test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership crafting XP

grizzlyvgrizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I've been wondering recently: Why do leadership tasks give so little XP?

I just hit leadership 18 today, and noticed that I need to go from ~77k to ~115k xp to get to 19.
I have 7 slots unlocked, so the most I can get in a batch of ~7 hours as far as XP towards leadership is:

240 * 3 + 160 * 3 + 120 = 1320

(War games + tactical training + any 120 task)

That's..... quite a bit of time. Between having a life and having a job, I'm not always 100% on top of scheduling these tasks perfectly, back-to-back, so the fact that with my blue crafters (adventurers), of which I have 4, and some greenes, I still spend, usually, more than 7 hours for that 1320 XP, and I need quite a few of those cycles just to go to 19, and I know the route to 20 will be that much more.

Now, I understand that there needs to be less XP for leadership because there's very few materials required, and it yields diamonds (very small, near-insignificant amounts really, but you guys are stingy with diamonds, so ok, let's say this part makes sense).
Less XP, ok, but the highest you can get is 30xp per hour, whereas I could craft some purples for my tailoring for 1600xp, and I can spam those pants, as we all do, for 500/20 min.

Just wanted to point out that the time investment for leadership feels a bit off. I understand it taking a while, I understand it taking longer than other other professions, but it's a bit overwhelming, getting through those higher levels just to scrap together 200 more diamonds per blue task, once in a blue moon.

Wondering if you guys plan on adjusting these tasks any time soon, or making leadership a bit more rewarding per time spent (as far as diamonds go, crafting blue and purple stuff in other professions and selling them is a lot more rewarding)
Post edited by grizzlyv on

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that I got leadership to 15 lvl. stoped went to working on platesmith and now that is 18lvl almost 19. When I hit 20 there circle back around for leadership. I will also have another slot open from the 20lvl profession and 7 slots to work on leadership to blast it to 20. I run double hero's to get the 100% achieve. So with 7 slots working latter after platesmith I am hoping its faster.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Leadership tasks require far less resources then the others hence it has to be a little more difficult to level
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    use gateway.playneverwinter.com .... it works on your smartphone... only drawback is that you will not get your AD half the time, but the EXP drops down.

I've noticed this too, and considering AD can be traded for Zen and vice versa, this should be fixed asap because oh wait lol PW doesn't care.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I've noticed this too, and considering AD can be traded for Zen and vice versa, this should be fixed asap because oh wait lol PW doesn't care.

The team has looked into it numerous times and has never found an error in the awarded Astral Diamonds.

They're still looking into it but they've yet to replicate the error.
  • Options
    boboldbobold Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I think this is actually player confusion in some if not all cases - when you log into the game, if you have any unrefined AD (ie from leadership tasks done through the gateway) they will automatically refine and will not necessarily reduce the amount of refining left in your daily limit. This results in players thinking that they did not get their AD when not only did they get the diamonds, but they are able to refine more diamonds than they normally would on that day...
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The team has looked into it numerous times and has never found an error in the awarded Astral Diamonds.

They're still looking into it but they've yet to replicate the error.

The weird part is that I can't replicate either. It is not consistent :( I usually do the SAME mission. Protect Caravan (every 2 hours) rescue refugee and finding them home. I play a lot thanks to the gateway, but I don't get as much AD as I am suppose to.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.