test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Temple of the Spider last boss impossible to defeat?

fusromeowfusromeow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So a couple people in my guild and I blew through the Epic Temple of the Spider really fast and it was sort of easy, at least compared to other Tier 2 dungeons, and we never ran into any major challenges throughout it. Well, we arrived at the last boss and we continuously kept dying not even 5min into the boss fight, and we tried killing her at least 20 times. This boss is impossible to defeat!! My guild group and I are all very strong and good players and we all have more then whats required for gear and stats to play that dungeon. Have any of you ever successfully killed the last boss (her name is Syndrith the high priestess of Lolth) after the most recent update? And if so, please give me some tips or advice! I really would love to defeat her :)
Post edited by fusromeow on

Comments

• drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    fusromeow wrote: »
    So a couple people in my guild and I blew through the Epic Temple of the Spider really fast and it was sort of easy, at least compared to other Tier 2 dungeons, and we never ran into any major challenges throughout it. Well, we arrived at the last boss and we continuously kept dying not even 5min into the boss fight, and we tried killing her at least 20 times. This boss is impossible to defeat!! My guild group and I are all very strong and good players and we all have more then whats required for gear and stats to play that dungeon. Have any of you ever successfully killed the last boss (her name is Syndrith the high priestess of Lolth) after the most recent update? And if so, please give me some tips or advice! I really would love to defeat her :)

short: no, its not impossible. did it twice with guild mates already. but yes, it is much harder then pre-patch.

bottom line: i personally believe, despite being possible to kill the boss, there will be a boss nerf coming our way soon ...
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't know about harder..actually i find it easier. Ive run it as a single CW (which let me be honest was straining) and i've ran it with two CWs. Either way the CWs keeping the adds at bay with CC singularity and bumps and steal time is paramount. Having to stop and go resurrect ppl who weren't able to get out of red circles quickly enough stops at about twice.
    And of course everyone else must be on their game..Good healer ,nice rogue dps etc.

It's a straight forward tank and spank. If the CWs are alternating singularities the adds should always...ALWAYS be up in the air..stunned or face down.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried this day to do it could not, if you look at the recommended on the que. It says gs lvl that is recommended, that is a lie you should have a gs of 7 more then that. Example if it says 8.2 gs you should have 8.9 gs, the reason is because some dungeons the enemys are op. Others the last boss and enemys that spawn at the last boss are op, They need to fix this but take my advice and you will be fine.

P.S To rogues, clerics, wizards, increase your def and defl.
  • fusromeowfusromeow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes they do lie about what gear score is recommended. But my gear score is over 9000(Ha, funny), and everyone else in my guilds gear score is over that amount, and we are all pretty strong and have good defense. But it seems as if the last bosses in all tier 2 dungeons are immensely OP, like over the top OP to where its not fair.
  • bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It actually is really easy. Just kill the little spiders 1st and then focus on the boss while members cc adds. It is not a dps race, but you do need to slowly drop her. We do the run 4 to 6 times a day, twice during DD. Watch the aoe and the phase spider at the end.
    edited June 2013
    Another thing the revive is stupid (stupid), that should not be there. Egg heads at cryptic dont think a lot before putting in something, when you get sent back to the entrance. You get a cant revive for a few minutes (stupid), so you have to wait for 5 min for the revive to be gone. And if you get sent back again you have to wait another 5 min, waste of time (stupid) shouldn't be there.

P.S Also wait 5 min for the injury to be gone at the camp site, to long should be 1 min. Or make med kits 5 cents each not 20 cents each, egg heads at cryptic dont think a lot before putting something in.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So what you are saying is hardmode dungeons are too hard?

People already complain the market is flooded with gear - making the t2 dungeons easier will crash the market even more, making more people complain about the market being flooded.

People already complain there is no endgame because it is too easy to gear up - making the t2 dungeons easier will make even more people complain about the lack of endgame.

Addressing your complaint will only create more complaints.

Maybe they should make all the tier 2 dungeons that are in game right now easier, and then call them tier 1, then add a whole new set of hard dungeons, and call those entirely new hard dungeons tier 2...
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find that a CW using Ray of Enfeeblement boosts DPS quite considerably. If you have a GF, have him use Frontline Surge every so often to make up for your CW having to take Ray(specifically when Astral Shield is down).
  • drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »

People already complain the market is flooded with gear - making the t2 dungeons easier will crash the market even more, making more people complain about the market being flooded.

People already complain there is no endgame because it is too easy to gear up - making the t2 dungeons easier will make even more people complain about the lack of endgame.

Maybe they should make all the tier 2 dungeons that are in game right now easier, and then call them tier 1, then add a whole new set of hard dungeons, and call those entirely new hard dungeons tier 2...

stay on topic please ...
    edited June 2013

I'm not stating "hardmode" dungeons are hard, in fact my friends and I blow through tier 2 dungeons really fast without a problem. What I am saying is, i'm having a difficult time trying to fight the last boss in the Temple of the Spider, it seems as if that's the only boss I've ever encountered an issue with.
    edited June 2013

So your saying there not op, pay more attention you will know what is what. For example the imps at md op, thats just one.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The boss is not overly hard it just requires a little bit of coordination. The group I run with is one of each class and we simply alternate stuns and dazes while the GF and GWF pick up and kill the blademasters while the rest of us burn the boss.
    edited June 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »
    The boss is not overly hard it just requires a little bit of coordination. The group I run with is one of each class and we simply alternate stuns and dazes while the GF and GWF pick up and kill the blademasters while the rest of us burn the boss.
    That's exactly what my group is, we are one of each class and do the same thing. I'm a GWF, and the GF and I are always on adds (sometimes the CW is too) while the rogue is just on the boss at all times. But for some reason, I really don't know if its a bug or not or just part of the update, but the boss sends out a ridiculous amount of adds 24/7 non stop without a break, and its too many for us to handle and kill. They bring us down real quickly.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It could be a bug i guess..Ive noticed on Spell plague last boss is supposed to give you a break..usually its a minute or so...Few nights ago..the boss gave us a 3 minute break...when he came back and spawned mobs I swear it seemed like there was 3 waves wrapped up into one.
  • dunrobardunrobar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its not easy but its not impossible either, what server are you on?
    I had a group of guild mates and one pug that did it one time, only me(gwf) and GF and a cleric we left standing about half way in the fight. we beat it down slowly. biggest problem is the bosses regen which makes it a long fight, adds aren't too much of a problem if the gwf and wiz works the adds down fast
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well from reading this sounds like to speed racers are upset that they have to truly know how to play the class and not just run over everything. I have an idea how about a win button so the ones who just want the easy route can just opt for the button so we can get back to what matters and making the game more like what d&d is to be like.
  • farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    fusromeow wrote: »

its an normal fight if u ignore the adds and dps the boss ( boss kills the adds to regen ) u need a good CW and a good cleric , kill the spiders 1st they dont respawn ( u will probly wipe that time ) then go back in and get stuff under control then focus purely on the boss ( exp the cw )

ps: boss puts a red circle on the floor that does like 15k dmg +/- look out for that
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our guild runs it a couple times a day usually. It's actually easy once you understand the tactic.

edited June 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    its an normal fight if u ignore the adds and dps the boss ( boss kills the adds to regen ) u need a good CW and a good cleric , kill the spiders 1st they dont respawn ( u will probly wipe that time ) then go back in and get stuff under control then focus purely on the boss ( exp the cw )

ps: boss puts a red circle on the floor that does like 15k dmg +/- look out for that

Yeah I figured, but the problem is, is we can't ignore the adds because the boss sends out sooo many all at once and they don't stop spawning. We tried that tactic a couple times, but the adds dps is massive with how many adds accumulate that we die right away.
    edited June 2013
    dunrobar wrote: »
    I had a group of guild mates and one pug that did it one time, only me(gwf) and GF and a cleric we left standing about half way in the fight. we beat it down slowly. biggest problem is the bosses regen which makes it a long fight, adds aren't too much of a problem if the gwf and wiz works the adds down fast

I'm on Dragon. Well, I don't mind a long boss fight at all, just as long as it dies sooner or later. Its just frustrating though because generally the CW and I (GWF), can take down adds easily and really fast, but since the boss spawns so many constantly, and with their high dps, they own our faces pretty hard.
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    It's not impossible, It's actually easier compared to other t2's, because you dont do anything but burn the boss, if you keep trying to control the adds, then you lose dps on the boss, just focus everyone on the boss and hit adds with aoe's, you dont even need to avoid her red spell, unless you're terribly undergeared, all i think it does is root and slow with a little damage. We've run this nomerous times with different lineups, the last one was with one of each class. and we still took her down without wipes.
    forumskill.gif
    edited June 2013
    dunrobar wrote: »

regen is stopped dead with enfeeblement..tell your CWs to slot it.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The instances is fairly easy if you have a Good CW and a half way good cleric. but this is pretty much every instances.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its not hard but spider (last boss) requires a little more cordination that other dungeons, eg kite adds or punt adds.

1st phase boss abilities, (boss full heals and turns into a Drider at 50 which marks phase 2)
    teleports randomly (and seems to stop teleporting after a bit since last patch)
    Spawns 4 blade master's and 2 Spider's in random locations around the room who she can then life steal from
    Casts web (which can root you in your in them for more than 3 seconds)

Stay out of the red circle's, if you see a mob in a red circle, push it out or kill it, try to fight as a group with everyone near the boss this makes the clerics job 100% easier.

Class specific Role's,

CW - Arcane singularity to the side of the boss, pulls mobs in range of dps and out of HP steal circle's try not to push back blademasters as they charge is 90% of their damage, your job in this fight is to get adds out of circle's and range kill spider's.

GF - Mark blademasters when the spawn (you need to be quick) so they charge you instead of the squishy party member's, try your best to gain aggro of the boss and protect your party members, frontline rush is good for this fight as the knockback is enough to push mobs out of circle's

GWF - Kill adds, esp spider's if you have a cw ask them to cast Arcane singularity ontop of you and position yourself so your aoe's hit the boss and the adds, but your priority is the adds, try not to run too far from the cleric/rest of the group

TR - Max damage on boss, smoke bomb is great for this fight too smoke bombs groups of adds to reduce damage of the party. your main job is Boss destruction

DC - Healing, group and if you have time divine glow on boss/party to reduce her mitigation and increase party dps, if you see a blademaster charging at you dodge (slide) if you're quick enough you will dodge his charge.

Phase 2 is easier, she full heals but less spawns and she heals for less the only difference is if you have a gf, get him/her to tank the boss to reduce party spike damage, dps down to 0% collect loot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its pretty easy tbh if u can focus the boss and just keep knocking away blademasters she kills them herself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaC5Rh2KFzc