test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buyers Beware: Neverwinter Founder's Pack

mrbloodybartucmrbloodybartuc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm not here to spread misinformation, or scare anyone. I'm here to tell you a personal story, a story that I feel you need to read if you are considering purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack.
I purchased a Guardian Founder's Pack a week ago. After reading that my purchase had gone through, both via my bank and the PWE transaction history tab, I logged into the game to see my new stuff. After searching through my Neverwinter account for my new items/benefits, I realized that nothing had been added to my account.

So, I searched the internet for an answer to my problem and found that some others have had similar problems. Once I read that, I headed to the support page to open a ticket. I explained my situation, then hit send.

The first thing I received was an automated response that asked me to check out a number of links to see if they could help me with my problem. None of them had any semblance of relevance to my problem, so I continued to wait.

A few more days went by and no response. My money was still removed from my bank and I have nothing to show for it on my account. So, I opened another ticket, this time via the in game client. I iterated everything that has happened thus far, and I'm still waiting for a response to either of my tickets.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to everyone, or even a large amount of people. What I'm saying is that there is a chance that you could spend money on something that you may not receive as soon as you may like and you may not even get indication that they will resolve the problem. I do understand that there are a lot of tickets being sent in every day, and the load is a hard one to bear. I get that. But, when someone spends money on a product, receives nothing in return and there isn't any indication that the problem has even been looked at... well, that is unacceptable.

So please, keep this in mind if you are thinking about purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack.

Just to be clear
Do I think that I'll receive what I paid for? Yes, I (hope I) do.

But, the manner in which I'll have received it is not how business should be handled and is a negative mark on my personal dealings with PWE and Cryptic. One that others should know about, so when and if it happens to them, they speak out as well. Hopefully, this will reduce the number of times this situation happens to others.

EDIT: My issue has been resolved, not by customer support, not even via this thread, but as a fluke. You may as well read on anyways if you are interested in reading what others have to say on this subject.
Post edited by mrbloodybartuc on

Comments

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you apply it to your account? I think there's an additional step which involves that. (Yes, Neverwinter and PWE uses separate accounts. Don't ask me why.)
  • Options
    mrbloodybartucmrbloodybartuc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After reading through the information on Neverwinter Founder's Packs, I have not seen any mention of the need to do so, or the means to do so.

If you could explain how I would go about doing that, to see if that in fact is the problem, I would be very grateful. If that is the case, I will retract my original post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I believe you have to go through the PWE page, and check for game accounts. Honestly can't remember clearly at this point.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do realize that if you purchase any sort of founders pack you wont receive anything to your account right? it gets mailed to you automatically once you create a new character, once you get the item from the mail you open it and you get all the stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you do realize that if you purchase any sort of founders pack you wont receive anything to your account right? it gets mailed to you automatically once you create a new character, once you get the item from the mail you open it and you get all the stuff.

Ah yes, this too. Most benefits are mailed to every character upon completion of tutorial quests, or automatically if you've already done them (completion of tutorial being having spoken to serg knot for the first time and opened that chest). Astral Diamonds are sent to the account balance, accessible through Zen/AD exchange. One per account benefit is obtained from founder's merchant, check the map for location of person; it's near the area where you get your casual clothes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The only thing I've realized is that the game has sent me no indication that my founder's pack has been applied to my Neverwinter account (this is the "account" I've intended this whole time, not my PWE account). There has been no mail, no third character slot, nothing. On another note, I shouldn't have to delete an existing character (level 10 and 29, both past the "rags to riches" quest) to create a new one, just to get the mail you've mentioned.

I've also checked the Founders Merchant and the currency tab for AD, there's nothing there either. I've done everything that is expected of you already.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can always pick up Founder's bonus items from the Founder vendor, so you don't need to reroll.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to delete any character. If it's applied, you should have the 3rd account slot regardless; it means that it simply isn't applied properly... which is odd, since you did get that email. Separately, try speaking to the founder's merchant, and see if you can get the items from there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    If it's applied, you should have the 3rd account slot regardless; it means that it simply isn't applied properly... which is odd, since you did get that email.

This is the issue I'm posting on. Hell, the third character slot has been the main thing I've been checking this whole time. Along with all of the other factors such as the mail, Founder's vendor and my AD count. Nothing listed here has be enabled for me.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the issue I'm posting on. Hell, the third character slot has been the main thing I've been checking this whole time. Along with all of the other factors such as the mail, Founder's vendor and my AD count. Nothing listed here has be enabled for me.

I think it's been clear for a while that they majorly messed up your transaction. When they finally get you sorted out, they really need to give you something extra for your trouble.

(A 15%-off Zen coupon won't cut it, Cryptic. Try harder.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I'm not here to spread misinformation, or scare anyone. I'm here to tell you a personal story, a story that I feel you need to read if you are considering purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to everyone, or even a large amount of people. What I'm saying is that there is a chance that you could spend money on something that you may not receive as soon as you may like and you may not even get indication that they will resolve the problem. I do understand that there are a lot of tickets being sent in every day, and the load is a hard one to bear. I get that. But, when someone spends money on a product, receives nothing in return and there isn't any indication that the problem has even been looked at... well, that is unacceptable.

So please, keep this in mind if you are thinking about purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack.

Just to be clear
    Do I think that I'll receive what I paid for? Yes, I (hope I) do.

But, the manner in which I'll have received it is not how business should be handled and is a negative mark on my personal dealings with PWE and Cryptic. One that others should know about, so when and if it happens to them, they speak out as well. Hopefully, this will reduce the number of times this situation happens to others.

Good luck my buddy is still is waiting on his petition from being answered from day 1.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ah, the redeem key, that's the thing I was thinking off. (that applies the pack to your account)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »

Thank you for posting that, but yes I've gone through it twice now.
    lyokira wrote: »
    Ah, the redeem key, that's the thing I was thinking off. (that applies the pack to your account)

Where do I find this redeem key? It says in the link that bluedarky posted (I'll quote it below) that there is no key to activate a founder's pack. Am I misunderstanding something?
    Where is my Key!?
    -Applied to your account the second you purchase a Founders Pack. You do not need to manually type in a key for your account.

But then it says this,
    Where is my in game stuff?
    -Make sure a Founders Pack has been applied to your account on this page..

So I'm not sure. I'd check the original email I received after I had purchased the Pack, but I no longer have access to that email and I switched this (PWE) account to another email after the transaction. Is there a way to resend the initial sales email to a newly registered email account? Or is there even anything that is needed on the sales email other than the receipt?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... just searching through my emails.. (note: Outlook sucks)

Did you get any email with the title "Your Neverwinter Founders Pack Transaction Is Not Complete!‏" from email@email.perfectworld.com? It directs you to https://billing.perfectworld.com/neverwinterguardian/complete to complete the transaction. If you did then, I dunno.

(Also, the redeem key page should state that you redeemed a key for the founder's pack if it's applied, just confirming, is it stated there?)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the help lyokira. The billing page says this,
    59.99 USD 13-05-09 ***************** completed - Your transaction was successfully completed.

Go figure, I look on the redeem key page, the fifth time tonight, and now it is showing that my Pack is enabled. The time it was redeemed? 10 minutes ago...
    May-14-2013 09:14PM - Key Redeemed: Guardian of Neverwinter Pack

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad it is resolved, as far as I can tell. Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
  • Options
    cattatoniacattatonia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well I purchased the big package. 200.00 and I still haven't gotten an email. they money is taken out of my account but no email with a code or anything else. no response from them at all. not cool. at this point I am ready to do a dispute with my financial institution and be done. very disappointing. spending 200 bucks on a game is worth it if the game supports issues when they arise. I am seeing a lot of people having issues with this same thing. my hubs got his no problem 30 minutes before me. for them to not respond is very unprofessional and does not bode well for longevity if this is how paying clients are treated.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With apologies to the Beastie Boys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK6ZcWbg20k

Weeeeeellll here’s a little story I’ve got to tell
    About the Neverwinter Founders pack you know so well
    It started way back in history with Cryptic, my wallet and pee-dubuh-you-ee

Been made a little payment to a game I play
    Just me and my game lookin’ to play all day
    Checking in my mail
    took my payment without fail
    But they won’t give me the founders pack
    I think they might bail

One lonely customer I be
    Asking for support without no-body
    The problem’s beating down on my thinking hat
    My collar’s getting hot
    My eyes are getting flat
    Looking through the posts
    I’m the same as most
    They put down their money
    And said they got a ghost

They told a little story
    That sounded well rehearsed
    Two weeks in the que
    And this support is the worst
    The keys were at my fingers
    The thought was in my head
    I wanted to be heard
    And so I made my own thread
  • Options
    shaun5150shaun5150 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im in the same boat mate..... waiting
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    With apologies to the Beastie Boys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK6ZcWbg20k

Weeeeeellll here’s a little story I’ve got to tell
    About the Neverwinter Founders pack you know so well
    It started way back in history with Cryptic, my wallet and pee-dubuh-you-ee

Been made a little payment to a game I play
    Just me and my game lookin’ to play all day
    Checking in my mail
    took my payment without fail
    But they won’t give me the founders pack
    I think they might bail

One lonely customer I be
    Asking for support without no-body
    The problem’s beating down on my thinking hat
    My collar’s getting hot
    My eyes are getting flat
    Looking through the posts
    I’m the same as most
    They put down their money
    And said they got a ghost

They told a little story
    That sounded well rehearsed
    Two weeks in the que
    And this support is the worst
    The keys were at my fingers
    The thought was in my head
    I wanted to be heard
    And so I made my own thread

THis is the answer! lol ;p
  • Options
    ronnypaulie82ronnypaulie82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so bloody you got ur pack? Im having the same problem as you exactly the same...please any advice on how you fixed it?
  • Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a billing issue and when you get to the screen where the payment is finalized, you are given a phone number to contact billing if there are any problems. When you sent your ticket, did you send it to the billing support or to customer support? They are completely separate departments.
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    took them forever to apply it to my account too. To add insult to injury, I paid for it just before the deadline to get the founder's title. It was "Processing" forever and when it was applied after the deadline so no title because they dated it to when it finished processing, not to when it actually was ordered and the money deducted from my account... *mutters*
  • Options
    despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Member Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lol Does nobody use a phone anymore ? if they say "you can only contact us by tickets" and your dumb enough to listen then I don't know what to say, thats YOUR 200 Smackeroos, I'd call Cryptic, and if I couldn't find their number I'd hire an amazonian turk to do it for like 1 dollar. Better believe he'd find their number probably to their office. (amazonian turks are guys who get information for super cheap prices, its a job that gives you like 60 cents to a dollar to do things for anyone, and your racing against other turks, winner takes the prize. might not seem like a lot but people who are good at it can make as much money as they're capable of making [be it 100 dollars a day or more] depending on how much effort they're putting in) ON TOP of me looking in google for their companies (cryptic and pwes) address so I can request their number or even look it up in the yellow pages... come on people I know its 2013 and all but don't forget there are other ways of getting things done.