test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard bugs, most broken class in game

bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Here is a list of current CW bugs:

Nightmare Wizardry: Applies the Combat Advantage debuff to your entire party and yourself, not just your target.

Snap Freeze: Doesn't work at all.

Tiefling racial is not compatible with and overwrites the feat Tempest Magic.

Archmage set bonus does not work.

Gladiator Mage set bonus only works with four encounter powers: Chill Strike, CoI, Entangling Force, Ray of Enfeeblement.

Fatebender set bonus does not work. The buff icon appears, but the damage is apparently not increased for any encounter powers.

All feats that give a bonus to AoE damage + Evocation class feature only work on two powers: Steal Time & Shield Pulse

None of the feats that boost damage to Storm Pillar work.

Elemental Empowerment only works for CoI. Verdict is still out if it even applies the Arcane buff at all.

Assailing Force does not work in PvP vs Trickster Rogues or GWFs. The change to CoI to make it a DoT is primarily responsible, as the supposed changes to remove DoT cleansing from TRs and GWFs actually did not do as advertised. When they use things like Impossible to Catch in the case of TRs, the DoT and the debuff are both cleansed.

Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm do not crit. Neither can Shards of the Endless Avalanche when slotted in the Tab.

Eye of the Storm does not apply to any power that has a persistent effect: SotEA, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm, etc

Sudden Storm does less damage than the tooltip indicates.

High Vizier's set bonus does not properly apply:

- High Vizier Set: Reports of Chill Strike not proccing set bonus in Tab slot.

- High Vizier Set: Proc not working correctly with Steal Time; only works on one target even if multiple targets are hit by the power.

- High Vizier Set: Reported not to proc with Icy Terrain now.

Shadow Weaver's set bonus sometimes decides randomly to turn itself off in combat. You have to remove and put back on a piece of the set to re-enable the bonus.

Ray of Enfeeblement: Cooldown not affected by Recovery when in the Tab slot. Also when tabbed, the cooldown is not affected by any feats that reduce the cooldown.

Icy Terrain: Not properly granting the right amount of Action Points.

Shield Pulse: Cooldown now unaffected by Arcane Mastery stacks. Furthermore, it sometimes removes what stacks you do have when you burst the shield.

Icy Rays: Not proccing Elemental Empowerment.

Singularity: Somehow lost the ability to benefit from Power. Damage is less than stated on the tooltip. Possible stealth nerf. The pull effect has also been reduced without mention.

Storm Pillar: Destructive Wizardry feat not proccing unless targets are close to the caster (Estimated ~10 ft).

Storm Pillar: Does not benefit from Combat Advantage on the initial target.

Steal Time (& possibly others): Cooldown can be initiated without the power actually applying if cast immediately after a teleport.

Orb of Imposition still indicates that control spells get +5% duration even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%). At three points invested, you still actually are only getting 5% duration.

Icy Terrain and Shards of the Endless Avalanche: Little to no AP gain, all reports indicate that you only gain AP from SotEA when it is initially summoned and SOMETIMES when it explodes. Icy Terrain gives no AP at all.

would be nice if these could be fixed some day, then maybe i start to play the game again, at moment it is pretty pointless playing, most of the content is bugged or broken and and my toon as all the above faults.

I used to play every day for quite a number of hours, pre 'live' ofc, But since 'live' launch everything is either broken or dont work at all. I dont play at all now, , dont seem any point, cant do much with a broken class,

realy sad the game in beta and open beta had so much potential to be huge, but it seems since 'live' launch the game as gone backwards instead of forwards, with the push to bring more content out, ie, Gauntlgrym, which dont work as intended either , lol

Hows about you fix what is in the game at presant before bringing out even more things that dont work !!

Thanks for the 'free' respec token, i guess it was the least you could do, BUT i still not used it yet, seems a waste of time, most of the feats are bugged and dont work, so how am i suposed to respec to somthing that actualy works , lol
Post edited by bowdidly on

Comments

• Options
    bropinebropine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My main is a CW as well. Bowdidly has hit the nail on the head. I haven't used my respec yet either. What's the point.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i have to admit the list of current CW faults was not my work it was posted on another thread, so i re posted here were it should have been in the first place.

its sad , the game is not even 1 week into 'live' and everything seems to be going wrong, prob the bigest fault is the total lack of updates and feed back from PW themselves, everybody is left guessing to what is happening or when things will get fixed, not realy a very good aproach by PW to keep good relations with there playerbase, which is shrinking on a daily basis

From what i have seen since 'live' launch nothing as realy changed, just more things that dont work, lol, apart from advertising zen shop reductions and price cuts on the online store. obviously more monetary income seems to be the priority at the moment, but seriously do they honestly think by reducing online shop prices that people with any ounce of sense will want to buy more of what are 'vanity' items with real money while ingame there characters dont even work as intended, loooool

i guess buy purchasing a faster mount i could ride around faster and discover more bugs hmmm, lol
  • Options
    flawedmonkeyflawedmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whether your info or not, ty for posting here. Crpytic: lets get classes working properly so we can pvp (since there is no endgame)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i actualy respeced today, got fed up of waiting for fix's, and now i'v used up my Free respec token.

Anyways after quite a few hours of reading through numerous guides and Spec info, i cleared my feats and powers and set too a new build, All done, but now after i have done it i have found a few of the new choices i have made in my feats dont work, at all
    eg: Learned Spellcaster does absolutly nothing, no matter how many points you put in it, and a few others i chose are the same, dont work at all.

So now i'm stuck and back to having a class with half its powers and feats not working , or not working as intended.

Looking back on my choices i could of put some points in other feats, but now after using my free respec token, the only way is to pay 150 AD to change things so they work, seriously this is out of order, i am exspected to pay out to fix a problem that is not even my fault in the first place. This is basicaly a con !! there is no way i am going to pay to fix things that dont work, Cryptic Fix your game ffs
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My main is CW as well. I must admit I've personally experienced a large number of these myself. These really make a large amount of CW feats and powers useless. It's extremely frustrating to spend hours deciding how to maximize your skills, spend a large chunk of AD to respec only to find out that the main skills you were trying to work into the build are broken. These need fixes ASAP, but in the mean time, I propose you remove the costs associated with re-speccing feats and powers until you guys have them all working properly! Seriously.
  • Options
    vintenarvintenar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was wondering if any of these problems have been fixed yet.
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vintenar wrote: »
    I was wondering if any of these problems have been fixed yet.

I'd be interested to know this too. Screw the "necro" formality, this is important stuff.