test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear PUGs: The justified rambling of a grumpy cleric

uberwolfeuberwolfe Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Dear PUGs,

Hmm something might be wrong here, I've put down half a million in healing and we've killed one mob? Oh well.. I've queued for this for over an hour.. might as well see it through.

Oh please - don't worry about making the slightest attempt to avoid enemy AOE - I'll just cancel my group heals for a minute so I can focus all of my heals directly on you, it's quite okay.

Also, don't concern yourself about trying to stay in that nice little blue ring of Astral Shield I put on the ground for your benefit, just ignore it completely - you'll be fine. After all it's obvious that I only put it there because i like the pretty colors. Feel free to ignore my polite advice about it's benefits too - clearly I just made them up.

Certainly while I'm busy looting that chest just go right ahead and start the next fight. I'll just drop what I'm doing so I can pull you out of the angry hornets nest you happily charged into on your lonesome. While you're there, it would be much appreciated if you could drag in as many other mobs as you can too! Thanks!

And pass on my regards to that incredible tank who could hold the aggro of precisely one enemy. It's okay mate - I'll tank the boss and control the adds for you.. oh you want to be healed too? well, it would help if you held still for a moment - running around like a striped *** ape is making things rather difficult.

Oh please guys! let me hear your awesome boss-defeating strategies! I really like the idea of not killing any of the adds! It really sounds like you're onto a winner there buddy! Just leave them there and somehow you won't die... somehow your health bar will be magically topped up while somebody that is definitely not the tank is controlling them for you. Amazing.

And then once it's all over, and you got that nice piece of kit that I couldn't even use. Feel free to just exit the group without a word. Your 300k DPS was much appreciated - thanks!

Kind regards,
Your local cleric

Comments

• Options
    xworndownxxworndownx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately bad players will be bad players. They have no concern over how their actions affect the healer. But, then they die and blame you when it was their fault for not getting out of an AoE ability which got them killed.

You can do all you want to help others but if they don't want to be helped or even listen to a voice of reason then if you have the chance kick them and invite someone who will.
  • Options
    fatfuzzyfatfuzzy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed.

Ya might wanna take a break for a while grumpy, check out 'last of us' really fun game.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Alot of Pugs are terrible, going into dungeons above their skill level (I'm not talking about gear score) All I can say is dont pug, there's alot of very very good guilds out there find one thats right for you.

Mmo's are about team play, find a good team :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    shiphtur1gshiphtur1g Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this genuinely made me laugh, kudos and agree and im not even a cleric rofl, just what ive noticed bad players who blame clerics do.