test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bards, the musical wonders of the DnD universe.

timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any idea if Bards will make it into Neverwinter? I'm hoping to make my PnP character, Durak the Earbleeder, a Half-Orc Bard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alignmentsalignments Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Id like to see a Bard augment companion.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    If Aandrethegiant had his way they would have been the first class added.

But there's no word on any future classes other than they are coming and that the next one scheduled for release is going to be a "ranged" class.
  • onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If Aandrethegiant had his way they would have been the first class added.

But there's no word on any future classes other than they are coming and that the next one scheduled for release is going to be a "ranged" class.

Bring on that RANGER!
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The bard in 4e is an arcane leader class, which means that it's the arcane counterpart of the cleric. It's a pretty decent healer and buffer, and it also has a dash of control that you would expect from an arcane class. Similar to the cleric, they're divided between melee (valorous bard) and ranged (cunning bard). The former uses melee weapons, while the latter uses wands or musical instruments. You can mix and match your powers if you have a songblade, which counts as both weapon and implement.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, I haven't played DnD since 3.5e. I've pretty much been playing Pathfinder since the launch of 4e.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the Bard is ever included, make sure they don't end up "Spoony", or make them like the Sonstresses of Final Fantasy 10x2. ESPECIALLY the Sonstress. Ugh... they were a pain to listen to, and adventurers dressed like Japanese Pop Stars fighting evil monsters by singing and dancing... just didn't fit... at all. -_-

*sigh* I miss being a Bard in EQ. Especially that one incident I vaguely remember where the guards were supposed to kill Bards, but instead killed anyone named Brad...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*