test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirmish system critically flawed

zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Team,

I'll get right to the point. As an achievement hound I'm shocked and dismayed that there is NO way to manually enter or que for skirmishes. Players are permanently locked out of a huge assortment of achievements because of this. It is very easy to miss a skirmish while leveling and unless you know about this beforehand your out of luck.
Please allow us to manually enter or que for skirmishes. Making "epic" skirmishes and allowing us to que for older ones that are beefed up but still allow us to get the achievements would be nice, but honestly just let us enter the easy skirmishes and I would be more then satisfied. I am no programmer but I assume a manual entrance similar to how it works for dungeons would be very easy to create.

Respectfully Yours
Zhylaw

P.S. I'm guessing this problem will be around for awhile so I will bump this every week or so to keep attention on this issue. Just once a week not to create spam or anything.
Post edited by zzhylaw on

Comments

• dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i agree with this. Need it for reg dungeons too. Leveled too fast, questing, like i thought it was supposed to be done.
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dashartz wrote: »
    i agree with this. Need it for reg dungeons too. Leveled too fast, questing, like i thought it was supposed to be done.

You can actually do older dungeons, you just need to go to their location in the game and you can enter. It would be nice to be able to que but it works at least. Skirmishes are on a whole different level of unavailable :P
  • triflelovetriflelove Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this is going to annoy the hell out of me too, i missed out 3 skirmishes...now the achievements sitting there taunting me in my journal :) Making all achievements account wide not just character based would seem an easy solution as i believe at least 2 of the foundry achievements have shown up on all my characters already.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    yeah scaling is definitely needed that' for sure and so it access to the skirm system at max level. They cut off their noses on this one.
    edited June 2013
    triflelove wrote: »
    Yeah, this is going to annoy the hell out of me too, i missed out 3 skirmishes...now the achievements sitting there taunting me in my journal :) Making all achievements account wide not just character based would seem an easy solution as i believe at least 2 of the foundry achievements have shown up on all my characters already.

an excellent workaround solution. I would be okay with skirmish achievements being account wide, would be happy to work on an alt for this purpose.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually found it easy to keep tabs on skirmishes while leveling up. Simple procedure: after you complete your new level choices, hit K and check the queue list for what skirmish is listed. Is it new? Then go do it! You don't even have to be in the same zone as it for it to show up.

Other than that, this is a good suggestion; I'd certainly enjoy doing/re-doing skirmishes as Epic difficulties.
  • poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe the only reason they have for NOT allowing walk in skirms is that anybody decked out in epics can just farm blacklake during the skirmish hour, and solo it faster than a full party of appropriate level characters. IF they could remove the diamond reward from walking in when your MUCH higher lvl (so you could still do it for a few lvls past it too to finish the daily) then I fully support walk-ins.
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
  • martinakmartinak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I believe the only reason they have for NOT allowing walk in skirms is that anybody decked out in epics can just farm blacklake during the skirmish hour, and solo it faster than a full party of appropriate level characters. IF they could remove the diamond reward from walking in when your MUCH higher lvl (so you could still do it for a few lvls past it too to finish the daily) then I fully support walk-ins.

bump, I was just about to post this idea when I found out that it wasn't possible to do skirmishes when you outleveled them.
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, I would love epic skirmishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Also, don't forget - it doesn't have to upscale (the skirmish)......they could also downscale the character to level x and the stats would be downscaled to average values of that level.
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, I would love epic skirmishes.

Even putting aside the achievements issue I think it would be really cool and fun to go back and do all the skirmishes. It would add a lot of content to the game if at 60 we could do ALL the skirmishes in a new epic mode. Even if there wasn't an "epic" setting and we had to do it on easy it would still be fun just to enjoy the setpieces and mood of each area.
    And all this is ontop of the crucial achievement problem. So seriously why isn't this already in the game? :P
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like achievements and sadly, leveling up SLOWLY even, I missed a few of them. I was livid to find out that I couldn't go back and complete these.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree. You level way to fast in this game and miss out on both skirmishes and dungeons. I know I have missed a few. We should and need to be able to Que up for all that we have leveled up to. I would like to at least go thru them to see what they look like. And maybe help those who are on level for them to boot.
    edited June 2013
    soltasword wrote: »
    Totally agree. You level way to fast in this game and miss out on both skirmishes and dungeons. I know I have missed a few. We should and need to be able to Que up for all that we have leveled up to. I would like to at least go thru them to see what they look like. And maybe help those who are on level for them to boot.

A great point, being able to do low level skirmishes would be a cool way to help low level people.
  • karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    A simple fix to this would be to reopen all skirmishes at level 60 but gear them towards lvl 60 players, replacing lower lvl mobs with higher lvl mobs. Then throw in a daily skirmish for lvl 60 and randomly select which one we have to complete.

All you would have to do is change the level of the monsters that spawn in the skirmishes, literally....more content, more randomization, less static game play.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Completely agree with this thread, on my 3rd toon and still have only managed about 3 or 4 skirmishes while missing the rest due to outlevelling them..
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not to sidetrack this topic. But got a question. The final skirmish Aberrant Assault, is it possible to still do that one at 60? Ive heard rumor that the final one was broken, or some such.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Not to sidetrack this topic. But got a question. The final skirmish Aberrant Assault, is it possible to still do that one at 60? Ive heard rumor that the final one was broken, or some such.

Yeah it works if I remember, its the only one ive played at 60
    More of a dungeon than a skirmish tbh...
  • arcadianqueenarcadianqueen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzhylaw wrote: »
    You can actually do older dungeons, you just need to go to their location in the game and you can enter. It would be nice to be able to que but it works at least. Skirmishes are on a whole different level of unavailable :P

I had NO idea this was even possible - thank you SO much for this info!
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I approve of this thread...

Considering how little content there is in this game, and the lack of any true creativity at lvl 60, the thought of this game purposely locking out content to people who want it is just mad... MAD!
    edited July 2013
    I had NO idea this was even possible - thank you SO much for this info!

Your welcome! It is a blast running dungeons on normal solo and feeling like Superman. Now if we could just get this for skirmishes...
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ran Cloak Tower as solo TR at lvl 28 and pretty much breezed through it - then did it again when I found out I screwd up the crystal/flower collecting!
    Also Craigmire with 2 friends - much fun. Did that one at a lower level (21) than required but a GF at the right level who was doing the quest and a 30th level Cleric.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But yeah, the levelling too fast and missing out on content is so frustrating. I had completed 2 of 3 skirmishes at the bridge and by collecting my crafting (forgot to check level) I levelled up and therefore was too high a level to enter that skirmish again.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah, also, it need "delete" option, i got old skirmish mission "drive orcs back" and there is no icon landmark on map, it made it unfinishable.

oh yeah, by the way, EQ2 had the special format for "mentoring down/chrono-down level choices" menu to whatever level we need to go back to get some old missions completed or missed, one of best tool.
    edited July 2013
    wylonus wrote: »
    yeah, also, it need "delete" option, i got old skirmish mission "drive orcs back" and there is no icon landmark on map, it made it unfinishable.

oh yeah, by the way, EQ2 had the special format for "mentoring down/chrono-down level choices" menu to whatever level we need to go back to get some old missions completed or missed, one of best tool.

a downleveling trigger for doing skirmishes would be an interesting way of solving the issue.
  • conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    The skirmishes are OK ... you just need to L2P champ.... try practicing more sport!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I read somewhere that there are now level 60 versions of some of the earlier skirmishes on the test server , if that is true then hopefully the achievements that go along with the early version can be obtained by doing the higher level ones.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I read somewhere that there are now level 60 versions of some of the earlier skirmishes on the test server , if that is true then hopefully the achievements that go along with the early version can be obtained by doing the higher level ones.

If not then it doesn't solve the problem.