test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[GF] cooldown reduction/recovery/recharge speed increase

questionorquestionor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Been trying to find the formula for the cooldown reductions cause I'm wondering if we have a different softcap than other classes when you already have the fight on feat at rank 5 (10% encounter cooldown reduction).
My google searches and forum searches came up with nothing. I finally came up with a formula that seems to work for the limited data I had the patience to check on my character with various states of undress.
But the formula seems crazy!
This is what I have:

current_cooldown = (original_cooldown) / ( ( 1 / (1 - feat_encounter_reduction) ) + recharge_speed_increase )

so for example I have the feat at 5/5 for 10% (or .1) and the highest I can get my recharge speed increase to right now is 20.3% (or .203)
current_cooldown = (original_cooldown) / ( ( 1 / (1 - .1) ) + .203)
current_cooldown = (original_cooldown) / ( ( 1 / .9 ) + .203
current_cooldown = (original_cooldown) / ( 1.11111 + .203)
current_cooldown = (original_cooldown) / 1.314111
My enforced threat cooldown is 11.4
and 15 / 1.30711 is about 11.4

Does anyone know if this formula is correct?
Does anyone have data that proves this formula wrong by more than .1s? (I'm sure the recharge speed bonus and cooldown times displayed are either rounded off or truncated to 1 decimal place so it will likely be off a bit sometimes)

That said does anyone know at what point more recovery becomes useless if you have the fight on feat?
Post edited by questionor on

Comments

• granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's kind of difficult to figure out but I am stacking ALOT of recovery right now and I can say that with Fight on 5 and 23.2 % (3256) recovery speed it's pretty darn fast cooldowns.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2013
    i think the feat is not 10%
    everytime i upgrade it my cooldown is reduced by .2 sec so at max lvl it reduces 1sec to skills cooldown

but im still not 100% sure so you can check it
  • questionorquestionor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    i think the feat is not 10%
    everytime i upgrade it my cooldown is reduced by .2 sec so at max lvl it reduces 1sec to skills cooldown

but im still not 100% sure so you can check it

which power are you talking about? If the power you are talking about has a 10sec cooldown normally then with the feat it would be 9 secs, exactly the .2 per rank that you mentioned. If you want to just see the affect of the feat, you have to take off all your gear with recovery.

IIRC last time i checked, if I strip naked, the cooldown on enforced threat is 13.5 which is 1.5 (10%) less than the original 15%

Remember when you check numbers you don't want the campfire buff.
  • freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    questionor wrote: »
    Been trying to find the formula for the cooldown reductions

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301761-Calculating-stats-and-their-effects

So far this has worked for me:
    Encounter Ability Cooldown Time = InitialCooldownTime/(1+StatBonus+FeatBonus+0.36*Recovery^1.5/(102310+Recovery^1.5))

Don't assume your initial cooldown is a nice neat whole number, it may be 14.964 for example and still show as 15 on your character screen. I was able to prove, on my wizard at least, that my initial cooldowns are definitely not whole numbers.
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301761-Calculating-stats-and-their-effects

So far this has worked for me:
    Encounter Ability Cooldown Time = InitialCooldownTime/(1+StatBonus+FeatBonus+0.36*Recovery^1.5/(102310+Recovery^1.5))

Don't assume your initial cooldown is a nice neat whole number, it may be 14.964 for example and still show as 15 on your character screen. I was able to prove, on my wizard at least, that my initial cooldowns are definitely not whole numbers.

Are you a major in math? Pretty good info coming from you.