test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP would be fun if...

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
1. there were less holds, and stuns, and perma stealth, and classes played evenly
2. racial bonuses didn't outright suck for most races... if elves were given immunity to all control effects that stun, but not to their damage being an elf would mean something... dwarves in contrast could be given immunity to all knock down stuns and half
3. clerics would be able to assist heal from a further distance and could not be attacked while doing so, would be like casting sanctuary which is something this game doesn't have
4. rogues would not be allowed to be immune to area of effect spells when in stealth mode / invisible / launching special attacks, etc. ... why can't my cleric blow them back when they are in stealth, why does my daily attacks against them get cancelled if they go into stealth after I press to use them... a rogue should become visible after they attack and unable to become invisible / go into stealth as long as they are within a certain distance of any opponent (yes, we know they are there and we have our eyes on them, so how the hell do they vanish especially when those races watching should usually have keen eyesight)
5. leader boards are needed that tracks all wins and losses by every class and every class tree build... those with low win percents need to be boosted so that any class has an equal chance to win against any other class, and any tree line build also has an equal chance of winning against any other tree line build of the same class

It isn't fun to be up against those that deal 5 times and more damage on average than you do. At most damage difference should never even approach a multiple of 2, preferably no more than 1.5. Perma stun, perma invisible, unable to attack or run or cast anything is very unfun. If you are going to stun, let them still normal attack and move, or at least cut down the durations of such effects to a minimum. I think push and blow back effects are fine as they are, they are needed to evade and obtain momentary advantage without disabling anyone from being able to do anything. Once again, disabling players sucks and is as boring as hell. PvP play before level 60 is pretty good, before level 50 even better. This game seems obviously to be created by those in love with classes such as assassins and who believe they should insta kill, always be invisible, should hit the hardest both up close and at a distance, should be godlike disappear and appear at will, and so forth. You need balance, not god like classes and fodder to make them feel good about their godliness.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• seryiyirisseryiyiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tl;dr - Rogues don't deal burst damage while remaining permenantly stealthed. The stealth build gives up a lot of damage to attain that since they're essentially pouring everything into survivability.

Seriously, just reroll another class already instead of making another whine thread. You clearly don't enjoy your Cleric.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seryiyiris wrote: »
    tl;dr - Rogues don't deal burst damage while remaining permenantly stealthed. The stealth build gives up a lot of damage to attain that since they're essentially pouring everything into survivability.

Seriously, just reroll another class already instead of making another whine thread. You clearly don't enjoy your Cleric.

until they nerfed it I enjoyed it... I won't be creating another class I had a control wizard up to level 60, if you play the cleric though due to the use of divinity you get really messed up playing the cleric if you play other classes and that is why I deleted my control wizard cause their keys were so very different... a game without balance in PvP is a game that should die out

if PvP is balanced and fun, I don't care if the rest of the game sucks, I'll be playing PvP and enjoying myself, PvP currently is neither balanced or fun and most of the time players leave during level 60 matches and do so cause its so horribly imbalanced
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    and another whiny thread about rogues...stop whining and learn to play, considering some of the stuff you wrote is blatantly false
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya know...I really wish they would seperate PVP by GEARSCORE.

Then you would see......

I would LOVE to see all the tears when they realise they themselves SUCK.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • chizzahchizzah Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nah.. I'm pro little guy but this thread is just a baby crying.. I'm a rogue and I've been beaten in 1v1 fights against Clerics.. And I'm not bad at PvP.. It just shows that instead of whining some people actually went on to figure a way out to be awesome with the role the chose and stuck with.. Level 30-49 I couldn't break 3k in crit damage now I do between 4-5k on a crit 8k if I'm lucky.. I spent time and in-game resources to change my own luck.. Not ask people to change things in my favour.. That being said there are issues with PvP but to me balance is not the issue.. If other people can manage it so could you if you just tried.. Unless these "other" people are hackers then I take back this post and agree with the OP..
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    and another whiny thread about rogues...stop whining and learn to play, considering some of the stuff you wrote is blatantly false

this thread isn't about rogues, that they aren't affected as they should be by my casts as a cleric is disturbing though (just cause you can't be seen doesn't mean you should have immunity to area of effects or can't take damage that was already cast upon you beforehand)
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Clerics are fine. I saw one the other day go 32-2, in a game filled with rogues and cw.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Ya know...I really wish they would seperate PVP by GEARSCORE.

Then you would see......

I would LOVE to see all the tears when they realise they themselves SUCK.

gear score is better than nothing, but ideally you want a player rating/ranking system and then separating and pairing teams together as evenly as possible based upon all the player's PvP scores... pre-made teams should be paired against teams with PvP scores evenly as possible matching their own
  • bellringer01bellringer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't comment on cleric powers since my experience with them is limited, but steal time has no problems locking down stealthed rogues so they certainly aren't 'immune' to aoe while stealthed.

Cheers
    edited June 2013
    this thread was about making all classes about even in PvP play, hence the need for PvP player ranking boards, the classes that seldom win should be buffed and wins/losses should be evened up... clerics and rogues have little to do with this thread, even PvP play however does (if you are afraid of even playing boards I can see why you are crying about this thread)
  • ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    the trickster rogue is a strange class, in this game :D
    melee+ranged+permastealth
    I'm not saying that he is overpowered, just saying that maybe he should have to be closer to it's target + other classes should have detection abilities and hitting a rogue (if you see him or with AoE) should get him out of stealth
    it's ok if he can be invisible all the time as long as he gets out of stealth when he attacks and give him a "vanish" skill, so he can: ambush > stun for a few sec > do some damage > vanish with full health, while the target is somewhere around 50% health by that time.. I think they would like that and the other classes would still have a chance to counter attack

not whining, just an idea..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    I'm not saying that he is overpowered, just saying that maybe he should have to be closer to it's target + other classes should have detection abilities and hitting a rogue (if you see him or with AoE) should get him out of stealth
    it's ok if he can be invisible all the time as long as he gets out of stealth when he attacks and give him a "vanish" skill, so he can: ambush > stun for a few sec > do some damage > vanish with full health, while the target is somewhere around 50% health by that time.. I think they would like that and the other classes would still have a chance to counter attack

if a character class ranking system shows that classes are winning and losing and scoring about the same as all other classes, then I don't have a problem with what characters get (though hopefully the scores aren't balanced cause everyone simply one hits everyone else. or never is able to defeat anyone)... I want a balanced playing field between all classes and that is lacking and not by a small bit at current
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play DC and do alright at LvL 60--for me it is not what the other team has--cuz sure some of them are crazy stacked with Tenebrous and the like--It's if my team actually plays as a team

For me, it comes down to playing with people who actually know a few key things about PvP
    Like Fight on Point
    Its not all about your kill count
    Dying is ok esp if you sacrifice to save your point....how many times fighting for point someone low slinks away....jsut die and distract the kicker so we can kill him faster on the darn point:)
    Don't run around the map by yourself

Im sure that there is more than this...but when my teams, actually work as a team, rather than individuals, we either win, or come very close, and my DC can carry mostly damage spells-- I usually finish in the top 5 if its a decent team ( which is not just based on kill count for anyone new reading this)...People hate being killed by DC tho they take it as an insult...drives them insane, and for the rest of the match they only come after you:)

Of course I use the que, so now and then the team I get just doesn't gel...but in a way that is fun too, as people take it so seriously.

Now me, I never did like PvP in other games, but it's short and painless here...AND playing PvP has made me a better solo player at boss fights for sure, as I do solo most content. Not to mention, profitable.

Edited to Add : Oh yes, well cleric just sucks in this game....only reason I still play mine is that she has all my gear and fun toys.... I rolled a CW which at least has a 4th encounter slot, and it's just a lot more fun, tho, still limited for a caster.
    edited June 2013
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    I play DC and do alright at LvL 60--for me it is not what the other team has--cuz sure some of them are crazy stacked with Tenebrous and the like--It's if my team actually plays as a team

For me, it comes down to playing with people who actually know a few key things about PvP
    Like Fight on Point
    Its not all about your kill count
    Dying is ok esp if you sacrifice to save your point....how many times fighting for point someone low slinks away....jsut die and distract the kicker so we can kill him faster on the darn point:)
    Don't run around the map by yourself

Im sure that there is more than this...but when my teams, actually work as a team, rather than individuals, we either win, or come very close, and my DC can carry mostly damage spells-- I usually finish in the top 5 if its a decent team ( which is not just based on kill count for anyone new reading this)...People hate being killed by DC tho they take it as an insult...drives them insane, and for the rest of the match they only come after you:)

Of course I use the que, so now and then the team I get just doesn't gel...but in a way that is fun too, as people take it so seriously.

Now me, I never did like PvP in other games, but it's short and painless here...AND playing PvP has made me a better solo player at boss fights for sure, as I do solo most content. Not to mention, profitable.

Edited to Add : Oh yes, well cleric just sucks in this game....only reason I still play mine is that she has all my gear and fun toys.... I rolled a CW which at least has a 4th encounter slot, and it's just a lot more fun, tho, still limited for a caster.

a fourth encounter slot would really heal a cleric a lot... for heals you need healing word and astral shield so that you can get critical heals and build up divinity while tossing out AS for the group, but having both astral shield and healing word leaves you with not enough to attack with to protect yourself so you either toss healing word or AS or go without enough attacks .... being able to place in the top 5 when only 10 players are in a match and often some leave or are bots isn't really anything to get excited about... I can rank high at times as well even occaisionally taking top position but that doesn't help matters any and clerics still rank at the bottom, though two clerics on a team seem to fair better than any other number of them
  • anthonyblakeanthonyblake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my experience so far has been great, pvp is not that imbalanced, you have your dodge ability you just need to know when to use it, for example, if you pay atention you can see a rogue or even listen their stealth, for mages you need to recognize their animation moves, for zerkers just kitte em, for tanks, just control and push em back, sometimes you need to pay more attention to your enviroment instead of start asking for nerfs.... the thing with gear score ranked matches must be great, cuz somethimes you will be cced and 1 rogue with over 9999 gs will come and 1 shot you, like every other mmo, the guy with better gear have more chance to win, just take a lot of practice to realize how to beat a class, is not hard, also you can change your skills to fit the situation, if you see too much rogues just take cc and push back skills, and actually the rogues are not that OP the hit hard, yeah like every other rogue in any mmo but they are weak as ****, also stop trying to build a character full power bcuz thats why they 1 shot you....just dont ruin the game trying to nerf 1 class, when the rogues get nerfed you will see a lot of wiz, when the wizz get nerfed you will see zerks, when the zerks get nerfed you will see a dps cleric imba build and everybody will have 1 cleric and then the game will be over, i have found this game very interesting and fun and remember pvp is just a feature the real deal is getting the history and lore of the game.
    srry if my english is bad but you guys get my point... regards from COLOMBIA
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    a fourth encounter slot would really heal a cleric a lot... for heals you need healing word and astral shield so that you can get critical heals and build up divinity while tossing out AS for the group, but having both astral shield and healing word leaves you with not enough to attack with to protect yourself so you either toss healing word or AS or go without enough attacks .... being able to place in the top 5 when only 10 players are in a match and often some leave or are bots isn't really anything to get excited about... I can rank high at times as well even occaisionally taking top position but that doesn't help matters any and clerics still rank at the bottom, though two clerics on a team seem to fair better than any other number of them

I just carry Astral Seal, smart team knows how to work around that, and I've found that if not smart team, it doesn't matter if I used all heal Dailies and encounters.. Some teams I don't even need AS. I actually build divinity and ap quite fast, but I am DPS build and built to do that as much as one can in this game.

I think top 5 for a cleric is good, since many are shocked when the DC isn't the bottom 2 or 3. As a moderate, and new player, I am happy that I get into top 5 if only to say that DC doesn't totally suck at pvp, since that seems to be how people measure things in this game. Sure I have placed 1 and 2, but I don't think those count as they have always been against teams that had no clue what they were doing.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »

1. Stealth isn't the end-all, be-all in PvP. If you're targetting BEFORE popping it, you can still be seen by the class who attack you.

2. The vast majority of rogues are not "perma-stealth", and those that are, do significantly less damage than those that aren't. You're just lumping 2 or 3 different rogue builds into one, and assuming one rogue can do everything.

3. No, you should not be able to "detect" stealth characters. That's nonsense. Are you planning on giving all the classes a way of completely diminishing the gameplay mechanics of every other class. Give rogues and skill that makes Control Wizards teleport in front of their face. Give Control Wizards an ability that makes Guardian Fighter's armor suddenly have the same qualities as cloth. Give Clerics the ability to turn everyone else into fluffy bunnies.

4. No, they are not going to make stealth drop the second you do an attack. This suggestion just shows complete ignorance of what this class is. All of our skills are centered around doing damage in stealth. If you take that away, half of our feats and powers are useless. Seriously, go look at the rogue feat trees and see how many of them don't require you to be in stealth. At-wills do not drop you out of stealth, and they shouldn't. Period.

5. "ambush > stun for a few sec > do some damage > vanish with full health, while the target is somewhere around 50% health by that time".

What you're describing is not a single target DPS class. It's a control class. We already have one of those.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    this thread was about making all classes about even in PvP play, hence the need for PvP player ranking boards, the classes that seldom win should be buffed and wins/losses should be evened up... clerics and rogues have little to do with this thread, even PvP play however does (if you are afraid of even playing boards I can see why you are crying about this thread)

If all classes are equal, what's the point of having classes?

Clerics are never going to have the same score as a class centered around dealing out damage. But they can heal and boost their team.

A class centered around dealing AoE damage and off-tanking is never going to kill as easily as a class that is single-target DPS. But GWFs excel at group combat and holding points.

A class that has impressive damage, incredible range potential, and strong control abilities is not going to die very often to a class centered around tanking. But GFs can hold entire capture points all by themselves.

The classes are balanced, they just all do different things. And those different things are not rewarded evenly in PvP matches. Clerics are a great asset in PvP, but they will never be top score because capturing points and killing players is what's important.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • phizmeisterphizmeister Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    PvP would be fun if, players wouldn't suck so bad. Worst PvP players i've seen in an mmorpg, are here. Please go back to your holes and leave PvP for the players that have a brain to do it and go back to killing NPC, cuz that's all you can do.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    seryiyiris wrote: »

A rogue can kill you from 100% life in stealth and keep stealth up while running to pots in stealth.
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvP would be more fun it you whiners stop whine and actually gear their charakters and in the same time learn how PvP works so you could give us a challenge instead of letting us faceroll you...

Everything you can counter in one or another way you just have to learn how, so now, go back to game, learn game, maybe gear yourself up trough dungeons/AH, it doesnt matter as long as you give us none whiners a challenge.

Put players together with GS could be a good idea as someone mentioned, it would almost be a fair game (GS could need some work).
    edited June 2013
    A rogue can kill you from 100% life in stealth and keep stealth up while running to pots in stealth.

Then either;

1. He's not actually a perma-stealth rogue, but a regular execution-build rogue using stealth mechanic as it is intended.

2. He has ridiculous enchantments/gear, which is a problem for all classes and PvP in general.

Besides, in the situation you're describing the rogue is actually getting hit, or he wouldn't need to use health pots. Permanently stealth rogues do not get hit enough to warrant such an action. In fact, the entire reason for the build is to capture points and increase survivability, so they shouldn't be running around period. Once again, you've proven something I've long expected. The people making these threads are ignorant of the class they are complaining about. You're just lumping 2 or 3 separate builds into one, and assuming rogue can do everything at once.
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    If all classes are equal, what's the point of having classes?

Clerics are never going to have the same score as a class centered around dealing out damage. But they can heal and boost their team.

A class centered around dealing AoE damage and off-tanking is never going to kill as easily as a class that is single-target DPS. But GWFs excel at group combat and holding points.

A class that has impressive damage, incredible range potential, and strong control abilities is not going to die very often to a class centered around tanking. But GFs can hold entire capture points all by themselves.

The classes are balanced, they just all do different things. And those different things are not rewarded evenly in PvP matches. Clerics are a great asset in PvP, but they will never be top score because capturing points and killing players is what's important.

they would be equal in terms of being able to win and lose but they would still do different things and you would have to play each class a bit differently to defeat it which involves skill, having and improving skill makes PvP fun... without equality of wins/losses between classes there isn't challenge, just pummeling (okay if you are the bully type in real life I guess, but not enjoyable if you aren't)
  • dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes, gear score is this big difference. and **** you to every1 that says different. Tired of some *******, thinking hes over-all better when they are not. Could have the exact char build as someone else and still get ****ed up. Its the gears, plus the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that the add to it(enchants-lets go buy a lvl 6+enchant). And yet i want to earn it not buy it. I took my time with this game trying to understand the mechanics. Still clueless tbh. I've said it before. This is a GAME therefore a child should be able to play it. My 11 yr old daughter watches me play this, and more than once she has asked, "how was/is that fair". Pretty sad a child's logic is greater than that of a dev........Tired of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> talking about people crying too. Just because YOU figured out a way to abuse the system or builds you think you are better. No. just no. Taking your qqing, crying, whining, bull**** and stick it where everyone else would like to. You are no better than anyone and enjoy your spot by the fire.
  • goryragexxgoryragexx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP Isnt meant to always be balance. You can never get everything perfectly even. It matters on how you build your character. I Built my Rogue for stealth. But I made sure I have the power and crit to back it up. You built to your players advantage. Not try and make everything all even. My rogue has very little deff, but very high power. And I do just fine because I use my stealth to my advantage. Wizards have their stun locks and pushes. I hate those attacks so much, but its their advantage. And I would be using them too if I had them. PvP Can never be even. Just build your guy to his advantages, not working as much on the faults they have. Thats how you get it better. Like Clerics, I personally would build it straight for healing. But thats just me.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    PvP would be more fun if...

Players would be giving the same gear and require skill over just over-gearing your opponents...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. there were less holds, and stuns, and perma stealth, and classes played evenly
    2. racial bonuses didn't outright suck for most races... if elves were given immunity to all control effects that stun, but not to their damage being an elf would mean something... dwarves in contrast could be given immunity to all knock down stuns and half
    3. clerics would be able to assist heal from a further distance and could not be attacked while doing so, would be like casting sanctuary which is something this game doesn't have
    4. rogues would not be allowed to be immune to area of effect spells when in stealth mode / invisible / launching special attacks, etc. ... why can't my cleric blow them back when they are in stealth, why does my daily attacks against them get cancelled if they go into stealth after I press to use them... a rogue should become visible after they attack and unable to become invisible / go into stealth as long as they are within a certain distance of any opponent (yes, we know they are there and we have our eyes on them, so how the hell do they vanish especially when those races watching should usually have keen eyesight)
    5. leader boards are needed that tracks all wins and losses by every class and every class tree build... those with low win percents need to be boosted so that any class has an equal chance to win against any other class, and any tree line build also has an equal chance of winning against any other tree line build of the same class

It isn't fun to be up against those that deal 5 times and more damage on average than you do. At most damage difference should never even approach a multiple of 2, preferably no more than 1.5. Perma stun, perma invisible, unable to attack or run or cast anything is very unfun. If you are going to stun, let them still normal attack and move, or at least cut down the durations of such effects to a minimum. I think push and blow back effects are fine as they are, they are needed to evade and obtain momentary advantage without disabling anyone from being able to do anything. Once again, disabling players sucks and is as boring as hell. PvP play before level 60 is pretty good, before level 50 even better. This game seems obviously to be created by those in love with classes such as assassins and who believe they should insta kill, always be invisible, should hit the hardest both up close and at a distance, should be godlike disappear and appear at will, and so forth. You need balance, not god like classes and fodder to make them feel good about their godliness.

I stopped reading at racials should immune all stuns and/or knockdowns.
    INB4, INB4