test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash when managing bank

corpuntcorpunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I crash a lot when managing items in my bank. Happens when I move stuff around, from inv to bank, and vice versa. Anyone else having this issue? Get program not responding --> forces me to force close the client.
Post edited by corpunt on

Comments

• sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have had this happen as well. The client freezes when I moved an item from the bank to my inventory - had to restart 4 times to get armor out I had put away
  • disturbed101291disturbed101291 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem, crashes several times when I do anything bank related.
  • jpsqqjpsqq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem since 2 or 3 days. Everytime I want to switch something from my bank or to my bank the game freezes and I have to restart the game :/
  • jimmyjamesrosjimmyjamesros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wish they would fix this bug it gets very old having to log back in every time I move one item.
  • jody1990jody1990 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everytime I just ACCESS the bank I crash... fix plz...
  • ibaffoibaffo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump, I have the same problem
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, this happens all the time. Probably a 50:50 chance of my client freezing every time I access the personal bank.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • leapstrykeleapstryke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is seriously getting old. I can't manage my bank at all because I crash every time I move something. I don't care what's causing it - get us a fix, please.
  • lsorcererlsorcerer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same problem here, NW crashes when i try to move some from my bank into my character stash. very annoying because my level box is in the bank.

is being looked into? or are we just complaining amongst players here? (in other words: are these bug reports read by developers?)
  • ackcheckolfackcheckolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Work arround":

1. Press Ctrl+Alt-Del
    2. Start "Task Manager"
    3. Wait some secs
    4. Tab back in game

For me this works, freeze stops

System is Win8 64
  • lsorcererlsorcerer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    surprisingly enough this actually worked for me as well, thanks
  • hubcityhubcity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think anyone from tech support reads these pages, or they don't really care. I urge you all to file a trouble ticket through the support page. I frequently crash in Protector's Enclave, where the bank is also located. The only way I can reduce the frequency of crashes is to start the game in Safe Mode from the launch screen options. I submitted a trouble ticket weeks ago and while they occassionally ask for more information, nothing seems to get fixed. I should not have to run my system in minimal graphic mode to avoid the crashes in Protector's Enclave, when I can run in full beautiful graphics mode in other maps.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks all, we're looking into this!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • chronosdkchronosdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a problem i have reported several times since day one of the game.
    I seriously think i can find 150+ crashes in my win8 application logs, happens most of the time at the bank, which forces me to not go near the bank at all.

These crashes happens for me even if I'm near the bank. :(
    edited August 2013
    "Work arround":

1. Press Ctrl+Alt-Del
    2. Start "Task Manager"
    3. Wait some secs
    4. Tab back in game

For me this works, freeze stops

System is Win8 64

Quoting myself this doesn
    edited August 2013
    Forum seems broken too...

Quoting myself this doesn
  • oc007ooc007o Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Imagine that this is happening on xbox ones release. I can't even open inventory and its crashing let alone anything to do with it. Auctions, selling to merchants, trading with other plays. Soon as i try to open it it crashes. 2 years later!
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has happened a few times for me as well. But it's not only while doing bank transfers.
    A work around that seems to stop the server time out from totally disconnecting me is to hit ALT then move my mouse over to my other screen for a few seconds until I see the server time out message vanish. This would only apply to those who have 2 monitors hooked to their PC
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**