test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So new expansion will have 5 elf races and no archer ranger?

soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So there will be in the new expansion 5 playable elf race:

Elves
Half elves
Drow elfes for founders
Sun elfes
Moon elfes

Five elf race, and there will be no archer ranger "class" / or any new class. Only i think its a bit strange or stupid?
Post edited by soulwhisp on

Comments

• Options
    a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    who said that to you? oO
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is that so bad? Just enjoy the game right now. They'll announce the new class when it's ready for testing. I'd prefer a good one than a half-baked one released early because people asked for it.
    a2ur wrote: »
    who said that to you? oO
    Here
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, look at it from a design standpoint - they already have character models for elves, so all they'll have to do is adjust the color palette for skin and hair colors a bit, and the stat stuff is entries in a database...

A new class would require a lot more work, hence why it won't be out as quickly. Since the Moon and Sun elves are a key part of this update, adding them as races also means they get more mileage for the work they're already putting into it...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is that so bad? Just enjoy the game right now. They'll announce the new class when it's ready for testing. I'd prefer a good one than a half-baked one released early because people asked for it.

Here

No who said there wont be archer rangers? Just because it isnt listed now doesnt mean it cant be added later.
  • Options
    glowemberglowember Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What you see listed there as new features isn't the final list. If I were designing a game, I wouldn't announce everything right up front. So don't lose hope. Trust me, I really want to see Ranger added to the class list myself, but I'm not going to rage quit if it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree - having 5 (or 4.5) types of Elves after the expansion hits does really annoy me - because by the same mindset you might as well let us play half-Dwarves and Duergar. There's tons of races from the Feywild you could use; in 4e there's Pixies, Hamadryads and Satyr for example.
  • Options
    shaalshaal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well , there is not any news about new class . So we should not expect anything so far.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I readed some topics and i think players should not rageing about why there is no new class, because the game has just been recently lunched!
    I am too not arguing against why there is no class. Im arguing against why 5 elfes and no archers? I think this is the stupidest idea i ever heard.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    I readed some topics and i think players should not rageing about why there is no new class, because the game has just been recently lunched!
    I am too not arguing against why there is no class. Im arguing against why 5 elfes and no archers? I think this is the stupidest idea i ever heard.
    We apologize, but due to the surging number of Do'Urdens in the lands of Faerun, mass panic has struck the populace. Fletchers across the land overnight dropped their crafts and took up WEAPONSMITHING in order to meet such high demands for bladed weapons. With all the new weaponsmiths working for days without rest, the ALCHEMY market is also booming due to the need for energy boosting drinks.

Therefore, bows are in very low supply and only seem to be available on the black market not available to the mainstream populace. Hence. No rangers

/bow.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    We apologize, but due to the surging number of Do'Urdens in the lands of Faerun, mass panic has struck the populace. Fletchers across the land overnight dropped their crafts and took up WEAPONSMITHING in order to meet such high demands for bladed weapons. With all the new weaponsmiths working for days without rest, the ALCHEMY market is also booming due to the need for enerugy boosting drinks.

Therefore, bows are in very low supply and only seem to be available on the black market not available to the mainstream populace. Hence. No rangers

/bow.

+1 made me laugh
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Here

LoL. It's been ready for a half of a year. It's not being implemented for now for the obvious reasons. Ching!
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shaal wrote: »
    Well , there is not any news about new class . So we should not expect anything so far.

Have you been asleep....oh...nm, I see your join date....Knowing is the half the battle!