test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day 7. Savage enchants dont work. Just bring server down and fix please!!

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I see no sched maint. If these things don't get fixed today. It shows lil hope for the games future. I know you think its minor but seriously. They had a huge event to roll out there live release and there item doesn't work. Not only has it not worked but now we are live and its sitting there in my inventory your inventory collecting dust and not working. I really would like to complete my build someday I really hope you get on the ball here. You know how many people are tremendously disappointed and want to quit because of this. If this tiny piece of coding can't be fixed then I don't think this game has a good future.

Its a shame to cause I really love this game. I enjoy playing all aspects of it on my main, my alts. I just can't believe something like this could happen. Everyone should get a compensation pack in the mail for how huge a blunder this is to make up for it. Maybe a free rank 7 to apologize for the grief and having to wait for something that should of worked.

Just my thoughts. I really hope they fix this today if not I think all hope could be lost and I love this game so I don't want it to go into a downward spiral.
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Ill agree this should be fixed quicker, just letting things sit around like this especially in the beginning when there is a lot to get patched makes you wonder about the competence of the team behind the game. is this going to carry on into updates for content? I will wait a little longer to see but I am wondering this same thing myself.
  • hinukahinuka Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are more severe problems than Savage enchantments that needs fixing first in my opinion.
    Like exploits bugs big plot holes, Skipping 90% of a dungeon to get best gear cliff crushing.
    THey need to do a mass ban on exploiters glitch abuser's BOTS and GOLD SELLERS (and MAC ID ban them)
    Class balances more needed than one!!! enchantment stone that's not working correctly
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Fixing the Savage Enchant is not even something hard to do, you are making a comparison between these items as if they are all the same level of hard. The Savage Enchant is like one or two lines of code and should be easy to locate. The krap you are complaining about is going to take a month to fix...or more.

The Savage Enchant would take like maybe half an hour of searching the code and fixing the couple of affected lines. If they intend to put off fixing the Savage Enchant until after the krap you mentioned I'll gladly quit now my God. At least if they fixed SOMETHING it would seem like they were working on it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They have already said fixing them is on the top of their list to fix. And since it seems to be working for some people, it probably isn't as easy has changing a line or two of code.
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to say if you don't know coding/programming don't throw out assumption's.
    A item that exist's of at least 10 ranks were by 4 items are need to make one rank higher are a hell of a lot strings and IF = stuff followed by function's etc etc.
    and scattered around all over and in the code and not just in one spot even though function's are a one time thing that you can call anytime any were you want but ok so this isn't as easy as you say it is.

But indeed mine maybe take longer to fix but are much more importend in my opinion cause that are game breaking exploits/bugs. and because They didn't wipe anything just a 7 hours roll back on exploits that were there for more than a month.
    a none working savage isn't that bad seeing it isn't as game breaking.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring down servers to fix a minor bug? Heh, not happening.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaelis33 wrote: »
    Fixing the Savage Enchant is not even something hard to do, you are making a comparison between these items as if they are all the same level of hard. The Savage Enchant is like one or two lines of code and should be easy to locate. The krap you are complaining about is going to take a month to fix...or more.

The Savage Enchant would take like maybe half an hour of searching the code and fixing the couple of affected lines. If they intend to put off fixing the Savage Enchant until after the krap you mentioned I'll gladly quit now my God. At least if they fixed SOMETHING it would seem like they were working on it.

First - You don't know the code. You don't know how its implemented. It could be hardcoded or generic. Depends on their architect.
    Second - You don't know whats causes the bug.
    Third - You don't sound like someone with programming skills nor knowledge in programming

Don't judge if you don't know the facts. Some bugs are just hard to find, but easy to fix.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are u saying we need another roll back?
    edited June 2013
    lpsx wrote: »

if that is to me I think we needed a wipe before going LIVE would be fair would be good.
    but lot's a players wont like a wipe *also here by are the players that exploited used the bugs to be rich in game* even though it would be the best to get rid of all duped/exploited things that are now over flooding and undercutting legit players by 1000's of In game currency that legit players will feel like doing the same or just leave the game were it is. cuz some people made million's of AD within 2 minutes What can be exchanged for real life money etc etc.

but this is off topic cause this isn't about the savage enchantment.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    First - You don't know the code. You don't know how its implemented. It could be hardcoded or generic. Depends on their architect.
    Second - You don't know whats causes the bug.
    Third - You don't sound like someone with programming skills nor knowledge in programming

Don't judge if you don't know the facts. Some bugs are just hard to find, but easy to fix.

Even if it takes 5 min to fix it, one would HOPE it took a full day, or even longer, to test and verify that all ranks of the enchant were now working and that the fix did not create a new exploit, bug, or other problem. And who knows how long it takes to compile how much code after a couple of lines are changed. Its never trivial to properly fix anything in code on a project of any size.
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i bought a set that was working, then they released the big 1.5gb patch and the set bonus has stopped working, i have done plenty to get attention, even spammed the forums and ended up talking **** about them in a post about ignoring it and they deleted the tread.

i have had 2 tickets, 1 about the servers and 1 about the set bonus not working, now the server issue i got an answer to in 2 days, even if it wasnt that important, i asked about if they will implement servers in europe, no matter, the question and bug reports about the set bonus and feats i have not got any answer to, they are simply ignoring it cause now they think more features will bring more cash and they will not go back and fix stuff cause they busy getting new **** into the game.

wizards and rogues have had feats not working since the open beta and they wont be fixing that.

but i just figured the whole setup of this game is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the builds are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, i tried maxing everything instead of just going for dps and the character ends up like a pile of kaka, 1% here and 0.75% there, right, most of all, how the fk r u suppsed to dodge all the **** in this game being sorrounded by 50 adds and u have 2 dodges, 3 on a wizard, and after a dodge u cant even cast a fkn spell before they are right on you again.

PVP is nothing but guilds with gemmed out payed out gear teaming up on their voicecom and queueing for a match and beating on single players who probably just hit 60 and got half the gs of every player on their oposing team with no mount speed or teamplay getting outclassed everwhere they go. i have actually played 1v5 in a match and they told me how much i suck and how no good i am, roll another class and learn to play. game for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the eccentric.

i would actually like to see some of these mmo players in a game like quake or counterstrike where it actually takes skill to beat an oponent and not just sit there with your fkn gamescore to carry you on how well the score ends up with. always thought mmo/rpg'ers where a little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, when i speak openly about how i feel they hit me with the same **** about that i should l2p, that i whine, crying, whatever, bunch of geeks and nerds.
  • toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Day 13, Guardian fighter's old and new sets dont work with each other
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Bring down servers to fix a minor bug? Heh, not happening.

Major screw up. If they can't bring down the server and apologize for there Massive screw up then shame on them. This like I had a big Event invited you all to my house. Gave you this new Iphone 10. You take it home it don't work. 7 days latter it looks real pretty you are very sad that there was even a event you wasted your time going to in the first place. It not that a lil enchant don't work. Its that they made a HUGE DEAL out of it.. Had a EVENT. Introduced a new item. OHHHHH and it never worked. This is beyond bad.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously. You might as well pack up now. Seeing as "your terms" are so inflexible. This weeks build is already on the preview server. The savage enhancement fix is not in this build. The devs have listed it as a pending issue. With luck, it will be in next weeks build. But until you actually see it roll out on preview. Dont hold your breath. This is just the way most fixes work. It takes time and testing. Its rapid emergency type bandaid fixes that should scare ya. We dont need to be demanding more of that
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Seriously. You might as well pack up now. Seeing as "your terms" are so inflexible. This weeks build is already on the preview server. The savage enhancement fix is not in this build. The devs have listed it as a pending issue. With luck, it will be in next weeks build. But until you actually see it roll out on preview. Dont hold your breath. This is just the way most fixes work. It takes time and testing. Its rapid emergency type bandaid fixes that should scare ya. We dont need to be demanding more of that

The problem is. THIS SHOULD OF NEVER BEEN BROKE TO BEGIN WITH. With that being said. Since its new. It should of always worked. Then it should of been emergency patched when it was discovered for them being imcompetent. I don't see how I am inflexible. Just saying I love this game like a lot of players this is just amazing never seen something so poorly done. How about you buy a new car have it delivered to your door step with a big bow on it and it doesn't work. Then get told we are aware that your new car doesn't work and will be working on it. This is the exact same thing. It should of always worked. Its the NEW enchant from THE BIG EVENT... to roll out THERE LIVE PATCH.

Its the point of the matter I am making. If they can't fix this Enchant within 24hrs they shouldn't fix anything and just stop trying. If it wasn't from the Event to roll out there we are ready for going live now. Then I wouldn't care it would just be a enchant. Since that's not the case this enchant working has everything to do with how the future of the game will go. Screw this up and everything else will be expected to be bad. This should be there first prioritiy to uphold the integrity of cryptic.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The event wasnt tested. It bypassed the preview server. So what you want is repeat of the same. An untested fix for untested content. And you cant see a problem with that?
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lpsx wrote: »

yes 60 days roll back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The event wasnt tested. It bypassed the preview server. So what you want is repeat of the same. An untested fix for untested content. And you cant see a problem with that?

Maybe someone on their Dev team equips an enchant in every slot and does a little math.

Make the embarrassed map designer who forgot the walls in half of dungeons do it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It may not be a difficult thing to correct - but it is the message that it sends out..

GG was their flagship event publicised as part of their launch schedule. The fact that something so simple to test (enchants) somehow managed to break in their publicised event just shows how poor the company tested this. The fact that GG itself had to be brought offline and has been down for days points to even more serious issues.

This is similar to those videos where Bill Gates does a Windows presentation and it blue-screens on him; it's more of an embarassment than anything, although the longer they leave it, the less likely people will be to forgive and forget.

Personally, I don't think developers are to blame. In my experience (not MMORPG-related), there is often pressure from higher-up in the company to make sure something goes out on the correct date. Often the penalty for something NOT going out is worse than getting something out that doesn't work - it's sad, but often true.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ALways thought the point to "beta" was to have the community relay all the bugs/issues/bad things BEFORE going live. That all the little things would be fixed or solved...seems this cash cow was just to big to bring down. IMO they should have wiped the servers clean, and made everyone start new. Maybe give any founders a level break....as is, seems alot is still broken and far from being fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
    edited June 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    It may not be a difficult thing to correct - but it is the message that it sends out..

GG was their flagship event publicised as part of their launch schedule. The fact that something so simple to test (enchants) somehow managed to break in their publicised event just shows how poor the company tested this. The fact that GG itself had to be brought offline and has been down for days points to even more serious issues.

This is similar to those videos where Bill Gates does a Windows presentation and it blue-screens on him; it's more of an embarassment than anything, although the longer they leave it, the less likely people will be to forgive and forget.

Personally, I don't think developers are to blame. In my experience (not MMORPG-related), there is often pressure from higher-up in the company to make sure something goes out on the correct date. Often the penalty for something NOT going out is worse than getting something out that doesn't work - it's sad, but often true.

Perfectly stated. I will not forget this.