test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do profession tools work?

felixng2013felixng2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just bought a basic infantry armor for the leadership profession. Does the bonus apply automatically? Do they stack if the tools are different? For example, do the two different commons and two uncommon tools stack?

I am not sure how it works.
Post edited by felixng2013 on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The bonuses only apply when you 'slot' them into the crafting task. However, they do stack, so if you can slot them all, they'll all work.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • felixng2013felixng2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you slot them into the ones where you get rough astral diamonds? For some reason I only get the craftsman option for those.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At higher skill levels, when making Rare items, you get the option to add profession tools into various slots to add 'umph!' to the final product. They give you the chance to attempt to make better items than the 'base' rare item. But you can only use them on those certain, rare (Blue) items that you can make.
  • xyjamesw1488xyjamesw1488 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    At higher skill levels, when making Rare items, you get the option to add profession tools into various slots to add 'umph!' to the final product. They give you the chance to attempt to make better items than the 'base' rare item. But you can only use them on those certain, rare (Blue) items that you can make.

Are the assets reusable, such as the Infantry Armor and Weapons? I have yet to jump into crafting due to my fear of cost of entry.
  • stoxbox1stoxbox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone tell me how much quality is needed to get the rank 3 results to open that crafting slot?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the assets reusable, such as the Infantry Armor and Weapons? I have yet to jump into crafting due to my fear of cost of entry.

Assets are reusable. Resources are not.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stoxbox1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much quality is needed to get the rank 3 results to open that crafting slot?
    101% Quality = 1% chance at Rank 3.
  • l33tstuffl33tstuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't mean to necro this post but couldn't find any information about "Basic Infantry Armor" and what it effects exactly, I get the other professions and the ranks of results but never seen that in Leadership