test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rude People

johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
shard: Beholder

kicked two of us on the last boss for no reason

i know you guys are good in PVE/dungeoneering and craving for DD, but pls be kind to others.
if you think that we dont know what others are doing, you can tell kindly

here is what really happen

i wasn't able to do CC properly and then they said rude things. well they cant blame me for that, its really hard to CC if all mobs are at you, and we don't have GWF or GF at that time.
Post edited by johnygwapo on

Comments

• raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry that happened to you & I agree that people should be kind to each other, but I don't think calling out other players is allowed on the forums.
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im sorry if i had to mention names. didnt know
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    im sorry if i had to mention names. didnt know

Best edit your post and thread to not name any names and simply deal with the actual issue of players being able to do this with no repercussions.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I understand the frustration but it's your word against his so these topics...

-Fall under an "insult" which is against the forums rules
    -The accused can't defend themselves
    -If they find this thread and defend themselves then they will often do so violently (and I don't blame them)

Keep the naming and shaming off the forums please. ;)
    If you have an issue with a player in game then add them to your ignore list. If they did something offensive or worth investigating (above and beyond rude) send in a report in game.
    edited June 2013
    I understand the frustration but it's your word against his so these topics...

-Fall under an "insult" which is against the forums rules
    -The accused can't defend themselves
    -If they can then they will do so violently.

Keep the naming and shaming off the forums please. ;)
    If you have an issue with a player in game then add them to your ignore list. If they did something offensive or worth investigating (above and beyond rude) send in a report in game.

ok sorry for it. i used the GM report already
    edited June 2013
    i changed the title, nothing happens. why?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe players have the ability to change titles. I got it already though, don't worry. :)
    edited June 2013
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Letting the community police itself is against company policy.

Sorry you had a bad run in with some stupid players.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    its ok. thanks for the concern, still love the game though.
  • primalityyprimalityy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First of all , you didnt get kicked at last boss , you got kicked 20min before the boss. Now the reasons why we kicked you : You kept using spells that were not helping anyone including yourself ( even after we told you to stop using these ) and you were an unpleasant person in general ( insulting your teamates wont get you anywhere ). This isnt the choice of one person , this was the choice of the team. Now , as for your friend that got kicked at last boss , maybe you remember what you told me in private right before we started the boss ' you wont kill it lol '. At first i was wondering why you said that , then shortly after , i knew the reason. Your rogue friend kept running around , aggroing minions far from us ( cleric/cw ) so we couldnt push them and he didnt hit the boss at all. Like you , we told him to hit the boss and stop hitting the minions , yet he didnt listen. So , we had to kick him in order to ensure a successfull boss kill. We had reasons to kick you and your friend. Now , let me give you a few tips : Communicate with your team , dont insult anyone , avoid using the expression ' youmadbro' and listen to your teammates's suggestions ( they might help you a lot more than you think ). Have a nice day.
    edited June 2013
    nice false story :)
    that rogue was not my friend, and you are telling the crowd that i asked that rogue to ruin the run?
    ofcourse a rogue would be running around, do you expect a rogue to tank? LOL.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Three sides to every story...
    Yours

Thiers

The Truth
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe players have the ability to change titles. I got it already though, don't worry. :)

You can change titles under "Go advanced" (ALT X).
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nice false story :)
    want logs? :D

I wouldn't post logs on the forums, Unless you edit them to remove player names I'm sure that wouldn't go over well with Admin.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I wouldn't post logs on the forums, Unless you edit them to remove player names I'm sure that wouldn't go over well with Admin.

dont worry i wont. read the rules
    anyway enough with this drama.

im just concern for the others too, this calls out to all the rude people in dungeons
    edited June 2013
    You can change titles under "Go advanced" (ALT X).

done. thanks mate
    edited June 2013
    dont worry i wont. read the rules, just scaring him off (I have another issue too).
    anyway enough with this drama.

im just concern for the others too, this calls out to all the rude people in dungeons

Anonymity promotes Stupid Behavior over the internet, Just have to deal with it.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Anonymity promotes Stupid Behavior over the internet, Just have to deal with it.

i edited everything already. pls read previous
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    primalityy wrote: »
    avoid using the expression ' youmadbro'

While I would wager anything that the "suggestions" were no where near polite, anyone that uses the expression "umadbro" should be instantly kicked and ignored. If this expression was actually used I would seriously grow up and maybe even go back to the second grade and this time finish it.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Anyway... let's just let this thread drop... not good for the community in general.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyway... let's just let this thread drop... not good for the community in general.

This thread simply identifies an obvious condition in the community. While both sides in this instance are most likely at fault, the issue is real. The problem is it is with the internet as a while and not just this community. People in this day and age are horrible and it is only getting worse.
  • onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    This thread simply identifies an obvious condition in the community. While both sides in this instance are most likely at fault, the issue is real. The problem is it is with the internet as a while and not just this community. People in this day and age are horrible and it is only getting worse.

so true ... +1 to you
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »

hahaha nice song. made my day +1
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ the Op : People on the interwebz are rude because they can , you don't have to cope with it . Just log out and go outside , problem solved .
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    @ the Op : People on the interwebz are rude because they can , you don't have to cope with it . Just log out and go outside , problem solved .

People are no better IRL. They're just passive aggressive because there's the very real possibility of being decked in the jaw for saying half the inane <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they do on the internet.