test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Locating Your Foundry Quests

slatraslatra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Foundry
I created a couple of Foundry quests. The status moved from "publishing" to "published". Two days ago, I published one quest. I cannot locate the quest that I published, in game.

I've searched for it:
@slatra
slatra
<quest name>
with (#)- codes that I added in the description box.
NT-DT6IOMSEZ (This code is a little confusing b/c "IO" after "6" looks like it could be either a number or letter so i searched all combos, lower case would be more obvious)

I hear that if you subscribe to yourself you can find the quests immediately after publishing them. Not sure that is true but I've been unable to figure out how to subscribe to myself.

If anybody has any suggestions or info that can help me be able to play my own foundry quests, that would be great.
Thanks, in advance.
Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

Hell Gate NW-DT6I0MSEZ Great for a small group of 2-3 friends

Hell Gate: Return NW-DERICH2GY Quick and Simple Hack & Slash
Post edited by slatra on

Comments

• Options
    zerowaitzerowait Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, can tell how you subs yourself? Ive been waiting for mine about 2 weeks now lol.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?232962-Foundry-Publishing-Question
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I checked my in-game mail and I didn't get any mail about my Foundry Quest. The only mail i received about foundry was the one sent at lvl-15.

I believe after you are able to find one of your own quests, you are able to subscribe to yourself at that point. The problem is that I can't find my quest to subscribe to my quests.

It's a little daunting, dealing with these issues.
    There was a bug with The Foundry not allowing them to publish less than a week ago. I tried to publish this quest maybe a dozen times before it finally published and have published it twice since then b/c i can't find it no matter how i search for it.

I'll just wait a few more days and see if it shows later in the week. I expect that other players have had similar issues to Zero and I and maybe someone reading has some info to pass along. Two weeks is a long time, lol. The game hasn't been in open beta for two weeks yet. Bugs are to be expected.

I wonder if maybe there is just something I'm missing... probably just a big backlog on published quests becoming playable? "Published" kinda infers "playable" but maybe that's not the case? I was/am hoping it's an issue with how I search...

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Trading reviews with anyone that is willing to leave a comment/review in either of the following quests:

• Options
    moristinmoristin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would double check the quest in the foundry. There were some problems with publishing two days ago and it may have not made it through. I had a quest that I had to go back in and publish because of it. After that it was fine. I did multiple fixes to a quest today and published it twice and it's been updated so I'd say double check, kind of obvious but best I can offer. Beyond that if you still have trouble contact support.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It says "published"

I have 3 created and only one published. The two that I haven't published say "Not Published". The one I have published says published with a date next to when it was "last published".

I'm not sure what else to check?
    I've tried to publish it multiple times already. Twice after the 1st publish.

There must be an answer to this issue. There are other people creating threads about the same issue under different titles but when you read what they posted it's the same issue.

• Options
    zerowaitzerowait Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fixed my issue.
    Go to Protectors Enclave, find the Bulletin Board there. Search for your Unique Foundry ID. The NW-ZXZCXZC one.
  • Options
    upskirtupskirt Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    i have a similar issue, however its a bit different. two of my 3 characters can find my quests (published two so far) while the third cannot find it. so it's a publishing issue. try withdrawing it and republishing it or just hit publish again. keep trying and im sure it'll show up eventually.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tried both suggestions. Still no luck. I don't have multiple characters to attempt the quest on, though.

NT-DT6IOMSEZ

somebody search for it, please. You don't have to try it if you don't want to but I'd appreciate if someone could find it, lol.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Just published again. that makes 4-5 successful publishes of the same quest but I still can't find it in game.

I'm going to wait a few hrs before looking for it again to allow it to queue, if such a thing happens. It's all new to all of us. If/when i get it to work, i'll post any info I get from the process. Also, i will keep checking this thread to see if anyone that has any insight makes a reply. At least four of us are having this issue today, it seems. i'm sure more just aren't making forum posts.

• Options
    adakkaradakkar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Also make sure you are searching on the BEST tab. Seems that is the only tab I ever get to work when searching for short codes.
    Everlight - A Prologue

Shortcode: NW-DM417VRJK

Combat orientated Mission, with a little bit of story to move you along.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw on my character "L" button a Calender. It says Wednesday is when new are published under the heading "Foundry" So I am waiting till after then.
    I also was looking like crazy for mine. So many to search though on to be rated.
    I noticed also that it you put in a header of a quest that is under to be "rated" that it does not come up. So maybe searches for new ones will be hard to do unless they fix it.
    Is too many to trawl though as it is - should be a better system.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    I saw on my character "L" button a Calender. It says Wednesday is when new are published under the heading "Foundry" So I am waiting till after then.
    I also was looking like crazy for mine. So many to search though on to be rated.
    I noticed also that it you put in a header of a quest that is under to be "rated" that it does not come up. So maybe searches for new ones will be hard to do unless they fix it.
    Is too many to trawl though as it is - should be a better system.

I have seen that also. It says it's for new "spotlight" foundry quests.
    That event is now showing to have ended at 1:30PM. it's 10:30Pm and I am still unable to find either of the two quests I have now published. I do not believe that calendar event is related to publishing or locating published quests.

There have been several Dev discussions about the Foundry this week. I've read them but I still haven't seen any comments about this issue of not being able to find your foundry quest after publishing it. I watched a youtube video series about making foundry quests and the guy making the video said "you should subscribe to yourself b/c it's pretty difficult to locate your quests after publishing them". I agree, it is difficult indeed.

Maybe a dev will discuss this issue soon. I'll try to locate the quests I've published, again tomorrow. I started work on a 3rd quest but I'm not sure I want to waste any time on it if I can't play it, lol. I feel like my quests are good solid quests that someone other than myself will enjoy but whats the use if I can't do them? Maybe the calendar event is related to it, I'll check tomorrow after the patch and see if it's searchable then. Something from the devs on the subject would be real nice though.

• Options
    watever2watever2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't forget it will stay in the review section (which has no search options) until it has had 5 reviews. As there are about 1000 maps in the review section your chance of finding are between slim and none.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    watever2 wrote: »
    Don't forget it will stay in the review section (which has no search options) until it has had 5 reviews. As there are about 1000 maps in the review section your chance of finding are between slim and none.
    I went through several hundred looking for mine. game lags up pretty good using the review tab.

• Options
    brymmstonebrymmstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Solved* I have been waiting on mine over 24 hrs after published. I just now read in an earlier reply to try the job board, it worked for me.

I hopped in Protector's Enclave tavern and clicked the job board. My quest was the only one listed available and was on the default Best tab. I subscribed to myself so i never have to go through this again >_<. After i went back to the Best tab, it displayed best quests like normal and mine was no longer there. However, now when i search Best tab with Short Code, it shows up. Will not show up by name or author. Also, doesn't show up still on New tab by Short Code, author, or title.

Good luck mates! Hope they work out this issue soon. Would appreciate some plays on my new foundry quest listed here, and remember, search Best tab by Short Code for now... :rolleyes: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?248412-Spellplague-Test-Subjects
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well, it isn't working for me. I read the same thing about short code in the best tab on the board. after reading your reply i even used the specific board inside the tavern. I'm willing to try whatever but nothing has worked yet. It's really starting to tick me off, lol. its just a game... just a game... keep telling myself. beta, it'll get fixed at some point.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Finally found my quests and subscribed to myself by crawling through the 'review' tab. I wont have to do it again but man that was more painful than it had to be.

• Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can find now by putting in the code not the name...so

NW-DM9UDUMUK

not A Night With Terrible Terrance
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    squareslugxsquareslugx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question if anyone knows. I can find my quests with the short code and also from subscribing but when I add a quest to a campaign it doesn't show up in SUBSCRIPTION anymore, only through the short code.

Tried republishing and such but doesn't seem to work. If I delete the campaign the quest starts showing up again in sub. Not sure if a bug or if it just takes a ton of time before working properly.
    Check out my first Foundry Quest - Remnants of a Mad Wizard (Short Code): nw-dbfw3znul
    Check out my second Foundry Quest - Dreaming of a Sea Adventure (Short Code): nw-debgs4mnr
  • Options
    dharadandharadan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have attempted to publish three quests on two different accounts and all three sit at "currently publishing" and have done so for probably 6-7 hours now. A quest I published a few days ago published in about 20 minutes (from different computer, but i've checked my FW to make sure it isn't blocking from this computer). I validated all questions submissions to be sure there were no flagged issues, made sure they were properly saved, and even tried doing them as campaigns and stand-alone. Nothing. They just sit unpublished.

Does anyone know of any known issues with this right now?
  • Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All Foundry publishing is currently stuck on indefinite "currently publishing" status.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I have a question if anyone knows. I can find my quests with the short code and also from subscribing but when I add a quest to a campaign it doesn't show up in SUBSCRIPTION anymore, only through the short code.

Tried republishing and such but doesn't seem to work. If I delete the campaign the quest starts showing up again in sub. Not sure if a bug or if it just takes a ton of time before working properly.

I'm having the same issue: I subscribed to myself, but can't see my quest listed in the Subscribed tab.
  • Options
    bigglesviibigglesvii Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Yh I was gonna make the same suggestion, took me a while to figure out to search under the best tab. Also once you find one of yours click on it and above the description there's a subscribe button.
    Looking for reviews please:
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Blackdagger: NW-DEPMC17EW
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Rothe Valley: NW-DD3FM9CHY
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Helm's Hold: NW-DG17WKDTC (NEW)
  • Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you've included an unpublished quest in a campaign, the whole campaign will disappear from subscriptions. It still exists and is searchable, it just won't be on the tab.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    sharrahlsharrahl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm experiencing this same issue. The dates on the previous posts where from May, could you please give a status update. Were you ever able to access your foundries? Was there suppose to be a bug fix, or is this just a known issue that we have to deal with? I published my foundry on 6-25-2013 and am listed as "published" but an unable to find my quest in-game. What is the current time frame I should expect?
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can party up and get someone else who can find it to share it with you then you can subscribe.
  • Options
    kingdutkakingdutka Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't find mine in the foundry at all either...

Author: @kingdutka
    Quest Name: Hack'n'Slash
    Short Code: NW-DRRJPQSSC
  • Options
    willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I published my Foundry Quest 4 days ago and still can not find it. I republished it yesterday and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I have searched by the Title, the NW#, creator @name, and still can not find it.
  • Options
    myrmecoleonmyrmecoleon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 94
    edited January 2014
    I published my Foundry Quest 4 days ago and still can not find it. I republished it yesterday and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I have searched by the Title, the NW#, creator @name, and still can not find it.

Is it Investigate The Mal'One Mansion? I could find it under your author name in the For Review tab.
    Crimson Descent (NW-DRWNLMGYV) - Solo 15-20m combat-focused adventure
  • Options
    willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, thanks.

I can see it now also--strange a few hours ago and I could not:) Thanks