test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Reason To Log In Anymore

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Because there's nothing to do. Due to the constant exploiting, it was ridiculously easy to get BiS for everything, rank 8/9 enchants due to the botters, and now there's really nothing more to do in the game.

- Gauntylgrim doesn't have a higher tier of gear and is on an event timer, making it hard for me to play it.
- PvP is an unbalanced mess, making it unappealing to play or invest time into
- The 24/7 exploiting of dungeons, especially Castle Never cheapens the value of all gear
- The majority of players have already quit, including 90% of my guild

There's really no more reason for me to log in, I wanted to call this game my home, but I can't find the incentive to.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Things that will get me playing again:

1. Able to gain experience after lvl 60. Kind of like Paragon levels in Diablo 3, there need to be some continued progression after 60.
    2. Raise level cap for companions so we have a reason to continue leveling them.
    3. Gauntylgrim off event timer, it is available at all times.
    4. Fix the exploits in the dungeons, ban the botters selling 99 stacks of enchants.
    5. Gauntylgrim has a new tier of gear to strive for.
    6. Invest some time into PvP to balance it, add more game modes.
    7. More specialization paths, classes, gear, zen shop items
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Because there's nothing to do. Due to the constant exploiting, it was ridiculously easy to get BiS for everything, rank 8/9 enchants due to the botters, and now there's really nothing more to do in the game.

- Gauntylgrim doesn't have a higher tier of gear and is on an event timer, making it hard for me to play it.
    - The 24/7 exploiting of dungeons, especially Castle Never cheapens the value of all gear

There's really no more reason for me to log in, I wanted to call this game my home, but I can't find the incentive to.

So you bought AD with ZEN and bought all of your gear/enchants from the AH and now complain there is nothing to do?

Well don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Also thanks for supporting the community with real money. ;)
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree done and done.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    So you bought AD with ZEN and bought all of your gear/enchants from the AH and now complain there is nothing to do?

Nice. It's a problem that he COULD do it that should concern you.

Also you seem to share Cryptic's view about him spending real money. Unfortunately, many of these people will never support such a community again so whilst you can smile at him now - just think how fewer games based on this business model are going to fail in the future when these companies begin to reap what they sow.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Less complainers are good. If they're not enjoying the game, they should quit and make space for the rest of us who are enjoying it. Protector's Enclave is getting very crowded and the forums very whiny, so this is a good thing.

Plus, we need more room for lower-level players who will purchase my many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I totally agree, in fact, I dont know what makes me login anyomore, i've been spending time on nothing, I even forget that my game is open very often, its getting really boring!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    brun2000 wrote: »
    I totally agree, in fact, I dont know what makes me login anyomore, i've been spending time on nothing, I even forget that my game is open very often, its getting really boring!

Don't let the door hit you also on the way out. :D
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter is so lacking, and yet has so much promise (I love the graphics and the zones and the quests and the combat system), it makes me want to go play WoW again. Seriously. That is how lacking Neverwinter is when it could be so much better.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Totally agree. I've reported the CN window exploit and botting to Cryptic over 2 weeks ago. Neither has been fixed. None of the exploiters and botters have been banned. Cryptic basically wanted the Ancient weapons and Rank 8/9/10 Enchants to be available at cheap prices so that the rich, dumb casuals would buy more Zen and get easily geared out. This game is a cash grab. Always has been, always will be. They don't care about the long-term success and quality of the game at all.

Another tard that ASSumes everyone who is geared out, paid to win.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Even if there wasn't alot of folks with BiS gear, that alone isn't enough reason to log in. I got so over gear grinding in WoW, now it's about having fun doing what I am doing, and once you've run the dungeons a few times its over. Gear is a non issue, that wouldn't motivate me enough. Case in point I don't have gear from Spellplague or CN, and no pvp gear, so by the logic that gear drives game life I should totally still need to log in and get that gear, but I don't give a rat ****, the game is played out.

The problem for me: Too much about CW's is broken and all the other classes suck moose balls. TR sucks like a vacuum cleaner to level solo, cleric is lame, nerfed, and still has bloody ****ing worthless Righteousness, and needs a cleric companion to quest with...wtf? The two fighters both suck alot, not only are they poor extrapolations of the 4E fighter, but for what they are they aren't very good. GWF sucks to level until lvl 35 or so because that's when the decent AoE powers come into play, and their single target dps is garbage. GF's and the marking mechanic are a joke. So out of a meager 5 classes at launch, 4 of them are junk, and the only one that is semi-decent is broke all to hell. Check out the massive list going on in the CW class forum of known bugs, also note it is nowhere to be seen on the recent preview server patch notes.

So all in all, NW is a mess. I started out panning for this game, I had high hopes and alot of excitement, I mean D&D and Cryptic, thought it could be good, I was sadly and disappointingly mistaken.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Before I continue, let me admit that I've done my fair share of complaining about Neverwinter. With that said...

It's funny how most of the complainers are those who've raced to end game, probably bought plenty of items with AD, and have little or no interest in the Foundry. For me, the Foundry is the real draw of Neverwinter. Without the Foundry I'd completely agree with the OP. With the Foundry it's a whole new ball game.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Before I continue, let me admit that I've done my fair share of complaining about Neverwinter. With that said...

It's funny how most of the complainers are those who've raced to end game, probably bought plenty of items with AD, and have little or no interest in the Foundry. For me, the Foundry is the real draw of Neverwinter. Without the Foundry I'd completely agree with the OP. With the Foundry it's a whole new ball game.

Once they get it so you can make better boss encounters and iron out some of the bugs in the foundry editor, IF they added a path to progression from running foundry quests (tokens and/or gear drops), then I might find it worthwhile to log in again. But as it stands, the end game isn't the deal breaker, if you read my post above, my issue is that 4 of 5 classes suck imo, and CW's the class I do like, are broken. Fix the game, I'll find something to do then. But at present, its just not in good enough order to keep from frustrating me more than entertaining me.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't let the door hit you also on the way out. :D

Now now, b e nice. some people don't remember what an MMORPG is actually for.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once they get it so you can make better boss encounters and iron out some of the bugs in the foundry editor, IF they added a path to progression from running foundry quests (tokens and/or gear drops)

Boss encounters: we have been asking for this, but there are ways to make exciting boss fights for Foundry quests. Just have to be creative.

Bugs in Foundry: 100% agreed. But they're not game breaking, just really, really annoying.

Progression from Foundry: indeed, we have been asking for this. The progression is there though. The well-made Foundry quests won't level you as fast as the pre-made content unless you take advantage of the XP-focused, short Foundry quests, in which case it becomes a grind instead of being fun.

Ultimately I'd really like to see the better, longer, more challenging UGC be hand picked to include DD level rewards at the end. We already have the mechanics in place for the Foundry quests that are eligible for the daily rewards. We just need new criteria for DD level rewards in Foundry quests.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree. I've reported the CN window exploit and botting to Cryptic over 2 weeks ago. Neither has been fixed. None of the exploiters and botters have been banned. Cryptic basically wanted the Ancient weapons and Rank 8/9/10 Enchants to be available at cheap prices so that the rich, dumb casuals would buy more Zen and get easily geared out. This game is a cash grab. Always has been, always will be. They don't care about the long-term success and quality of the game at all.

Another tard that ASSumes everyone who is geared out, paid to win.

BiS Enchants = Bought / Exploited - You should really think before you post.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Nice. It's a problem that he COULD do it that should concern you.

Also you seem to share Cryptic's view about him spending real money. Unfortunately, many of these people will never support such a community again so whilst you can smile at him now - just think how fewer games based on this business model are going to fail in the future when these companies begin to reap what they sow.

You can't blame a company for wanting players to spend real money on their game. However I'm not sure how long Neverwinter will last if people can buy their way to end game and then complain about nothing to do. /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Neverwinter is so lacking, and yet has so much promise (I love the graphics and the zones and the quests and the combat system), it makes me want to go play WoW again. Seriously. That is how lacking Neverwinter is when it could be so much better.
    Nothing has come close to making me play wow again.. Then again, I played it since release so have gotten my fill and then some.. haha.....
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Less complainers are good. If they're not enjoying the game, they should quit and make space for the rest of us who are enjoying it. Protector's Enclave is getting very crowded and the forums very whiny, so this is a good thing.

Plus, we need more room for lower-level players who will purchase my many, many pairs of pants.

There's already plenty of space in the game. Most people that were playing quit before the game was even released. If you enjoy a game that isn't able to release new content and can't afford to fix existing problems because it doesn't have the monetary support needed, you're in the right place. That's exactly where this one's heading.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things that will get me playing again:

1. Able to gain experience after lvl 60. Kind of like Paragon levels in Diablo 3, there need to be some continued progression after 60.
    2. Raise level cap for companions so we have a reason to continue leveling them.
    3. Gauntylgrim off event timer, it is available at all times.
    4. Fix the exploits in the dungeons, ban the botters selling 99 stacks of enchants.
    5. Gauntylgrim has a new tier of gear to strive for.
    6. Invest some time into PvP to balance it, add more game modes.
    7. More specialization paths, classes, gear, zen shop items

I am by no means a valiant defender of NW but I miss the Foundry on your list.

Give it a try - not for AD, just for fun. If you are guilded, do the group dungeons with some pals or even have some of you create a group mission for the others to play.

When I was playing EQ back then, I took MMOs a lot more serious than now and if my guild had something like the Foundry, then maybe we'd still be all subscribed.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    I hope they fix the things in your (read "OUR") list as well. Until then, I'll only log in to pray once an hour and gateway the highest rate/hour AD leadership tasks. The longer PWE waits to fix these things, the more free accounts I can make and the more AD I can collect at the fastest rate I can login/pray/logout and gateway login/change leadership task/logout. If they choose not to fix their game, I choose not to PLAY their game the way they expect me to.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I didn't race to end game since there's no reason to.

There's no point in doing CN legit when it's being exploited 24/7

Other than that, what's the point of even getting anything BiS? I could go to the acution house and get everything I need since the constant exploits causes gear to be dirt cheap.