test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags

qaetaqaeta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Personally, $10 is too much for a single bag on a single character. I realize that Cryptic needs to make money, but honestly, that is INSANELY high. No if buying that bag gave you one on every character, THEN I could definitely be enticed. Or just make them like $1-2.
Post edited by qaeta on

Comments

• Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would prefer if the bags/containers can be made through profession too on top of the zen store. Players can then buy the bag for $10 if they cannot wait, or buy with AD if they can wait.

I will not see it happening though.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Bags and bank slots are way, way, WAY too expensive. The prices are honestly laughable.
  • Options
    muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think $10 for the bags are ok. They aren't bind on equip. So you can take 2-3 bags and toss em' between characters via mail.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. You go to Rift or Tera and the prices for the most part are pretty fair. Hell, in Rift you can buy almost anything in the cash shop with in game gold.
  • Options
    xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    The bags are also too small for that price. the $10 one is smaller than your backpack. If it was larger I may consider it, but not likely. $10 for 1 bag is a bit much. I have paid more in other games, but each of those bags were as big if not larger than the basic backpack. (there were less items to collect also)

In all honesty I wouldn't have an issue if the bag size was increased by 100%. (24 and 48 slot) The thing that takes up most of my bag space is crafting projects, enchant/rune stones, and vanity items.

On a side note enchant/rune stones should have there own tab like craft does.
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i dont mind the price, but they are too small for what you spend. Oh well i guess i dont to need to be a pack rat.
  • Options
    gridburngridburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xanquil wrote: »

On a side note enchant/rune stones should have there own tab like craft does.

I agree, it's pains me that I spent $10 on a bag that I now use ONLY to carry enchants.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    muratoyo wrote: »
    I think $10 for the bags are ok. They aren't bind on equip. So you can take 2-3 bags and toss em' between characters via mail.

Are you sure they aren't bind on equip?

Can someone else (preferably a Dev) confirm this, as if they aren't I might actually buy a couple of couple.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i dont mind the price, but they are too small for what you spend. Oh well i guess i dont to need to be a pack rat.

What server you on dave?
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My opinion on bag space....It is greedy as fk that they would limit bag space to begin with let alone try to force people to buy bags with IRL cash...this is 2013 people why the **** do you want to buy a bag in a game......WHY should we have to?

These greedy tactics are just way out of control in f2p gaming, yeah we can join the game for FREE but its not really free if you want to enjoy it...Ive seen a huge amount of Q-Q about this, i myself have been able to handle the small bag space.

This is my bags contents - 5 injury kits (that's all you need)
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    The bag situation is yea ridiculous. They have the most antiquated inventory system ever. Quest items are put in MY bag space which apparently I have to pay for for every inadequate slot. NO bags drop, horrible. GW2 is a much better free to play game for gods sake. I am really disgusted.

I bought both founders packs and I am now asked to pay for bags just to even make this game playable? Like how many runes are there? 20? Then there are like 8 levels of each rune, then there are al the quest garbage, the seals, the alternate currencies. Its BS. Seals and quets items need to be put in a UNLIMITED allocated tab. quit taking up my inventroy space with it. Then you have the profession kits, potions of all kinds, its RIDICULOUS.

It needs a fix.
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    My opinion on bag space....It is greedy as fk that they would limit bag space to begin with let alone try to force people to buy bags with IRL cash...this is 2013 people why the **** do you want to buy a bag in a game......WHY should we have to?

These greedy tactics are just way out of control in f2p gaming, yeah we can join the game for FREE but its not really free if you want to enjoy it...Ive seen a huge amount of Q-Q about this, i myself have been able to handle the small bag space.

This is my bags contents - 5 injury kits (that's all you need)

Last night I was so infuriated with bag space, I had been qued for like over an hour for a dungeon, it pops right as I am finishing a solo dungeon, and I am frantically trying to find bag space for the item the boss dropped and to get another spot for the chest item that spawned. ....and I did not want to have to reque.

I manage to delete some piece of garbage grab the boss item, then run to chest open, won't let me loot..no space...so I frantically look in my inventory to get something to delete and booom....I get ported to dungeon instance...missed the loot, and worse than that I have to redo the entire solo dungeon.

That will make you freaking mad.....Cryptic quit being so greedy, had I known you would do this I would have never dropped a dime on your game. Its just like all the "free" Android games...I avoid those like the plague...and thanks to companies like Cryptic F2P MMOs should be ostracized in the same manner.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While, yes, the bags are a bit on the high side (I think 6-8 would be fine)...
    qaeta wrote: »
    if buying that bag gave you one on every character, THEN I could definitely be enticed. Or just make them like $1-2.

...this would be ludicrously cheaper than the bags in just about every other game out there that sells them. People would have their arguments taken better if they didn't go so ridiculously far in the opposite direction - it just gets written off as "eh, irrational expectations; these players won't be satisfied with anything we could do, so no point in trying to make a deal."

(re:"they're too small".... really, the bags are quite large. And anyway, the size isn't an issue, it's just a case of $/space. So making them cheaper would make the "size" better - unless, of course, filling all bag spaces on a character still left you with not enough space. Which I know isn't true, one additional bag on my "main" was just fine through level 60. And now I can mail that bag to whichever upper-level alt I happen to be focusing on.)

All of that said, I found a somewhat cheaper/better way to deal with cargo space. Yeah, I have one bag, but I also bought two character slots for 500zen, and made two "mule" characters. One for enchants, one for runes. Leveled up through lv8, they have a good amount of bag space. Just have to stop by the mailbox more often. (and as an extra bonus, level the mules to lv11, and they can both craft additional AD with leadership, and invoke for more AD & celestial coins.)
  • Options
    thandoblrthandoblr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One would have to be a raging fanboy to excuse the pricing of some of the things in NV - the bags being one of the foremost.
    I too find the prices quite greedy... Apparently it's better to cater to the few whales than all the rest of us.

It's "small" things like this that triggers a full-blown stubbornness in me; I'm not going to spend a single dime on anything, having fun while it lasts while looking for something else, keeping watch on what else is on the horizon.
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    Personally, $10 is too much for a single bag on a single character. I realize that Cryptic needs to make money, but honestly, that is INSANELY high. No if buying that bag gave you one on every character, THEN I could definitely be enticed. Or just make them like $1-2.

Especially when in a sub based game you pay $15 a month for access to everything (including all the bag space you want) Paying $10 for one bag seems a little absurd, and they ask this while also asking $30 for mounts? Not to mention the amounts you need to pay to progress at a reasonable rate with crafting. *sigh* OH BUT! It's a FREE TO PLAYOMG!!! JFC. When will this mush for brains generation realize that 10+30+25+15+10 =/= $15 a month??? F my Life.

AND THEN!! $200 for "the best" package?? Opposed to buying a digital version of a Buy to Play or Pay to play for $60. NOT ONLY do they ask you pay $200, they tell you it's actually worth $300!!! OMG i never laughed so hard in my life. I seriously thought that i was at a prank site. Who the f*ck decided the value?/ Oh god *wipestear* it is so hilarious.

F*CK! *jay&silentbob rant*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chbangerchbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I agree the prices for bag/vault space is high, also (and this has been talked about in so many other threads) the Zen prices are high in general.

IF you decide to spend real money.

I think what causes the Zen prices to be so high is the Zen to AD trading. With that market you never need spend a single penny on this game, you have to spend a lot of time, play the AH and Zen/AD market, but those savvy enough or with enough free time will get what they want.

I think they need to break that connection and offer all the Zen store items in the AD store, this way the prices in the Zen store can be adjusted so that those willing to spend money can feel they are getting something of value and those who have the AD can continue to purchase the items they want without spending money.

The way I see it this game caters to those with copious amounts of free time and those who have extra money and here I am stuck in the mediocre middle with neither.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    I would prefer if the bags/containers can be made through profession too on top of the zen store. Players can then buy the bag for $10 if they cannot wait, or buy with AD if they can wait.
    This is the way f2p should work. Things should be available through the game itself for some effort, and for those who are flush and don't want to wait can put out the money and buy them.

And $10 is not just too much. It is exorbitant and gouging. I certainly hope this game gets wise and moves on from its greedy phase and by doing that ensuring the games longevity.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    Especially when in a sub based game you pay $15 a month for access to everything (including all the bag space you want) Paying $10 for one bag seems a little absurd, and they ask this while also asking $30 for mounts? Not to mention the amounts you need to pay to progress at a reasonable rate with crafting. *sigh* OH BUT! It's a FREE TO PLAYOMG!!! JFC. When will this mush for brains generation realize that 10+30+25+15+10 =/= $15 a month??? F my Life.

AND THEN!! $200 for "the best" package?? Opposed to buying a digital version of a Buy to Play or Pay to play for $60. NOT ONLY do they ask you pay $200, they tell you it's actually worth $300!!! OMG i never laughed so hard in my life. I seriously thought that i was at a prank site. Who the f*ck decided the value?/ Oh god *wipestear* it is so hilarious.

F*CK! *jay&silentbob rant*

Eh, most of that stuff you mention is very optional. Especially the 200 collectors/founder/etc pack. Yeah, I think it's a stupid amount of $ to put into a game.... but, then, I thought the same thing about $150+ for the Skyrim collector's edition. And neither of those things were remotely "required". Or "standard".

As for the $30 mount.... 1. that's for all your characters (if you play one, it's expensive. If you play lots of alts, it's less expensive). 2. I did just fine on a basic 50% speed mount.

Speeding up crafting? Yeah, that's pure luxury.

A bag.... well, yeah. Some kind of extra storage (whether more bank space, or a guild bank, or mailing extra junk to alts) is kind of required, once you get into the lv40+ range.

So.... sure, yes, one could spend money on those things. But unless you're some kind of obsessive min/max/powergamer/gotta-be-number-one dude, the vast majority of it truly is optional. (all hands, brace for incoming "lol fanboy" :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    It's not even about obsessive min/maxing, they made every single little quality of life item/service whatever a cash grab. *shrug* I don't get them, and that puts me at a disadvantage when compared to those who have spent the money. That is what is frustrating to me and ultimately the reason I will leave this game for the next big release =)

To each his own, it really is no big deal, it's not like cryptic is going to change their model for one person laughing in their face over it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I agree the level of blatant greed is obvious, and rarely do I use greed...because we all have to make money, but a bag should cost no more than 2 bucks at most. And its so obvious they literally overload us with items...much moreso than any MMO I have seen. I hate fighting my inventroy, and that is all you do in this game.

Its like they made their inventory as horrible as possible and then put in 10 dollar bags.....this is a good way to ruin your good faith with your players Cryptic. Once you burn that bridge you will never get another shot at it. The gamer community will make sure of it. They need to chill on this cash shop, I have spent way more than I should have on good faith...and I am still seeing where they want even more money.

Till this cash grubiness is resolved my advice to friends is stay away from this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    While, yes, the bags are a bit on the high side (I think 6-8 would be fine)...

...this would be ludicrously cheaper than the bags in just about every other game out there that sells them. People would have their arguments taken better if they didn't go so ridiculously far in the opposite direction - it just gets written off as "eh, irrational expectations; these players won't be satisfied with anything we could do, so no point in trying to make a deal."

(re:"they're too small".... really, the bags are quite large. And anyway, the size isn't an issue, it's just a case of $/space. So making them cheaper would make the "size" better - unless, of course, filling all bag spaces on a character still left you with not enough space. Which I know isn't true, one additional bag on my "main" was just fine through level 60. And now I can mail that bag to whichever upper-level alt I happen to be focusing on.)

All of that said, I found a somewhat cheaper/better way to deal with cargo space. Yeah, I have one bag, but I also bought two character slots for 500zen, and made two "mule" characters. One for enchants, one for runes. Leveled up through lv8, they have a good amount of bag space. Just have to stop by the mailbox more often. (and as an extra bonus, level the mules to lv11, and they can both craft additional AD with leadership, and invoke for more AD & celestial coins.)

Cheaper? Maybe although I can't say I've seen an example of more expensive bags in another game. Also, the bag in Neverwinter SHOULD be cheaper because they are literally THE ONLY WAY to gain more bag space in the game after getting the two quest rewards. Every other game has tons of smaller bags earnable in game with the regular currency, and often craftable as well. NW has neither.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Eh, most of that stuff you mention is very optional. Especially the 200 collectors/founder/etc pack. Yeah, I think it's a stupid amount of $ to put into a game.... but, then, I thought the same thing about $150+ for the Skyrim collector's edition. And neither of those things were remotely "required". Or "standard".

As for the $30 mount.... 1. that's for all your characters (if you play one, it's expensive. If you play lots of alts, it's less expensive). 2. I did just fine on a basic 50% speed mount.

Speeding up crafting? Yeah, that's pure luxury.

A bag.... well, yeah. Some kind of extra storage (whether more bank space, or a guild bank, or mailing extra junk to alts) is kind of required, once you get into the lv40+ range.

So.... sure, yes, one could spend money on those things. But unless you're some kind of obsessive min/max/powergamer/gotta-be-number-one dude, the vast majority of it truly is optional. (all hands, brace for incoming "lol fanboy" :rolleyes:)

For my part, I don't disagree that these things are optional. They certainly are. My point was "I have money put into Zen right now, and I'm ready to spend more once that is used. This is the value level I require in order to get me to spend." I mean, they can keep their prices high, and I will simply not give them any more money, or they can lower them and get money from me on a regular basis.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    "I have money put into Zen right now, and I'm ready to spend more once that is used. This is the value level I require in order to get me to spend."

Oh, yeah, I understand that completely. I think in similar ways usually (like, if the bags were cheaper, I'd likely have bought more...)

re: bags should be $2/etc... I've bought bags in a good number of games, it's one of the more common "quality of life" items I'll purchase in a f2p game. Generally, for decent sized bags (i.e, not 8-slots)? I'd expect to see anywhere from $4-7. Slightly cheaper for bank space, and much more expensive for "account-shared" space (I've paid up to $15 for that). The games that really bug me - and ones that I don't buy bag space in - are the ones where it's temporary. Like, "$3 for 16 bag spaces, runs out in 30 days". That kind of stuff sucks.

So, yeah - while $10 is a bit more than I'd like to see for bags.... between the decently large size (24 slots), the fact that it's not character-bound (so you won't lose it if you delete the character, unlike bank space), and the fact that you can earn zen in-game (unlike the cash currencies in many other f2ps); those factors make the $10 seem "a bit too expensive" rather than crazily over-priced. But, that's just my opinion. Obviously, other people feel differently. /shrug

(one additional thing that may be coloring my perception of the zen store value here, is that right before NWO I was trying out - big mistake! - an Aeria game. And the cash shop prices & practices there, make this one feel like a bargain flea market. Eek.)