test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day 5 and counting. Savage enchants still dont work :(

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love this game but I am just tremendously disappointed at how the new item from the BIG EVENT to roll out there launch doesn't work. Very sad. very sad time it is.
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yeah about that....apparently it works on your personal armor but not on companions....yeah this needs a hotfix imo pissing me off
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kaelis33 wrote: »
    Yeah about that....apparently it works on your personal armor but not on companions....yeah this needs a hotfix imo pissing me off

Actually it doesn't work in any of my armor. 0 stats. I have 2 upgrades with rank 7's in my inventory collecting dust that I worked very hard for. So nope don't work in armor at all.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are working on it.
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    They are working on it.

I mean why does it take them so long? I have coded in the past, it should be a few lines of code at the most that are screwy....they should have all the enchants listed in one spot......just scroll down to the newly added Savage enchant and its syntax should be identical to other enchants....just fix it...and move on.

This would take any competent hobbyist coder 15 minutes to fix.
    edited June 2013
    Actually it doesn't work in any of my armor. 0 stats. I have 2 upgrades with rank 7's in my inventory collecting dust that I worked very hard for. So nope don't work in armor at all.

The enchants work sometimes and sometimes don't. I have heard varying explanations like you cant stack the same rank of that enchant on armor. But I have had only one and it did not work on my companion. But then I put a rank 5 in my armor and it worked.

It could be that some of the ranks are not coded correctly. Like Rank 7 will not work(this one not working on my companion)..adn then rank 6 is working. They are probably listed one after another in descending order in the code and someone forgot to close an parenthesis on code line or something.

This is not that complex a problem. They have like a hundred enchants that work and use the basic same line of code.
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. Very frustrating issue. Rank 7 for me not working in cat's belt, and it's calculated to hit my soft cap limit on both crit and arp.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too much broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this game.
  • grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Seems everything new they introduce is broken from the start. How about actually TESTING your code before putting it live. What a novel idea eh?
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    They are working on it.

Working on it to me means bring the server down for emergency maint. until the problem is fixed. Rather have the server down and problems solved so when it comes back up I can enjoy the game.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Working on it to me means bring the server down for emergency maint. until the problem is fixed. Rather have the server down and problems solved so when it comes back up I can enjoy the game.

So you don't want anyone else able to play as long as their is a bug that effects you? Bringing the servers down won't make them find the bug and fix it any faster.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013

They wait for maintenance because that's not the only problem they are working on, they are trying to fix as much bugs as possible all in one go.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365451-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-20
  • someguy313someguy313 Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013

One of the dumbest comments I've read on this forum. They'll fix the code, then test it on the Test realm first. Once they know it is working properly then they'll plan maintenance. I doubt it's being worked on though, probably near the bottom of a very long list of things they're not doing.
    PWN (GWF) - <Lemonade Stand> Live Streaming PvP on Twitch
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure they had identified and fixed the problem not long after it was reported.

If they took the servers down to fix every bug that has appeared we would have downtime every 10 minutes for an hour and a half.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    someguy313 wrote: »
    I doubt it's being worked on though, probably near the bottom of a very long list of things they're not doing.

It's on the test shard patch notes iirc correctly.
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    It's on the test shard patch notes iirc correctly.

It is on the list they posted of the top 3 issues they are working on at the moment.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    Too much broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this game.

QFT.

It almost seems they would rather nerf and add things you can buy than fix things that are broken.
  • merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /sigh, PVP queue for lvl 20-29 seems to be messed up too. Seems to me more stuff worked on THE FIRST BETA WEEKEND better than NOW THAT THE GAME IS LIVE

typical PWE game