test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I am a Casual Player.

soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I am your 90% of the game. I play this game on the side and try to have fun. I have leveled, raised my gear to the max allowable without blowing any more money beyond founders packs and some keys. Before this patch to AS I could take my casual guild into dungeons up to CN without too much trouble. It took a while with casual players, but we did the instances. CN was still a Dual-Cleric run and I had fun in there. See that word, fun.

I've read every guide, strategy and the people I play with are competent players. We can't even do Pirate King now due to the last boss being effin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with adds, lack of a full AS to circle kite and well everything.

I wanted to let you know my guild, which is pretty huge IMO is already shrinking from people saying the game isn't fun and needs work. This is after one patch, one change to the healer. I can see how in ways it was stupid OP, but in others it was required due to game mechanics.

I picked a Cleric so I could get a great casual guild off the ground and have fun in the game. Now you need to change mechanics or scale the adds in those instances back by about 40% as you are seriously frustrating the hell out of healers trying to have fun whacking mobs too with the lack of a primary heal functioning fully.

Casual players, remember them please.

sO
www.drunkenheroes.com
Post edited by soiledostrich on

Comments

• faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a casual, but I think those adds need scaling back. Give us interesting boss mechanics rather then add races please!

Also The other cleric heals do need a buff, but more importantly trash mob damage needs to be scaled down. When you have adds that do 2-4k damage a hit or more, then they are more and not less dangerous then the boss! The boss needs to be more dangerous then his adds not the other way around.

Astral shield did need the nerf, however, the reason is was used so much to such an extent was trash mobs dealing way to much damage and being a heal and a shield in one.

Divinity astral shield should have something different instead of a heal over time. The whole reason that skill was unbalanced is that it gives damage resist and healing in divinity mode. Take the healing away and give it a different divinity bonus. Then buff all the other cleric heals so healing clerics can actually heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This isn't the first game that has fallen on it's sword by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> clerics up, probably won't be the last either. Healers are the classes that usually get the least thought, and yet they should really get the most thought. All MMO's that require healing have the humble healer classes at the bottom of the pyramid. If you pull a brick out of the bottom of the pyramid the entire thing crumbles down. Maybe slowly, but you have destabilized your foundation. A home with a poor foundation is something that cannot stand.

I seriously can't figure out their reasoning, it's hurting the game. Sure they can say they don't think AS is fun, but if that's the case then just remove the skill completely so clerics can stop getting griped at for not having the circle down all the time, then they can balance the game around clerics not having any good heals.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    This isn't the first game that has fallen on it's sword by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> clerics up, probably won't be the last either. Healers are the classes that usually get the least thought, and yet they should really get the most thought. All MMO's that require healing have the humble healer classes at the bottom of the pyramid. If you pull a brick out of the bottom of the pyramid the entire thing crumbles down. Maybe slowly, but you have destabilized your foundation. A home with a poor foundation is something that cannot stand.

I seriously can't figure out their reasoning, it's hurting the game. Sure they can say they don't think AS is fun, but if that's the case then just remove the skill completely so clerics can stop getting griped at for not having the circle down all the time, then they can balance the game around clerics not having any good heals.

Oh no keep Astral shield but take it's healing part away. It's that fact that it can heal with divinity and give a damage resist that makes that skill so broken. Make the divinity bonus something else.

Then buff the other heals a bit and tone down the damage. Also decrease the power and number of adds in boss fights. Give use some interesting boss mechanics instead of an adds race please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I mean no disrespect here nor a L2P comments but a few things come to mind about your post....

1 - duel cleric shield was way OP everyone will agree to this, as a cleric you have to get away from the AS thing and use it as last resort skill.
    2 - Duel AS easy mode is gone, so is your group make up or GS proper for what you are running? are you attempting a 8300 run with 5 people that are 8300? do you have a GF (makes things so easy with one)?, if you are running duel cleric still are you shield stacking and having down time on AS then rotating the AS?
    3 - good example our group of 4 are fairly well geared 10-11.1k with me as a cleric at 11.1k. First night out since patch we got destoried in pirates, since then we changed how we play don't rely on AS (rarely use it in pirates except on last boss) now I can solo heal everything T2, I haven't attempted CN solo healing yet but clear cn several time and I don't think it will be an issue to solo heal it. We may or may be better geared then you guys but by far the patch to the cleric didn't hurt the game, change the play style..yes but you need to adapt and change if you want to be successful...
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    venger0405 wrote: »
    I mean no disrespect here nor a L2P comments but a few things come to mind about your post....

1 - duel cleric shield was way OP everyone will agree to this, as a cleric you have to get away from the AS thing and use it as last resort skill.
    2 - Duel AS easy mode is gone, so is your group make up or GS proper for what you are running? are you attempting a 8300 run with 5 people that are 8300? do you have a GF (makes things so easy with one)?, if you are running duel cleric still are you shield stacking and having down time on AS then rotating the AS?
    3 - good example our group of 4 are fairly well geared 10-11.1k with me as a cleric at 11.1k. First night out since patch we got destoried in pirates, since then we changed how we play don't rely on AS (rarely use it in pirates except on last boss) now I can solo heal everything T2, I haven't attempted CN solo healing yet but clear cn several time and I don't think it will be an issue to solo heal it. We may or may be better geared then you guys but by far the patch to the cleric didn't hurt the game, change the play style..yes but you need to adapt and change if you want to be successful...

1. Agreed

2. My groups lowest GS is around 9900. The tank is 13k, I'm nearing 11k with a full Grand Templar set and some other similar T2 items.

3. I have adapted, they have adapted and it still isn't working. Healing on Pirate was only an issue when you think about the fact you stand on a side rail of the ship and partially bug the instance, how fun is that? I am saying I like the change, I'm frustrated more with the mechanics. If you can't fix the mechanics, AS needs to be returned to former. 34-60 adds in the way of the boss where you can't even retarget them is very annoying. When you try burning them down they just respawn. This is every boss fight in the game except Lair of the Mad Dragon which actually has a cool play style. No one can dodge all the attacks and it shouldn't become so confusing when you have to deal with mentioned above 30+ adds that hit harder than the boss.

I check forums regularly and we have tried different strategies and guess what, they range from stupid to what i feel is a glitch. I don't want to run ahead of two packs to die and respawn. I don't want to wall jump or blaze through it at 90 miles an hour. I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME TO HAVE FUN! Not do stupid things to complete it.

Bring the fun back, leave the frustration.
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahh fun is different then can you do the instance and complete it....Is it fun now not really, not really challenging either. the add spam isn't fun at all, the first couple runs when the instance was new yeah it's cool but every boss in ever instance is the same adds, adds adds and more adds, oh and I forgot red circles everywhere....there isn't a fun boss fight out there because more or less they are all the same.

Plus don't you love the pirates adds, when it gets sooo many adds you can't target the boss..now thats fun....not.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am your 90% of the game. I play this game on the side and try to have fun. I have leveled, raised my gear to the max allowable without blowing any more money beyond founders packs and some keys. Before this patch to AS I could take my casual guild into dungeons up to CN without too much trouble. It took a while with casual players, but we did the instances. CN was still a Dual-Cleric run and I had fun in there. See that word, fun.

I've read every guide, strategy and the people I play with are competent players. We can't even do Pirate King now due to the last boss being effin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with adds, lack of a full AS to circle kite and well everything.

I wanted to let you know my guild, which is pretty huge IMO is already shrinking from people saying the game isn't fun and needs work. This is after one patch, one change to the healer. I can see how in ways it was stupid OP, but in others it was required due to game mechanics.

I picked a Cleric so I could get a great casual guild off the ground and have fun in the game. Now you need to change mechanics or scale the adds in those instances back by about 40% as you are seriously frustrating the hell out of healers trying to have fun whacking mobs too with the lack of a primary heal functioning fully.

Casual players, remember them please.

sO
    www.drunkenheroes.com

*Rabble Rabble Rabble*
    2na4eh3.jpg
    ('-')
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGdEwV-efs
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »

That makes no sense when I am talking about playstyle, not wallet.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »

I don't understand your point, I'm a pretty casual player I would say, but I earn a fair amount of money because I work two jobs, and have rent houses. All him being a hero of the north member says is that he likes to support things he enjoys. If he didn't enjoy the game he wouldn't be upset about changes that make him not enjoy the game. I put over 200 dollars into planetside, and I've already purchased a pretty expensive ship in Star Citizen, this game I'm into for around $100, and I'm glad I didn't put the rest of my monthly gaming budget into it. It doesn't mean I am better than anyone who hasn't played, or that I get to play much more than 7 hours a week in anything, or make me hardcore, or even good at the game.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand your point, I'm a pretty casual player I would say, but I earn a fair amount of money because I work two jobs, and have rent houses. All him being a hero of the north member says is that he likes to support things he enjoys. If he didn't enjoy the game he wouldn't be upset about changes that make him not enjoy the game. I put over 200 dollars into planetside, and I've already purchased a pretty expensive ship in Star Citizen, this game I'm into for around $100, and I'm glad I didn't put the rest of my monthly gaming budget into it. It doesn't mean I am better than anyone who hasn't played, or that I get to play much more than 7 hours a week in anything, or make me hardcore, or even good at the game.
    That makes no sense when I am talking about playstyle, not wallet.

It's a joke. Bah, probably would've worked better if you claimed "99%" instead.
    & agreed with the add scaling. Kind of ridiculous how their idea of difficulty is just to toss a bunch of mobs at your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGdEwV-efs
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Star Citizen

:D Your awesome :D