test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the "Ignore list" work as a "Banlist" ?

daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I made a ticket awhile back regarding a guy who kicked everyone at the end of a dungeon after the loot rolls had appeared, assumingly to assure himself all the final boss drop items + denying the rest of us our dungeon delves chest :mad: - Yep that scenario sucked....

Anyway the response to my ticket from the support team was to add the specific player to my ignore list, so I'm wondering does the ignore list work as a banlist, meaning if I put X guy on my ignore list can't I get partnered up with that person via PvP/PvE qeueing? If so it would be awesome, so I'd like to know :)
GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
Post edited by daxtax86 on

Comments

• darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably not.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, the ignore functions(report spam and ignore player) do not actually ban the player from playing. This is what happens.

When you /report spam someone, it whaps them with a demerit. It takes relatively few of these piling up to silence that person for 24 hours.

When you /ignore someone, it places a demerit on them as well. However, it takes far more of these to have the same effect. 24 hour chat ban.

And it's a total chat ban. No whispers. No guild chat. No zone chat. That person is -silenced-. For 24 hours.

It does not keep you from being teamed with this person. Your best bet is to call him out whenever you see him on a team you queued for and inform the team of what he did, then quit the team and re-queue.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the useful reply..... and the not so useful one :cool:
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • dalmerosdalmeros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a question regarding the Ignorelist too:

How can I put a comment on someone I just ignored? It always says I'm not a friend of them and can't use the comment function. I hope this will get fixed if it's a bug.

This really bothers me, because my ignore list is growing pretty fast every day, I have PvP AFKers, people who kick me during PvP or dungeons, people who leave mid dungeon without saying something, rude people, gold spammers, WTS/WTB-spammers.

There is no way to know who did what without the comment feature, and with the huge amout of jackasses in the game, the ignore list will grow pretty fast.
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Mostly because <private> is a hard nickname to remember, namsaying?
    Now I know I /ignored some <my eyes are burning> called, say, <my eyes are burning more> and I will remember that. But he's shown as <private> and I don't know who that is.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    dalmeros, honestly I had no idea there was a comment feature. But to be frank, you shouldn't worry about it too much. In my experience there's very few people who deserve to be on your ignore list permanently in any game and you should clean the list of the older names every once in a while.
    The great part of an MMO is that after a few days you are unlikely to see a person you didn't like again. ;)

teemoor, Aaaah don't do that! I hate butchering posts. Right click the name and add to ignore. Then follow the advice I gave to dalmeros even if the comments section is opened for use.
  • idnarosetidnaroset Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question about the in-game ignore list. How many people can I have on it? Just from reporting spam emails I have more than 30 on my list so far.