test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

question about current classes and new classes

daspiandrathirdaspiandrathir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
i've been wondering since there seperating classes into builds for example...trickster rogue...and then their saying they'll be releasing the brute rogue...will we then be able to change our class into that as a respec of some sort? i mean i'd hate to be forced to level one class all the way up then simply reroll to the new class i want just because they don't release it until later?... i mean their also relatively the same class...just two different builds.

also seperate question from classes..... i read somewhere that the drow race will not be available for play until 60 days after launch.......does this then also affect the Menzoberranzan Renegade for HotN founders...that we can't play the renegade until 60 days after launch either?....cause **** that means im screwed on the race i wanted to play...gonna wind up levelling a race/class i don't even like =S.... was hoping on rolling drow warlock ( once it comes out) and until then i was defaulting to a drow rogue...but if drow aren't coming out yet... i really don't like any of the other classes...probably stuck with Dwarf Cleric seeing as dwarves are the only race i like besides the others.

cause i can imagine how many classes their gonna be implementing ( and build variants of same classes) so it would be kinda redundant to have 4 different off-shoots of like the wizard, or the rogue... or etc...and have them be 4 seperate classes....also...what's gonna happen to the assassin...gonna be so similar to rogue lol
Post edited by daspiandrathir on

Comments

• Options
    colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im going to assume it's an entirely different class. if you bought HotN you can make a Menzo-Renegade Drow on April 25th
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i've been wondering since there seperating classes into builds for example...trickster rogue...and then their saying they'll be releasing the brute rogue...will we then be able to change our class into that as a respec of some sort? i mean i'd hate to be forced to level one class all the way up then simply reroll to the new class i want just because they don't release it until later?... i mean their also relatively the same class...just two different builds.

As Cryptic releases new classes, you will not get any choice/ability to switch into said class. You'll have to level them up from scratch to do so (no doubt after paying for a character slot, too).

The only thing you might get a respec for free is if they change the 'choose your epic class feature' or whatever it's called (starting at level 30) as each class only seems to have one option so far.
    also seperate question from classes..... i read somewhere that the drow race will not be available for play until 60 days after launch.......does this then also affect the Menzoberranzan Renegade for HotN founders...that we can't play the renegade until 60 days after launch either?....cause **** that means im screwed on the race i wanted to play...gonna wind up levelling a race/class i don't even like =S.... was hoping on rolling drow warlock ( once it comes out) and until then i was defaulting to a drow rogue...but if drow aren't coming out yet... i really don't like any of the other classes...probably stuck with Dwarf Cleric seeing as dwarves are the only race i like besides the others.

The ONLY way to play as a Drow at launch is to get the $200 Founder pack. The Drow will be available for everyone to play (but a 'different' version of them with different racial traits and such) somewhere around 60 days after launch.
    cause i can imagine how many classes their gonna be implementing ( and build variants of same classes) so it would be kinda redundant to have 4 different off-shoots of like the wizard, or the rogue... or etc...and have them be 4 seperate classes....also...what's gonna happen to the assassin...gonna be so similar to rogue lol

Various posts have said that the Scourge Warlock and Two-Weapon Ranger (I think, might be Archery Ranger) are in the code, so no doubt they'll be the next classes that come out. Just as an FYI.
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    A new class is just that, a new class. It just has the word 'rogue' in the name. The brute rogue, I'm sure, will have all completely new abilities. A similarity will probably be that it utilizes Dexterity and Charisma.
    Various posts have said that the Scourge Warlock and Two-Weapon Ranger (I think, might be Archery Ranger) are in the code, so no doubt they'll be the next classes that come out. Just as an FYI.

Yeah, in one interview a dev said one class specifically was pretty much ready for launch but they didn't want to rush it in before fully polishing it. Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock should be fairly soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, in one interview a dev said one class specifically was pretty much ready for launch but they didn't want to rush it in before fully polishing it. Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock should be fairly soon.

There was an interview a month or two ago with a developer, and he said it was the two-blade ranger, not archer ranger. The only reason people assume it is the archer is because of some datamined files from months ago. The only "official" word on ranger is a two-blade ranger. I imagine they'll release two-blade ranger in the same patch that drow go live for everyone, since the Drizzt fan-base is probably a huge chunk of the D&D playerbase.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    ... i mean their also relatively the same class...just two different builds.

The Brawny Rogue will be as different from a Trickster Rogue as the Guardian Fighter is to the Great Weapon Fighter.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    aranel4aranel4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If there's going to be any new classes besides the ones we've heard about, I want one of them to be Swordmage.
    - Aranel
  • Options
    wreckage01wreckage01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sword mage would be awsome
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Brawny Rogue will be as different from a Trickster Rogue as the Guardian Fighter is to the Great Weapon Fighter.

But will he wear a plaid shirt and run with a rock in the woods? :O
  • Options
    silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would liked to have seen basic classes then advance classes that can be worked into the game, like you would start as a basic spell caster then through a quest or item you choose an advanced class. For example a spell caster either becoming a Control Wizard, or a Warlock, or a priest type either becoming a cleric or Paladin, or a Nature type becoming either a Ranger or Druid, etc. Though I'm certain that would not happen it would be nice to see.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only thing I heard really said was the next class would be a true "Ranged Class". That's all that has been said.

other than that, its speculation, some have stated by data mined files assumingly, that Scourge Warlock is on the list, and ranger. Some have assumed since they said a ranged class and rangers are in the files and there is not one class that "nature" related (As in nature kits for skill nodes.) have made the leap to Archer Rangers being next. It might be "both" who knows.
  • Options
    lecreusetlecreuset Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it'd be awesome if and when the new paragon paths will be available, you'd be able to choose either two weapons ranger or archer ranger.. but then again we already have a TR
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only thing I heard really said was the next class would be a true "Ranged Class". That's all that has been said.

other than that, its speculation, some have stated by data mined files assumingly, that Scourge Warlock is on the list, and ranger. Some have assumed since they said a ranged class and rangers are in the files and there is not one class that "nature" related (As in nature kits for skill nodes.) have made the leap to Archer Rangers being next. It might be "both" who knows.

elves are known for their bows, there aren't any bows in this game at all