test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP has surpassed far beyond a joke.

healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
If anyone hasn't already noticed, PvP is broken.

- Guardian Fighter knocking you back and hitting half your HP, the new tanky DPS class.
- Devoted Cleric getting thrown around like a ragdoll getting 2 hit because heals suck and righteousness exists.
- Control Wizard can't even control, nor can their feats work.
- GWF are alright, thanks for fixing.
- TR are fine how they are too.

I suggest lowering GF dps because they are a tank, not a dps. After that, increase cleric heals and take off righteousness. Fix control wizard feats, set bonus for shadow weaver, and combat advantage. Fix the CC and stun lock/knockback spam. Sorry for making another thread but it's getting far out of hand, seriously done with this game till the next balance or fix update/patch.
Post edited by healsareop on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, another one of these whiners? Find the other two dozen threads about this and post your complaints.

I love PVP and I haven't spent a dime on this game. Learn to build and play your classes. It's not hard.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    walker68walker68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do fine with my Cleric, but doing the same bg over and over is getting really boring.........
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think your right..They should just trash the whole pvp deal..:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uh yeah, my gf maybe strong, but never fails i get caught by myself i get mess up. It all depends on your char build. respec.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, another one of these whiners? Find the other two dozen threads about this and post your complaints.

I love PVP and I haven't spent a dime on this game. Learn to build and play your classes. It's not hard.
    dashartz wrote: »
    uh yeah, my gf maybe strong, but never fails i get caught by myself i get mess up. It all depends on your char build. respec.
    Learn to build, respec? Do you know who I am? I'm one of the best healers in the game, and have my own build. I have two clerics, both over 13k GS with two different builds.
  • Options
    ttnugettnuge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Learn to build, respec? Do you know who I am? I'm one of the best healers in the game, and have my own build. I have two clerics, both over 13k GS with two different builds.

Bahahahahaha! Dont you know who I am? We know exactly who you are, and back pissing and moaning again.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I do agree that pvp is broken but i blame tenebrous enchants more than anything else. I am a 34hp tank and i died in 2 sec, nothing i could do about it. I have a soulforged enchant on my armor it doesnt seem to do anything against tenebrous, I suggest to change the dmg type from that cause atm i see those alot more op in pvp than plaguefire was.
    Tanks need to CC, this is a trade for lacking dmg, but perma cc is not something that should be possible nor is perma stealth.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

- Guardian Fighter knocking you back and hitting half your HP, the new tanky DPS class.
    - Devoted Cleric getting thrown around like a ragdoll getting 2 hit because heals suck and righteousness exists.

I suggest lowering GF dps because they are a tank, not a dps. After that, increase cleric heals and take off righteousness. Fix control wizard feats, set bonus for shadow weaver, and combat advantage. Fix the CC and stun lock/knockback spam. Sorry for making another thread but it's getting far out of hand, seriously done with this game till the next balance or fix update/patch.

heals alone won't fix the cleric, when we are dead in one or two hits we aren't going to be able to heal... we need strong defenses and we need enough damage to simply cause damage to everyone... an extra encounter slot is also likely needed as slotting both healing encounters and damage encounters is pretty limiting (ideally clerics would get 2 slots for offense, 2 slots for heals/defense, and 1 slot they could go either way with... I'd gladly go 3 offense and 2 heals as now I pretty much go 3 offense and 1 heal but that is giving up either AS or healing word which a cleric really shouldn't do)
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It's the Knight Captain's exploit below 60 doing this. None of their skills can take 50% of your hp at 60 unless you're naked.
  • Options
    notosnotos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suggest lowering GF dps because they are a tank, not a dps.

And I suggest learning about the class, because GF can spec for a tanking or dps role.
  • Options
    hellorcohellorco Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    notos wrote: »
    And I suggest learning about the class, because GF can spec for a tanking or dps role.

Then that spec should have a lot less defensiveness and lockdowns. Wizards can cc and even nuke you hard but they are squishy as hell and if you think the opposite you are probably comparing ~2k GS difference.
  • Options
    spicyrollspicyroll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What the heck is up with Guardian Fighters being able to tank me and take away half my HP? I play as a GWF and not only can they block my attacks, but if I dodge around and wait for them to let their guard down they strike my HP like a freight train and can keep juggling me down the ground once they catch me on the first knock back! Seriously they're not just tanks they're a more scarier DPS character now.. more so than Rogues.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spicyroll wrote: »
    What the heck is up with Guardian Fighters being able to tank me and take away half my HP? I play as a GWF and not only can they block my attacks, but if I dodge around and wait for them to let their guard down they strike my HP like a freight train and can keep juggling me down the ground once they catch me on the first knock back! Seriously they're not just tanks they're a more scarier DPS character now.. more so than Rogues.

they block half my attacks and almost always my daily attacks against them, they have twice the defense reduction that a cleric has (clerics don't really have blocking/dodge), and GF's can take 3/4ths of a cleric's health bar with single encounter hits
  • Options
    ironmasherironmasher Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2013

DC's are fine just as they are. if they would not have been nerfed a bit it would literaly be impossible to kill a GOOD DC in pvp when not alone. In several different fights ive struggled for minutes trying to put them down along with my team(also different people in each fights).
  • Options
    ironmasherironmasher Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2013

GF's seem a bit overpowered easily blocking daily's and throwing out insane amounts of dmg sometime..
  • Options
    dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No. Nobody knows who you are. Nobody cares. Nough said. "Respec"
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Two of the most illogical aspects of pvp are:

(1) CW are actually the Controlled Wizards while Plates and Scales are Control Warriors,
    (2) TR can throw knives while being undected. Spock will tell you it is eminently illogical not to be able to detect the TR while the knives coming at you are visible and McCoy can do an anatomy of the knives and find the trajectory as in The Undiscovered Country.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PVP is always a joke in a non-PVP game. As it should be.

Though I do agree with the poster above me regarding the crying about clouds of steel. I'm not exp'd at PvP in this game and even I can find that pesky TR using Cloud instantly. Apparently a mod and some of the playerbase lack common problem solving skills (old school this is referred to as "spatial relation or spatial intelligence").
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

I don't think this game is designed as a non-PvP game. It actually has both PVP and PvE phrases in the endgame GG content.

Maybe a more refreshing idea to turn PvP into PvPvE. Let mobs hostile to both teams spawn randomly in the middle of a PvP fight so it will be more challenging for the players to balance out their feats and powers.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

Though I do agree with the poster above me regarding the crying about clouds of steel. I'm not exp'd at PvP in this game and even I can find that pesky TR using Cloud instantly. Apparently a mod and some of the playerbase lack common problem solving skills (old school this is referred to as "spatial relation or spatial intelligence").

You lie.nothing else to add