test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Helm's Hold spawn rate too high

ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In the tight quarters beyond the main gate, the fighting is absolutely insane. The mobs take a long time to fight and it's very easy to have 2 or 3 on you at the same time. Then when you'Re just about finished, another mob spawns on top of you!

It's not a very big issue but one I'd like to see addressed nonetheless.
Post edited by ghostmatter on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Helms hold is the first place you really get tested by normal mobs. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Helms hold is the first place you really get tested by normal mobs. I enjoyed it.

I spend about an hour there whenever I run a new character through.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    These changes are already on the preview server.
    terramak wrote: »

Helm's Hold
    • Hellfire Archmagi now spawn less frequently near the Old Dirty Dwarf Tavern.
    • Several spawns have been cleared out from frequently traveled pathways.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great to hear this as some parts can be frustrating on classes that have lower DPS and have trouble killing one set of mobs before another walks by or re-spawns.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    It's enjoyable for some time as I love the combat but I still believe it's too much. Walking around becomes a chore.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    These changes are already on the preview server.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just be sure to check the preview server patch notes every now and again, there constantly making changes many people overlook :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ugh. I just to Ebons Down and it's pretty much the same thing. I LOVE the challenge but not when gets this crazy. Wights can summon infinite rotters and having more wight spawn right in front of you is crazy. In a house for the Lights the Bonfires quest, I fought a group, looked at my items, went to the other room and the group came back.

I think the spawns rate in general need to be reduced or not to have enemies spawn in certain locations when there is a player there. Else it makes soloing too difficult.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah... the memories. Went through there (I'm a Cleric). No Astral shield. Only equipped with Astral Seal, the other At Will (not Lance of Faith), Chains of Light, Healing Word, and that AoE attack power with the word "Dawn" in it... and a LOT of potions. Nice amount of loot as well if you survive the onslaught long enough.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    thefizzathefizza Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go solo and its "welcome to the meat grinder". Go with a group and it becomes very enjoyable.