test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR in spawn

onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am in the middle of PvP match and there is a TR sitting in our spawn in the campfire killing us as soon as we spawn in. And to make it worse he is constantly talking trash to us. Is this a legit part of PvP

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Post edited by onikum0 on

Comments

• Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes this is the Norm, legit part of pvp. Spawn Camping/killing before players have a chance to respond. However, You may want to edit that ScreenShot because of the (Naming and Shaming)policy. You don't want to get a ban for calling a player out on the forums and having the community police any issues.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Yes this is the Norm, legit part of pvp. Spawn Camping/killing before players have a chance to respond. However, You may want to edit that ScreenShot because of the (Naming and Shaming)policy. You don't want to get a ban for calling a player out on the forums and having the community police any issues.

Thanks for the reply, i really want to like PvP in this game, bu stuff like that makes me want to avoid it.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    well, if you get spawn camped then theres a reason for it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    well, if you get spawn camped then theres a reason for it

And what would that reason be?
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    And what would that reason be?

More than likely, your team is getting owned. Doesn't make it okay though. I agree, it is pretty lowball and just adds insult to injury.

Bad sportsmanship to be sure.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    More than likely, your team is getting owned. Doesn't make it okay though. I agree, it is pretty lowball and just adds insult to injury.

Bad sportsmanship to be sure.

It's not bad sportsmanship, in my opinion. The only time this is possible is when a team has just given up and isn't participating in the match anymore. In my opinion, if you camp your spawn you should either be auto-kicked or suffer a death every 20 seconds or so. You volunteered for a PvP match, it's your job to participate until the end. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time because you feel like quitting.

The Mage's teleport and Rogue deft strike are what people most often use to get into people's bases.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    It's not bad sportsmanship, in my opinion. The only time this is possible is when a team has just given up and isn't participating in the match anymore. In my opinion, if you camp your spawn you should either be auto-kicked or suffer a death every 20 seconds or so. You volunteered for a PvP match, it's your job to participate until the end. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time because you feel like quitting.

The Mage's teleport and Rogue deft strike are what people most often use to get into people's bases.

I do hate the quitters, to be sure, but I don't think that justifies this behavior.

If it's a Teambot, or the entire group quit early, then sure, it's fair game at that point.

When it results from a steamroll victory where the other team has hardly scored a point, I think it's pretty lowball.