test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Farmers/Botters (w/e they are) selling x99 stacks DESTROYING economy

noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I multiboxed for 6 hours today and the largest stack I accrued was x64. This is with 2 characters, mind you. Whatever these guys tanking the economy are doing is so far removed from any circumstance where it could be considered legitimate gameplay, that I really can't understand why they are letting it happen.
Post edited by noyouwont on

Comments

• Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I looked and those stacks go up about once a week and its always the same 3 names. I could think of a few ways to do it but I don't think any of them a realistic to be honest.
  • Options
    druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    It's probably the people who sell AD for cash that are botting and it's also ruining PvP from what I read here earlier.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What are they selling?
  • Options
    druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    What are they selling?
    Astral diamonds for cash. A million for about $20 from the spam messages I was getting at the courier before.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • Options
    panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    its sad it would take cryptic a few mins to go on ah c the stacks know they couldn't have gotten them legitametly but they prefer to turn a blind eye
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are hands off when it comes to this thing, don't expect to see anything happen.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The amount that they are selling is completely ridiculous though. One guy has 3 stacks of Residuumx999 up for sale.

To make it worse, they are undercutting the bottom line of all of the other auctions instead of just letting it bid and sell for whatever, furthermore lowering the entire cost of the market as a whole because they are so anxious to get rid of their ill-gotten loot as fast as possible.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Since every MMO has botters (at least the ones I've been on) what are some suggestions for Cryptic to quash botters? (Cryptic would probably get to them faster if they knew someway to take them out without annoying players).
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    /sarcasm ON

Can't beat 'em? Join 'em?

/sarcasm OFF
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Active in game DM/GMs are a good start.

How Cryptic would go about selecting trustworthy candidates and training them and/or paying them,if not volunteers I don't know.

What I do know is that active DM/GMs tasked with administering to exploiters,bots/multibox and RMT are the best frontline fighters and a major deterent.

Also,having player characters executed (suspended) in full view of legit players endears a good portion of the player base to the developer.Like in Guild Wars 1.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    datemper,
    I agree that in game monitors (DM/GMs) would go a long way to curbing the issue for the more obvious bots; however, the problem with that is, either Cryptic has to pay employees to monitor the game 24/7 or find reliable volunteers over the internet that are willing to do the same and are sincere (good luck on determining the last but, they seem to find decent community monitors). You would think that some dev, somewhere, has figured out how to at least flag the nonsense bot names (hijk, qwerty, etc.). Some of the others would be a little trickier (like IAMABOT, yes, I've seen that one {not on PWE}. Offered me $20 in credits if I gave him(her) my login and password. Even with a normal name that would have sent alarms ringing.)

So, the easy way would be to check the names against a dictionary but since this is an international game, you would have to included possibilities from all the locales the game covers. Also, my handle "clannamuir" is three words run together and they are from a lesser known/used language. The language is in the locales covered by this game but I doubt it would be considered for inclusion into a dictionary.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    Active in game DM/GMs are a good start.

How Cryptic would go about selecting trustworthy candidates and training them and/or paying them,if not volunteers I don't know.

What I do know is that active DM/GMs tasked with administering to exploiters,bots/multibox and RMT are the best frontline fighters and a major deterent.

Also,having player characters executed (suspended) in full view of legit players endears a good portion of the player base to the developer.Like in Guild Wars 1.

Why do they need GMs/DMs when we have so many people playing this game? All of us can see that there is something fishy going on the AH, they should allow us to report them or flag them at least. If certain accounts are being flagged like crazy, like the one even obviously named for them trying to sell in game currency (WTS Gold, really bros?), and someone gets like 200 reports about them, maybe that could warrant 2 minutes of someone's time to look at the AH, and say "Hey look, a cheater." and then forever erase the account (this 7 day ban <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is BS). ERASURE.

Just the cost that these people are making on data storage and bandwidth to the company (not to mention undercutting their Zen market) should probably be enough to warrant action. It's their money and they are watching it vanish.

These people are fundamentally ripping off everything about the game, from fair play to the actual business of the game. It delegitimizes the entire concept of the game and makes everyone's hard work essentially turned into absolute trash.

In other words, it almost feels like I'm wasting my **** time because I'm not cheating.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    ok so what your saying is, hypothetically, if I went through during double enchants event which was the phase one of the valindra invasion even, the entire event and only really slept once, and have stack of 99 in some of my enchants, that I am destroying the economy? Then if I did the same during the Valindra invasion for the savage enchants, you realize some of us at level 60 that is basically all we do? Go out and do skill nodes and different areas, for the drops? You can call it farming, grinding or whatever but many of my guild mates do the same thing, we have all been doing it since we hit 60, as some of us don't pvp we just pve, so we go through each of the zones over and over again. We call it playing the game.
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    noyouwont wrote: »
    The amount that they are selling is completely ridiculous though. One guy has 3 stacks of Residuumx999 up for sale.

Leadership doesn't use Residuum. Every other profession is a pointless waste of time.

"Look everyone I got a shirt and a pair of pants after leveling this tedious fectal matter to 20!!." - me 2 weeks ago
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've reported this to them for about 2 weeks now. Nothing will be done about it. Cryptic is too lazy to fix the nodes being so close to zones so that bots can have a field day with farming them 24/7. They also don't care enough to ban all of these obvious bots and selling accounts they've made to launder the AD. PWE is too cheap to hire actual GMs to read and respond to the reports people have been sending them. I stopped caring about the bots and their botted Enchants a while ago. There's no point in caring about it when the company that makes the game doesn't give 2 sh*ts about the game itself.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I know how it feels. I used to go the PVP vendor with glory points, sell an item on the AH. It would be likely be gone in the same day. Now its been almost five days, its at bare price and its more expensive of the PVP items, still isn't selling. When they flood the market with more items for cheaper, people simply buy that. It ruins the rest of our income though.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    panthro8 wrote: »
    its sad it would take cryptic a few mins to go on ah c the stacks know they couldn't have gotten them legitametly but they prefer to turn a blind eye

I don't know about that. Just cause someone has something that seems unrealistic to us. Doesn't mean they didn't get it threw legit methods.

I mean I did farm 85 rank 4 savage enchants during the event. not to mention the other rank 6's I made before that. To bad they don't work but I did farm them.

So could come from multiple people maybe from a guild bank. I don't think its not legit though until someone proves it to me.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I know how it feels. I used to go the PVP vendor with glory points, sell an item on the AH. It would be likely be gone in the same day. Now its been almost five days, its at bare price and its more expensive of the PVP items, still isn't selling. When they flood the market with more items for cheaper, people simply buy that. It ruins the rest of our income though.

Has you also thought about the possibility that....there's simply less demand?
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know about that. Just cause someone has something that seems unrealistic to us. Doesn't mean they didn't get it threw legit methods.

I mean I did farm 85 rank 4 savage enchants during the event. not to mention the other rank 6's I made before that. To bad they don't work but I did farm them.

So could come from multiple people maybe from a guild bank. I don't think its not legit though until someone proves it to me.

I had over 300 enchantments during the event and opened at least as many Bag of Bones. Of course, I have insomnia and was up over 24 hours. That might put it in some perspective compared to the bots.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    I had over 300 enchantments during the event and opened at least as many Bag of Bones. Of course, I have insomnia and was up over 24 hours. That might put it in some perspective compared to the bots.

I farmed 8 Rank 7's during the event, as well as 9 Blue dogs.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    datemper wrote: »

THAT...would be awesome.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, let all hear these words. On this day, Lord Neverember declares that botter/exploiter X, Y and Z will be executed in front of the fountain in the Main Square.

I would pay to see that.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    THAT...would be awesome.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, let all hear these words. On this day, Lord Neverember declares that botter/exploiter X, Y and Z will be executed in front of the fountain in the Main Square.

I would pay to see that.

That would be sweet.

BUt so what its F2P all they have to do is make another account and start over. They will never deal with the bots in game whats the point. Its not like they loose thier subscription. Ip address can be faked also so banning the ip wont help. Well ip ban would help alittle for people that suck at computers.
  • Options
    xen0phreakxen0phreak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am sick and tired of the hundreds of bots that are ruining gameplay for me....you can't pvp without half your team or half the enemies' team consisting of bots. Now you can't even remove them from your **** group to not make it worthwhile...it's like perfect world cares more about catering to botting players than the genuine kind. You don't even have to confirm your email address when making an account and any random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> goes as long as it has an @ and a . in it somewhere. Crafting is not competitive with people botting it 24/7 on 50 accounts and it even affects the zen market...you know, the stuff people pay real life, hard earned dollars for? The only thing that isn't entirely bottable was dungeon drops and THOSE cryptic wanted to make bop. I don't understand the lack of common sense and blatant disregard for their player community here. Do something about the bots or I will not be supporting this game any longer.
  • Options
    xen0phreakxen0phreak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That would be sweet.

BUt so what its F2P all they have to do is make another account and start over. They will never deal with the bots in game whats the point. Its not like they loose thier subscription. Ip address can be faked also so banning the ip wont help. Well ip ban would help alittle for people that suck at computers.

You can put in place anti cheat/bot precautions that make it very difficult to use a 3rd party program to interface with it. You can also put in place a detection system that would be able to detect use of most 3rd party programs and either discontinue the client or notify an administrator to investigate. There are a TON of things that could be done to make it insanely difficult (never impossible) to bot.