ;X

6 - Many powers and feats mention Stacks, is there a KNOWN duration for these stacks? Do they all share this same duration?

Knowing that will be reaaaaallly good =]

7 - the passive "Steel Blitz", can someone inform what is the chance and what is the increase by each enemy hit? Assuming this stacks exactly like Group Assault described next (number 8).

Seems like vital info when chossing this passive!

8 - Feat "Group Assault" WS deals max 5% more damage for each enemy hit, okay so in the same "swing of the weapon", if 4 enemies are hit, all take 20% more damage? Or, its works differently: first enemy hit gets 5% more, 2nd gets 10%, 3rd gets 15% and 4th 20%? (both examples assume that even when fighting a single enemy, this feat is already providing a 5% damage increase, that also true?)

Seems like vital too =P

9 - GWF uses WMS, is WMS reduction to enemy damage resistance significant even if you have the cap in ARP (this question is similar to number 1), meaning: if you have the cap in ARP, does WMS still make enemies take more damage from at wills? Also does WMS benefit only the GWF that used it, or all other GWF attacking the target get bonus?

Don't know for most, but would be good if WMS reduced enemy resistance for ALL the at wills (from other GWF and other classes too) during that period, would give GWF a better purpose and value in groups ^^

10 - Okay so, "Inquisitors Vengeance" -provides bonus damage whenever an ally is hit within 15', can anyone confirm if 15' is the area inside the red circle on picture: http://postimg.org/image/528051o6f/
    Or a little bit more or less ?

Just to be sure! xD

11 - Combat advantage, is it 15% + the Charisma modifier?

Assuming YES by reads so far.

Much obliged to anyone whos taken the time to read and/or try to clarify some questions, I'M REALLY THANFUL!!

1. I dunno
    2. I dunno
    3. the 5% heal feat is based off max HP and red life (actual heal not temp HP)
    4. when unstoppable you get 50% mitigation if that never ended because enemies were attacking you it would be crazy OP
    5. Refers to attacks with controlling effects like Slow, knock down, knock back etc... so roar, take down blah blah who cares its just run speed.
    6. if it mentions it stacks it just means u can get multiple effects that are additive to one another, some are recharged as the new stack is applied but in some cases like my armor set bonus the time of the stacks are independent of each other.
    7. i Dunno but it hits often when using attacks against >1 opponent.
    8. option 1, (all enemies take 20% extra)
    9. I dunno but i imagine it is independent of armor pen.
    10. i dunno but max range of CW spells are 80' so 1/5 of that is roughly what your looking at. that looks close but i think it's a bit farther.
    11. I don't know.

FOR ANYONE WILLING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS I HAVE ONE MYSELF!
    The feat Nimble Runner, is this a buff with a timer or is it only active while sprint and punishing charge are active? punishing charge lasts like a fraction of a second so I'm curious.
  • hims3lfhims3lf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    actroyan wrote: »
    3. the 5% heal feat is based off max HP and red life (actual heal not temp HP)
    4. when unstoppable you get 50% mitigation if that never ended because enemies were attacking you it would be crazy OP
    5. Refers to attacks with controlling effects like Slow, knock down, knock back etc... so roar, take down blah blah who cares its just run speed.
    6. if it mentions it stacks it just means u can get multiple effects that are additive to one another, some are recharged as the new stack is applied but in some cases like my armor set bonus the time of the stacks are independent of each other.
    7. i Dunno but it hits often when using attacks against >1 opponent.
    8. option 1, (all enemies take 20% extra)
    9. I dunno but i imagine it is independent of armor pen.
    10. i dunno but max range of CW spells are 80' so 1/5 of that is roughly what your looking at. that looks close but i think it's a bit farther.
    11. I don't know.

FOR ANYONE WILLING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS I HAVE ONE MYSELF!
    The feat Nimble Runner, is this a buff with a timer or is it only active while sprint and punishing charge are active? punishing charge lasts like a fraction of a second so I'm curious.

3 - By that you're saying the feat bonus is applied before the unstoppable bonus, and that the feat bonus disappears just like unstoppable bonus, without working as a heal/hp recovery? Can you confirm 100%? :P

4 - Not really, when unstoppable is activated the determination gauge goes down so fast that only high amounts of damage (suffered) could sustain it a little longer (which would be only natural IMO since this is how determination works... however the damage suffered while unstoppable is reduced, that also contributes to the unlikeliness that unstoppable could be sustained for long), and that including the bonuses from "steadfast determination", and attacking of "destroyer purpose", but these 2 make so little to fill the gauge anyways ^^

5 - Ahh thanks! I also think it is a well.. kinda useless feat (just run speed) but wanted this clear :)

6 - Yeah I know that, doesn't answer how long the stacks last, and if stacks share the same duration ;X

7 - Can you say if it sometimes works even when fighting only 1 opponent?

8 - Okay and thanks! I'll stick to it being a little more unless someone contests.

Adding you question to the lot since I dunno the answer :)
    But what I think: NO TIMER, only while sprinting and the moment PC is active. Why? Because its a nice deflect bonus (which are rare) and you'll mostly be using sprint and PC to avoid enemy attacks, so those are the moments this feat - Nimble Runner - comes into action.
  • kloshikloshi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can answer about 1: Skills that reduce defences below the target mitigations can go into negatives, granting direct dmg increase, only armor pen cannot go into negatives, hence the 22% trash cap and 24% boss cap. If you are capped at these values, then SotS and similar effects (like the CW thaumaturge debuffs) and plague fire enchant add for you direct dmg increases.
    Edit: And to clarify Armor Pen is calculated 1st, so if you are capped you add your mitigation debuffs after the 0% armor of the mob and go into the negatives.
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello all!

I assume YES, it becomes meaningless.

Much obliged to anyone whos taken the time to read and/or try to clarify some questions, I'M REALLY THANKFUL!!

i wuld give anything to know the answer, so i can go POWER or 1900 arp, THANKS
  • hims3lfhims3lf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tnks kloshi!

I've added your answer and it applies to question number 9 too, correct? :)
  • rathelasrathelas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From what I can tell:
    Weapon Master Strike stacks = 3 seconds + 1 per rank (3/4/5)
    Destroyer Stacks = 5 seconds
    Daring shout = 5 seconds + 1 per rank (5/6/7)
    Weapon Master Class Feature = 3 + 1 per rank (3/4/5)
    Student of the Sword = 5 seconds

Not sure on the rest, I'm sure I missed other powers or feats that give stacks.
    I might be off with Daring shout and it might be 3/4/5 instead of 5/6/7.

Seems like its in between 10-20%: This is just me pulling number from my a$$
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you guys noticed that GWF for some reason gets +6 AC from nothing? The tooltip says "Features", but you get it even at 1st level and with no gear equipped.