test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Encounters are missing in preview mode

pumpkinfrmpumpkinfrm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I've placed my encounters in a room, but some of them are missing. I can see them on the map in the foundry and they are INSIDE the room, but when I preview the quest, I can't find them. Another thing which is happening on some rooms is that I'm getting the 'yellow triangles' on some encounters, saying that the encounter is not placed correctly, but again, I'm putting these encounters INSIDE the respective rooms.
Post edited by pumpkinfrm on

Comments

• Options
    oggbroxoggbrox Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Indoor rooms? Outdoor?
    If you got an outdoor-map you should see that the height of the encounters are correct. Otherwise they are in the ground.
    Perhaps that helps!?
    Quests I like to share:

A CURIOUS DISAPPEARANCE by Sphecida: NW-DDLEOFL2Q
    A CRY UNANSWERED by obsidianw0lf: NW-DGNBAX3RD
    SIEGEBREAKER by ash4all: NW-DGDPWV2U5
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Make sure their altitude is aligned with the room itself, try even placing them 1 or two Y above the ground to make sure.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    irtoof75irtoof75 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make sure it is a valid location in the room. Some rooms have multiple levels and won't you place the encounter there. Also check the Y level on your mobs, they may be spawning above or below the map. They could also be spawning inside walls or details you've placed.
    "Crayons taste like purple"

Campaign: Night of Embers - NWS-DQX5GVNKO
    1: A Flame In The Darkness - NW-DE47BTDI9
  • Options
    oggbroxoggbrox Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Make sure their altitude is aligned with the room itself, try even placing them 1 or two Y above the ground to make sure.

Yes. They will drop on the ground then. :)
    Quests I like to share:

A CURIOUS DISAPPEARANCE by Sphecida: NW-DDLEOFL2Q
    A CRY UNANSWERED by obsidianw0lf: NW-DGNBAX3RD
    SIEGEBREAKER by ash4all: NW-DGDPWV2U5
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for telling me about altitude settings, but I'm unable to change the Y-axis values, there's no such trouble encountered while changing the X and Y-axis values and by the way oggbrox, the map is indoor, it's a Dungeon Room Upper Boss Room
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, if you are placing encounters, it automatically switches to layout mode. In layout mode you only see 1 node for the encounter. Switch back to detail mode so you can see the individual mobs. If you're close to a wall or something else, one or more of the mobs may spawn outside of the room or in something else.
  • Options
    gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, that's a placement problem. I've used that exact room before. The upper floor is Y:40 if I remember correctly, and the critters default to 0. Like Zovya said, you need to be in details mode to adjust the placement of the critters.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've had a look on that too, none of the individual encounters is placed outside the room, but because the people above raised the issue of altitude, that might be the thing, but because I'm unable to change Y-axis value, I can't be sure, is there any other way to change the altitude?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I deal with this exact room and this exact issue in my basic encounter video. It starts here: http://youtu.be/OXqnRWlkQKE?t=14m34s

New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Alright, that worked, thanx gemstrike for the Y-axis setting, but how exactly do I get to know the Y-axis? I've been using the values supplied on the lower left corner of the map, but they turned out to be X,Z or whatever, but not Y, how do I figure out the Y?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sometimes (not all the time) when you place a detail element, it will be set to the correct Y-value. So take a look at a detail to see if you can get it from there. Failing that, you can start a preview, enter 3D edit mode, and drag a detail element around until you get it placed correctly. Then go back to the editor and look at it's Y-value. You might have to change the view distance in 3D edit mode to see the white box for the detail object.

New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Type /locvec in the chat box and press return returns exact x,y,z coods.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, ya, if you want to do it the easy way...

(forgot about that command :P )

New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I feel like punching myself right now, gemstrike I saw your video, but forgot about one thing, encounters which are an objective don't appear until their respective objective is active, dammit! :p
    Now everything is fine though, sorry for such a long bother
    And thx for the /locvec command, if there's a list to all such commands, can someone, put the link below?