test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does a quest lose its Featured status?

mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I logged in this morning to find my quest un-Featured. Not exactly a huge deal, as it is still playable for those who look for it, and a search reveals a "previously featured" copy floating around. But I'd be lying if I said that my little red ribbon didn't bring me some measure of pride, and it would have been nice to be notified with some description of why it happened, so that I might have the opportunity to correct the issue and try again. As it stands, my reviews have been pretty consistently positive. Complaints about bugs have been few and far between, and almost universally tied to the lack of a star trail, or loot quality.

So to the question in my title - is there any documentation out there for reasons why Featured Content would lose its status? Or someone specific I should be contacting for more information? A couple attempts to search under different criteria yielding no results, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. And this does not seem to fall under the typical criteria for "Contact a DM."

If Featured status was intended to be a temporary thing, and Bonderleaf's fifteen minutes have come and gone, that's fine too. It is simply the lack of specific information that bugs me.
c447.png
Post edited by mrthebozer on

Comments

• Options
    gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what I understand Featured status is temporary. You get featured for one or two weeks, then you're no longer featured. I could be wrong though, I've honestly not paid that much attention to it.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The featured list changes on Tuesdays. Check the in game calendar. When your quest is featured, they make a copy of it that can never change, or be edited. Once it isn't featured any longer, that extra copy will float around on the list based on it's rating, but will always have red stars instead of yellow starts.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aha! Thanks guys. I'm just glad to hear it is not tied to a larger issue regarding the content. Back to work on the next one, in that case!
    c447.png
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Furthermore - once your quest is featured, you can delete your Foundry Editor copy - it's no longer required or wanted. The "Featured" version is now in Cryptic's hands - you cannot edit it or do anything with it and it is a COPY. So you may as well delete the one in your private library - don;t publish it or you just screw-up all the players wondering why there are now two versions, one featured and one not. :)
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Noticed this today and was wondering myself. Guess it's cool that they rotate them in and out, but a bit surprising they don't let the author know what's going on. On second thought, it's really not that surprising at all.

Still, congrats on getting featured. Your quest is an example of things going right in the foundry.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the context of this game world, think of Cryptic as our Lord.

The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away.

It kind of works like that, I think.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    In the context of this game world, think of Cryptic as our Lord.

The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away.

It kind of works like that, I think.

Very true. Basically, success will always be temporary in this game, whether your quest gets a couple of hundred plays, or a couple thousand, it will eventually fade into the void and never be spoke of again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I managed to find it before it was featured, so try not to be too sad - it won't get lost in there. Bonderleaf lives!
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A bit disappointing to hear that you weren't taken to Area 51, made a member of Club Cryptic in a blood and wine soaked ritual, taught the secret handshake, and shown the plans for a future expansion pack The Legend of Bonderleaf.

Or were you? (Dun Dun Dun)
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    angrysprite - thanks for pointing that out! I actually did not notice until now that there are two versions floating around. Knocking it down to one when I get the chance tonight.

To the rest, thank you for the kind words, but I'm not bummed in the slightest about this, I just misunderstood how it worked. A ton of people have left positive reviews about the 20-40 minutes of entertainment I provided. Cryptic's temporary stamp of approval was a very cool bonus, but means little next to that. Plus, I have a screenshot of the ribbon :)

OORT - the handshake was disappointingly easy to learn. The blood, though - I don't even know where you get that much blood.
    c447.png
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The old must make way for the new, and in time, that will be old, and so on and so forth.

Such is the wheel of life.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    ume17ume17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yours was the first try with Foundry, and it sold me on the game! I felt like Alice in the Looking Glass, it was a riot, and fun, and different from the vanilla looking quests. Yes, please work on more!!