test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Put Celestial Coins on a fixed day schedule, not rolling 24-hours

pyradiuspyradius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
Someone mentioned to me that rolling 24-hours is more casual friendly, but I don't see that so much. In my case, sometimes I get to log in the morning, some times in the evening. If I log in the morning one day, but then can't get around to it until the next evenining, I lose credit. Whereas with a fixed day schedule, this would not be an issue because I could do it the morning one day and the evening the next day.
Post edited by pyradius on

Comments

• Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, would definitely like to see this.
  • Options
    enocanenocan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's actually on a 30 hour system, where, after 24 hours after your last "daily" invoke, you have 30 hours from you last "any" invoke to redeem your coins. It seems to work just fine.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Allowing invocations to happen via the gateway would also provide an alternative way to accomplish this task. That way I could perform the invocation on my smart phone or web browser when stuck working late.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe the 30 hour timer is accurate. I usually log in invoke when i get home from work at around 5pm. The next day I was unable to get onto the game because a patch was downloading ridiculously slow for some reason. I didn't make it on until around midnight. When I logged in all my coins were gone. I believe there is likely a 4-6 hour window after 24 hours have elapsed from your last invoke to do it or all is lost. Its very restrictive and reliant on you consistently logging in, not just everyday, but during a certain window every day. There needs to be an expansion of this window because twice now I have lost 5 to 6 coins to issues not related to me, but to the server/launcher being down or not working properly. Of course it never happens when I only have 1 or 2 coins. Its Murphy's law that it is beyond 5.
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also why are ardent coins not hourly? 100 days for a 5 gold horse? 150 days for a crappy blue weapon? Back in closed beta it was hourly, and it makes no sense whatsoever for these coins to be daily based on the actual reward given.
  • Options
    fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Sadly this system is to reward only those that are able to play every single day, tbh I don't like that one bit. It may not be a big deal since the rewards are not so big, but still it doesn't feel right.

Ah well, this game has so many problems and is still in such an unfinished state that this is barely worth mentioning. Still bloody annoying to lose 6 days worth of praying if you just happen to be unable to login the 7th day.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's the same in almost every game that features a daily reward system, miss a day and have to start over. Now don't get me wrong, it would be better if you didn't lose the coins, but then, where would the risk be?
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]