test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Battle Cleric a Paragon Path, not a new Class

wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Derivates of Classes should be made Paragon Paths and not new classes. Who from the majority of the playerbase can be arsed to level a new toon trough the same boring content just to have have something that fills a similar spot to what he allready got? I think many who stopped to play couse there is no content and GG is sad joke would come back.. i would not mind if changing paragon class would make u loose some levels or something like that, or open paragon levels prefferably..so u would end up beeing 60 + say 20 levels of paragon class but not a new toon from 0 pls.

thoughts?
Post edited by wingsfor on

Comments

• neckdemonneckdemon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah problem with leveling new toon sin this game is there i snothing new to see AT ALL. its the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    Derivates of Classes should be made Paragon Paths and not new classes. Who from the majority of the playerbase can be arsed to level a new toon trough the same boring content just to have have something that fills a similar spot to what he allready got?

Where did you get the information that new derivatives/Paragons would require levelling from scratch? You have to choose your Paragon Path when you respec... It seems obvious, without further information, that,

1. A class derivative would be a Paragon Path.
    2. Paragon Path only requires a respec.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 clerics One dps, one healing. It is perfectly possible with the current paragon to make a dps specced cleric that does alot of damage. Look in the thread on this form about it.

Now if they made a new paragon path that was even more devoted to damage dealing I'd take that for sure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Where did you get the information that new derivatives/Paragons would require levelling from scratch? You have to choose your Paragon Path when you respec... It seems obvious, without further information, that,

1. A class derivative would be a Paragon Path.
    2. Paragon Path only requires a respec.

i have deducted it from the fact that while u level up, some poweres are "in the dark" and it just says paragon power.
    ur at wills etc are like there are from level 1 etc. maybe bad thinking from me, thx for correcting.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A battle cleric will likely be a new class, just as Great Weapon Fighters and Guardian Fighters are different classes in the game.
    The Paragon Path only changes a few powers. To have melee at-wills from the start for example will need a completely new Powers Tree, not just a new Paragon Path option.
  • elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it would most likely have to be a new class as the powers and feats used and initial attributes are different for a battle cleric. eg I dont see at-will "recovery strike" being available for me to use anywhere.
  • hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Divine Cleric is the Battle Cleric, the next Paragon path should be for a REAL healer.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hamji wrote: »
    The Divine Cleric is the Battle Cleric, the next Paragon path should be for a REAL healer.
    What do you mean by "real healer"?
    Remember that 4th ed, and likely thus NWO doesn't do nannybots: responsibility for some healing is on the other players. You're not going to get a class that will be able to just do nothing but stand at the back and spam heals like some other MMOs.
    In DDO for example, there is a lot of talk about how clerics don't want to be healbots.

It sounds like the Battle Cleric people are hoping for means a melee-leader rather than caster-leader type.