test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else feel a bit weak after patch?

kiyusukekiyusuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Nott damage wise but defense wise? o.o

Minions are hitting me in the 400 range at level 28?

something doesnt seem quite right here :x
Post edited by kiyusuke on

Comments

• banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Funny you should say this as I mentioned something to a friend about this. I often hunt in Rothe during 'downtime' and used to use cleric until I leveled stone up and noticed with it I would never need to use any heal potions and could kill as often as fast as I found targets. Today was my first time back since the 20th patch and I noticed that I had to use more than a few heal pots and I would not have even noticed except for the view turning red as normally I am entirely carefree here. I also agree that something doesn't seem right and going by feel my damage and kill rate seems like it has been.
  • raychenfromcerritosraychenfromcerritos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I ran Idris today I got one-shot a couple times by 2+ Direhelms AoEs and the Doomwhatevers took out 90% of my health with their normal attacks, and I never die in Idris normally so I'm pretty sure there's something wrong. Resistance is still the same, but it definitely feels like I'm taking twice the damage at least.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No difference in PVP noticed.
  • aiquesacoaiquesaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I died 33 times today on hit kill in spellplague. Few times I had died on hit kill in spellplague
    Typical trickster rogue carioca (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil), always with the flash of a smile and a hidden dagger.
    19.jpg
  • kiyusukekiyusuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not talking about PvP damage thats fine xP

But PVE definitely seems like we took a Defense nerf
  • godsevermangodseverman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont play TR i play cleric but i also feel like i have to heal TR more and faster now then before
  • tiakertiaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got wiped three times on the FIRST group in the Foundry quest Tired of Being the Hero. I usually never have trouble with that. It also took me, a second TR, and a GF to do Nowhere to Hide. The boss' adds are just plain ridiculous.
  • bastadbastad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did nowhere to hide yesterday. After the first attempt, I went with more AOE and it was cake.
  • tiakertiaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AOE as a TR? Do tell. I used the build by a guy named Metzli, which I guess is a DPS build.
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is this a joke? TR still need to be properly nerfed. The bat was not swung nearly hard enough.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    Is this a joke? TR still need to be properly nerfed. The bat was not swung nearly hard enough.

stop whining, learn to play
  • alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    stop whining, learn to play

I'm sorry were you trying to say something? I couldn't make it out with that ____ in your mouth.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry were you trying to say something? I couldn't make it out with that ____ in your mouth.

you sure it werent you tears that blurred your vision?
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It definitely feels different. I was running Spiders and noticed I was taking far more damage than normal. Even got one shot a few times. It's either the damage was increased for mobs in T2 dungeons or some dev messed up an armor penetration code and now mobs are ignoring any mitigations. That's just my guess though.
  • kiyusukekiyusuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    It definitely feels different. I was running Spiders and noticed I was taking far more damage than normal. Even got one shot a few times. It's either the damage was increased for mobs in T2 dungeons or some dev messed up an armor penetration code and now mobs are ignoring any mitigations. That's just my guess though.

both situations may be either correct or wrong unless we here some official words i really dislike ninja nerfs or jsut some coding gone wrong that will be fixed. I mean i dont mind having to buy more pots to keep up with the downtime.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Try end game PvE as a TR.
    Then come back.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aiquesaco wrote: »
    I died 33 times today on hit kill in spellplague. Few times I had died on hit kill in spellplague

rofl really?
  • turalisj89turalisj89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Remember guys. The only way to kill a troll is with acid or fire. But flames tend to burn threads, so let's not flame the troll.

And yeah, I've noticed a big bump in taking damage too. I'm getting hit for about twice as what I normally was, which hurts in dungeons when you have 1 cleric and a bunch of companions.
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    In dungeons it could be to do with the changes to aggro so TR's are getting more aggro off the cleric, but definitely feeling more squishy since patch.
  • johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Yes, very much so. Seems like I am using a lot mor healing pots then before.
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiyusuke wrote: »
    Nott damage wise but defense wise? o.o

Minions are hitting me in the 400 range at level 28?

something doesnt seem quite right here :x
    ^^THIS^^ ^^THIS^^ Definitely THIS!

Holy cow, I thought I was missing gear or something. All of a sudden, 5-6 regular outside mobs would take half my health as I BLITZ'd away. I'd still 1-shot most of them, but here I am with less than half health from a regular (non-dungeon) group of minions! Woah, am I going through potions like mad.

I am currently level 38 and never had problems before. My kid's rogues are 20-25, and they do not notice it (yet). I didn't before the late 20's / early 30's or so, and this was after the patch on the 20th.

I thought it was just me. I still do amazing damage, but I die A LOT now. A LOT. I'm buying stacks of Injury kits! GAH! Should just stick with my CW...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jpbl1976jpbl1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r0y0 wrote: »
    ^^THIS^^ ^^THIS^^ Definitely THIS!

Holy cow, I thought I was missing gear or something. All of a sudden, 5-6 regular outside mobs would take half my health as I BLITZ'd away. I'd still 1-shot most of them, but here I am with less than half health from a regular (non-dungeon) group of minions! Woah, am I going through potions like mad.

I am currently level 38 and never had problems before. My kid's rogues are 20-25, and they do not notice it (yet). I didn't before the late 20's / early 30's or so, and this was after the patch on the 20th.

I thought it was just me. I still do amazing damage, but I die A LOT now. A LOT. I'm buying stacks of Injury kits! GAH! Should just stick with my CW...

I also noticed this the other day. I thought there was something I was doing wrong but apparently, a lot of other people are feeling the same thing.
  • winterlarkwinterlark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here. I'm now struggling to stay alive in the foundries I normally run for my dailies (used to be easy) and I'm going through 70 or more health pots per dungeon. When I get hit, I get hit HARD. I definitely have to play more defensively and it helps to stay in stealth as long as possible (using encounters less frequently).
  • makjemakje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed the same thing, something is definitely wrong.

I have just started leveling a second TR, and I noticed that I had to use potions every now and then as a level 5. As far as I remember from my earlier TR characters, I didn't really have to use potions if I just dodged (in the early levels) and stayed at the campfires scattered along the way.

New TR: Using potions by the quest to stop the Nashers from stealing the crown (level 4-5).
    Old TR: Using potions at the same rate by the end of the Blacklake questline (level 8-10)
  • mordain455mordain455 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Soon as i got over 50 been keeping up my gear regular mobs have been hitting me for 10k+ i Don't know what changed but getting 2 shot by regular mobs is not right, i have been hit for as high as 18k in pve seems def is not doing anything for us.
  • lecreusetlecreuset Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    update your gear to appropriate levels. There's also a reason why stats on those low lvl seal gears are mostly defense+defelct. Use defensive skills for soloing..

try encounters that refill your stealth meter(if you have them) to keep staying in it like bait and switch and shadow strike. Also, use impossible to catch/smoke screen to avoid damage while not stealthed
    edited July 2013
    lecreuset wrote: »
    update your gear to appropriate levels. There's also a reason why stats on those low lvl seal gears are mostly defense+defelct. Use defensive skills for soloing..

try encounters that refill your stealth meter(if you have them) to keep staying in it like bait and switch and shadow strike. Also, use impossible to catch/smoke screen to avoid damage while not stealthed
    I do not think it is a gear problem (though, for some it may be); I keep all of my gear current and use at least level 5 enhancements (wasting my AD, I know). Sure, it's not best in slot, but I'm just leveling, and I was doing the exact same thing pre-patch without issues, and now I have issues.

Sure, there may be some "user error" or gearing issues, but I'm talking to a lot of TR's in game and reading the responses here, it does seem that something may be amiss.

But thanks for your input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    For a few zones, I felt like I did pre 40's... then that drow zone (level 58+) and it's back to the smallest mobs almost killing me with their alpha. Now, one may say, "don't take the alpha" - and that's fine and dandy. I sneak in, wreak havoc on a Lieutenant type mob, and start on the minions. THEN I get their alpha. So while it can be avoided (lots of rolls, etc.) it just sucks treating minions like bosses as far as "play defensively" goes.

Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r0y0 wrote: »
    For a few zones, I felt like I did pre 40's... then that drow zone (level 58+) and it's back to the smallest mobs almost killing me with their alpha. Now, one may say, "don't take the alpha" - and that's fine and dandy. I sneak in, wreak havoc on a Lieutenant type mob, and start on the minions. THEN I get their alpha. So while it can be avoided (lots of rolls, etc.) it just sucks treating minions like bosses as far as "play defensively" goes.

Oh well.

Stealth+ITC = A lot of time to kill the targets.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte