test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black and White ?

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Can I build a map with the black and white effect? Is it like sepia-tone? Old movie or dream-sequence? Anybody?
Post edited by guitarzan698 on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would approve of Cryptic adding this, currently I think not. :(
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the depthfade effect?
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can make any map fully black and white. I am pretty sure it is an outdoor skybox effect and there is an interior black and white effect that covers a wide radius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    you can make any map fully black and white. I am pretty sure it is an outdoor skybox effect and there is an interior black and white effect that covers a wide radius.

That is correct. I use it in A Strange Merchant when the player enters the Ethereal Plane. Works great.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is correct. I use it in A Strange Merchant when the player enters the Ethereal Plane. Works great.

That is exactly what I'm trying to do .. well the story is different .. but effect is the same. I've spent several hours trying to get it to work but I have had no success. The closest I've came is by playing with the lighting source by switching it to spellplague. It's not even close to what I want but I can't figure it out. Any help?
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the map tab, there's an "Edit Backdrop" button. Click that, then select "Black and White" for one of the sky override slots. Note that unless you set the "backdrop" slot to "master exterior blank", sky overrides can be a bit hit and miss as to whether they'll actually apply.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    On the map tab, there's an "Edit Backdrop" button. Click that, then select "Black and White" for one of the sky override slots. Note that unless you set the "backdrop" slot to "master exterior blank", sky overrides can be a bit hit and miss as to whether they'll actually apply.

Thanks.. let me be a bit more specific. I'm trying to apply a black and white skyfade filter to an interior map. I'm using the large noble house interior.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    go to details and type out "black" a black and white "Interior" effect should come up. This will work in all in door maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is awesome lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Shadowfell fx is also pretty awesome.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?