test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warning

mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do not trade w anybody as cryptic/pwe will not do anything for u accept maybe ban the person if the investigation sees fit got ripped off last night got reply in mail saying they will not replace items says its r responsibility how is it r responsibility according to the tos pwe owns everything isnt it their job to have a safe place to plat jesus christ swg if this happened even got your items back for u pwe has made it obvious time and time again they do not care about customers
Post edited by mcleod71 on

Comments

• Options
    a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Did you lost "." key?
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They could do a trade kiosk..each item is put in and a say 5 AD fee each..then it locks. Trade goes thru. A trade agency if you wish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a2ur wrote: »
    Can someone translate it into english please

Some unethical people have taken to selling items via Zone chat, then when you open the trade window, they put their item in, you put your gold in, and they remove their item a split second before you click accept. Thus, you just gave them what you were offering but got nothing in return.

The devs/GMs appear to see this as "working as intended" and won't return your gold/items that were unjustly taken from you. Most other MMOs address this by forcing the trade to cancel if one party clicks accept and the other tries to change what they had offered.

What they should do is this:

1. You put your item(s)/gold in and click 'commit'.
    2. The other party puts their item(s) gold in and clicks 'commit'.
    3. A popup says "Do you want to trade your X for [Player's] Y?" You click 'Yes', then the other party has to press 'Yes', and only then does the trade go through.
    4. If at any point either party tries to change what they put up, they get a popup stating that doing so will cancel the current trade.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It is yet another flaw that would be generic, common place coding in any other game. It is amazingly embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Some unethical people have taken to selling items via Zone chat, then when you open the trade window, they put their item in, you put your gold in, and they remove their item a split second before you click accept. Thus, you just gave them what you were offering but got nothing in return.

The devs/GMs appear to see this as "working as intended" and won't return your gold/items that were unjustly taken from you. Most other MMOs address this by forcing the trade to cancel if one party clicks accept and the other tries to change what they had offered.

I made a thread about it already

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?366861-Scamming-is-to-easy-in-this-game
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    It is yet another flaw that would be generic, common place coding in any other game. It is amazingly embarrassing.

There are scammers in every game, unfortunately.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And yet this still exists, from all the way from 2009.
    Nothing new, nothing that hasn't been brought up before.
    Like the 'Working as intended' flawless chatmuting system.
    ;)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »

Very true, however the interface in this game allows for anyone to scam. Point of fact, DDO initially in 2006 had this very issue and solved it rather rapidly with a 3 point trade interface. It's not remotely difficult and shouldn't be a point at all at this stage considering it was pointed out a million times during every stage of closed and open beta.

Shoddy work needs to be pointed out even for F2P games, because in the end somebody is paying
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Very true, however the interface in this game allows for anyone to scam. Point of fact, DDO initially in 2006 had this very issue and solved it rather rapidly with a 3 point trade interface. It's not remotely difficult and shouldn't be a point at all at this stage considering it was pointed out a million times during every stage of closed and open beta.

Shoddy work needs to be pointed out even for F2P games, because in the end somebody is paying

And Turbine was told about it during the beta's, too. Yet they waited until after launch to fix it.

Sometimes, patience is needed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Ofc but in other games usually you need programs to scamm ppl. In Neverwinter everyone can scamm and you dont even need a program to do this.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    a2ur wrote: »
    Ofc but in other games usually you need programs to scamm ppl. In Neverwinter everyone can scamm and you dont even need a program to do this.

I'm not sure what games you play that require a program to scam, but the vast majority of games I've played had pretty much the same problem as this one.....ways for the everyday person to scam. Until the companies fix it.

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying it doesn't need to be fixed, but I am saying Neverwinter isn't anything special in this category, like many of you are trying to make it out to be.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The funny thing is, is that this trade system is from their 1st (2nd) mmo champions online, which was abused there and reported about. Then they go and put the exact same thing here. I don't think they care to learn.

Hopefully they will change it. Probably not though.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Basically this sums it up. Despite all the Cryptic fanboyz screaming that it is the OP's fault they should realise that Cryptic could have easily put in a system (and still could) that would totally prevent this...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Basically this sums it up. Despite all the Cryptic fanboyz screaming that it is the OP's fault they should realise that Cryptic could have easily put in a system (and still could) that would totally prevent this...

What thread are you reading? Because noone here said it was the OP's fault, nor is anyone arguing that Cryptic cant do something to prevent it.
  • Options
    teerizzteerizz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's two sides to this argument.

Yes, it would be a good idea (in my opinion) for the developers to add some priority to adding a two-step verification for player-to-player trades. Most current-generation games offer this feature, and it makes it difficult (though not impossible) for scammers to bait and switch. At the very least, make the trade window locked so that once items or currency is added it cannot be removed unless the trade is canceled.

On the other hand, there are still plenty of steps you can take, as a savvy player, to protect yourself from this behavior. First, only conduct your trades with trustworthy players. Things to look for -

1) Low level characters
    2) Spammy, shady names
    3) "Storage" alts

If your seller has any of the above criteria, you may be at a higher risk of getting scammed. For this particular scam method, you can also wait an extra second or two before blazing through the trade process to see if the person tries to remove their items.

Most gaming companies I've participate with do NOT reimburse players who willingly trade items away. It is almost always the player's responsibility to keep and maintain their items. Unfortunately, while this seems heartless, it's necessary to ensure that the customer support staff has adequate time to handle the variety of issues coming in. It sucks, but there's never enough time for GMs nowadays to give thorough, undivided attention to every single player sending in a ticket.

Sorry for the rant, hope it helped.
    ~ Signature goes here ~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And Turbine was told about it during the beta's, too. Yet they waited until after launch to fix it.

Sometimes, patience is needed.

That was a 2005-2006 game at launch. If anything, the MMO design industry learns from the past mistakes. A 2013 game has no excuse for failing this basic exercise.

And to follow up on your later post, yes it is embarrassing for Cryptic to not have a 3 point trade system. But then again, maybe it IS beyond their capability given the debacle that is the que system.

It's ok to agree with a failing of Cryptic....really, it is! I promise it won't hurt
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

This is an old issue with the Cryptic Engine and as has been posted above was seen in both CO and STO.

It's more than likely that what happened was that the issue was fixed in CO and STO by their dev teams and not passed on to the devs who work on the core engine code.

The NW devs saw the bug was fixed in CO and STO, assumed that the core engine code was patched for it and never checked for the bug.

Of course, now the code in NW has probably diverged enough from the code STO and CO use that the fix can't just be copied over and the NW devs are working from scratch to fix it.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think that is fixed in CO, no idea about STO.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I am not quite understanding here, I have traded with people all over the place, I put it in the box and wait for them to put their item in the box that we are trading and wait for them to accept before I click accept, if they dont we dont trade, seems quite simple to me, because both parties do have to accept a trade.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That was a 2005-2006 game at launch. If anything, the MMO design industry learns from the past mistakes. A 2013 game has no excuse for failing this basic exercise.

And to follow up on your later post, yes it is embarrassing for Cryptic to not have a 3 point trade system. But then again, maybe it IS beyond their capability given the debacle that is the que system.

It's ok to agree with a failing of Cryptic....really, it is! I promise it won't hurt

You haven't played very many MMO's, have you? Because players say this same exact thing in every game at launch. "Why didn't this game learn from _____'s mistakes??"

If this was the case, then no game released since the early 90's would have any problems, right? Do you really think the game companies just call each other up, ask where things went wrong, and how they fixed it?

Do you represent Cryptic to the point that you can confidently say they are "embarrassed" by this? If so, please provide a link of them saying so.

And I'm sure it doesn't hurt to agree with the failing of Cryptic. After reading many of your posts, you seem to get great pleasure from it.