test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why even make a footman?

killroykidkillroykid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There is no point at all to make a Footman in the leadership crafting if you need 4 Men-at-arms to make an adventurer. and you cant even make a Men-at-arms , So someone plz tell me WHY did I waste all my time making Guards and Ect. when I still have to Buy the Men-at-Arms to go any higher. This has killed crafting for me and it Looked so good!

Comments

• healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Footman still counts as rank 3 leadership person if me recall correctly.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killroykid wrote: »
    There is no point at all to make a Footman in the leadership crafting if you need 4 Men-at-arms to make an adventurer. and you cant even make a Men-at-arms , So someone plz tell me WHY did I waste all my time making Guards and Ect. when I still have to Buy the Men-at-Arms to go any higher. This has killed crafting for me and it Looked so good!

You can do all of the Leadership tasks with a Footman. You don't need a Man-at-arms or an Adventurer. They just give you a speed boost.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Footman still counts as rank 3 leadership person if me recall correctly.

This is why
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't have to have Man-at-arms. It is not higher than Footman, just faster.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You do not have to buy Men-at-Arms to progress higher in Leadership profession. There are some tasks, like Patrol the Mines, which require at least a Footman to complete. The speed bonuses to complete tasks that green and blue assets offer are higher than the white assets, but that's the only difference. You have to pay for those either with zen or AD through auction house but you can still complete every task that I've seen with the white assets like Footman. In fact, it looks like for level 13 tasks and higher, you NEED at least a Footman to complete them.
  • swissmercswissmerc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killroykid wrote: »

Because you do NOT need the green/blue/purple resources to go to level 20.

I am currently level 15 Leadership and am doing all the missions with out any problems. Once I get to level 20, then I might look into getting the non-common resources if I need them.
    The non-common resources just do the basic missions faster.

Swiss
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yea, footman is the F2p version rank 3 leadership asset, if you can afford it, buy some keys to try to get leadership boxes or just get man-at arms/adventurers on ah for faster tasks. I manage to make 2 of them, b4 i moved on into adventurer assets.