test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scamming is to easy in this game

a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you guys planning to do something with the trade scammers that take items out of the trade window just before the other player accept the trade? Seriously is it so hard to do one simple fix? After player take items out of the trade window he should not be able to push accept button for next 10 seconds.
Post edited by a2ur on

Comments

• Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's been quite a few threads about this, good idea on the delay.
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Must we reinvent the wheel? This problem has been solved in MMOs already. My advice for the game designers: when you're a little unsure of the ramifications of how you're setting something up (like trades, dungeon queues, etc.) you really should just copy what longer-lived MMOs are doing. Make that your baseline and then make any needed F2P changes after that.

There's no shame in a little video game plagiarizing, it's how they all (as a whole) get better over time.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should post this in the bug section to get the attention of a dev. Posting it in General Discussion may cause it to be overlooked.

Hopefully the devs address this in the next patch, i have had a friend fall victim to one of these scams.
  • Options
    a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    You should post this in the bug section to get the attention of a dev. Posting it in General Discussion may cause it to be overlooked.

Hopefully the devs address this in the next patch, i have had a friend fall victim to one of these scams.

I'm pretty sure they know about this problem. It's not something that exist from 1 day or a week. People get scammed like this from open beta launch. I just don't understand why they didn't fix it yet. They have time for fixing much less important things but they don't have time for fixing major problems. This should be fixed after first thread/ticket.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a2ur wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they know about this problem. It's not something that exist from 1 day or a week. People get scammed like this from open beta launch. I just don't understand why they didn't fix it yet. They have time for fixing much less important things but they don't have time for fixing major problems. This should be fixed after first thread/ticket.

I wasn't saying they didn't know about the problem. I was saying that this is considered a bug and there is a better place for this thread than general discussion.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As in other games, when you remove something from the window, the accept button resets. It's easy, and should be implemented immediately.

They really need to concentrate on fixing these things now. A lot less tickets would be opened if there was less scamming, and buggy gaming, happening. Forget the zen store for awhile. Get those people on fixing bugs. Have them help out, even if it's just getting coffee.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Are you guys planning to do something with the trade scammers that take items out of the trade window just before the other player accept the trade? Seriously is it so hard to do one simple fix? After player take items out of the trade window he should not be able to push accept button for next 10 seconds.

Don't push trade too fast... wait for the other guy to place their offer then press accept.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Haven't long established MMO's already implemented safe player-to-player trade processes?

I can't recall the MMO name... but I there was one which Player A entered his item first and then hit a key to lock their trade window. When Player B saw Player A's trade window locked with the agreed item in the trade slot... Player B would enter their cash and hit a key to lock their trade window. It was only at this point, with both player's trade windows now locked, Player A would have to finalize the trade by hitting their "Accept" button. Voila! Trade completed and everyone happy.

Too bad it doesn't work this way in this game.
  • Options
    drquinchdrquinch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Put in a ticket, one prolly will not do anything. But if the player is doing this kind of thing a lot.....banhamster time
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As in other games, when you remove something from the window, the accept button resets. It's easy, and should be implemented immediately.

Completely agree. I just can't understand how this is still a problem.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Ya, that's what it was I was trying to remember... the reset of the accept button if either player removes their item/cash from their respective trade window. That was it. Thanks.
  • Options
    ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    This does not suprise me at all. A lot of problems that have already been solved in other MMO's are rampant here. Unfinished game is unfinished. Maybe they should pull a FFXIV, and finish the game with a re-release.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drquinch wrote: »
    Put in a ticket, one prolly will not do anything. But if the player is doing this kind of thing a lot.....banhamster time

Nope - every single response has been that GMs cannot do anything in these situations.
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Although i do agree with you but scamming isn't really against the game rules as if it's hacking. You just have to be smart about who you trade with and don't go for the trades that seem to good to be true.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drquinch wrote: »

Like another guy said. Scamming isn't something that a GM cant ban you for. The only person to blame for being scammed is the person that is being scammed.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Can't you report player behavior for trade abuse?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Can't you report player behavior for trade abuse?

You can tell the GM about a guy scamming you and they can probably put in a trade fix like the 10sec delay. Other than that they can't do anything. Scamming is just being tricky at trading.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Putting an extra Accept button in a separate popup, and block focus to the trade window should do it. Even if there is a huge lag, it wouldn't be possible to remove the object...
  • Options
    dopeboiidopeboii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    Haven't long established MMO's already implemented safe player-to-player trade processes?

I can't recall the MMO name... but I there was one which Player A entered his item first and then hit a key to lock their trade window. When Player B saw Player A's trade window locked with the agreed item in the trade slot... Player B would enter their cash and hit a key to lock their trade window. It was only at this point, with both player's trade windows now locked, Player A would have to finalize the trade by hitting their "Accept" button. Voila! Trade completed and everyone happy.

On-Topic: Yeah, basically adding a second check is more often than not a simpler way of handling the trade. Although I'm not sure how difficult it is to code in, as I don't handle software/developing/etc.

Off-Topic: Ermagerd it's that one Guild! Man, I ran with this Guild once in a Party, and dang, a lot of the players were so really awesome in PvE, excluding me of course. <This is a message from Loot, and I approve this message.>
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Loot, you rock bud. Don't forget that, ever.

P.S. Dragon Prophet > playing a NWO Rogue (post-secondary nerf)?
  • Options
    vokehollowvokehollow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same happend to me, today i wanted to trade 38 coalescent wards + 1 greater vorpal for 1 perfect vorpal, with this non proper working trade window i lost my items and didnt got his vorpal, he realy ripped me off, seconds after that happend he was offline, name and email changed
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    draemorin wrote: »

I came to this game from another of PW's games, namely Forsaken World.
    This is the system they employ in trading with other players.
    You and the other player,have to both lock, then click trade before anything moves.
    I see no reason, why it couldn't be implemented in this game.

Edit: Forgot to say that once the window is locked, it cannot be unlocked.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if you're having issues with the trade function, there is a bug thread open here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?520831-Fix-Trade-Loophole

please use that as well as submitting GM reports in-game. GM Help > Behavior function, or use the support website (Customer Service > Report Violation)

thank you.
  • Options
    armeanianarmeanian Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Firstly I'm sorry to hear about people who get scammed, by players who come into the game for that purpose, but having been burnt once before, i'd do what krumple said for a way to do player trades, and a double security measure, and Always Screenshot the trade ... o.o
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Closed per the above moderator notice. Please direct all inquiries about being scammed through the ingame reporting system or the support website. Thanks!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.