test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

would you ever buy a ward from the zen store?

givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
ok I am wondering if anyone would ever buy these directly from the store.

just from running the math you would have to be crazy if you did in my opinion.

example colesent ward.

zen price 1000 zen for 1 ward.

on ah currently on dragon colesent wards buyout price is 115000 ad.

current ad to zen exchange rates 344 ad for 1 zen. <price actualy went up with ancouncement of bop dungen gear was 270 to 1 zen>

so i can exchange 344000 ad into zen and buy one ward from the store.
or i can just buy one ward for 115000 diamonds from the auction house guess thats a no brainer.
if want to use cash i can pay 10 dollars for 1 ward.
or i can turn 334 < $3.34> zen into ad and buy one from the auction house again no brainer.

clearly buying things like this directly from the game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

now given that the price on ah reflects the fact that this item can be obtained from bags for weekly coins still the store price should be alot lower.

maybe its time they actuly look at what players value there zen and adjust prices.

while on the subject why are mount upgrade tombs so expensive find it strange they would want 2500 zen to take a rank 2 mount to rank 3. the current rank 3 mounts are already better looking would anyone actualy waste 870000 diamonds for this let alone the cost to raise one from rank 1 to 2 then rank 2 to 3.
Namin Soulburner
NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
Post edited by givearandomname on

Comments

• Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Spot on.....
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok I am wondering if anyone would ever buy these directly from the store.

just from running the math you would have to be crazy if you did in my opinion.

example colesent ward.

zen price 1000 zen for 1 ward.

on ah currently on dragon colesent wards buyout price is 115000 ad.

current ad to zen exchange rates 344 ad for 1 zen. <price actualy went up with ancouncement of bop dungen gear was 270 to 1 zen>

so i can exchange 344000 ad into zen and buy one ward from the store.
    or i can just buy one ward for 115000 diamonds from the auction house guess thats a no brainer.
    if want to use cash i can pay 10 dollars for 1 ward.
    or i can turn 334 < $3.34> zen into ad and buy one from the auction house again no brainer.

clearly buying things like this directly from the game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

now given that the price on ah reflects the fact that this item can be obtained from bags for weekly coins still the store price should be alot lower.

maybe its time they actuly look at what players value there zen and adjust prices.

while on the subject why are mount upgrade tombs so expensive find it strange they would want 2500 zen to take a rank 2 mount to rank 3. the current rank 3 mounts are already better looking would anyone actualy waste 870000 diamonds for this let alone the cost to raise one from rank 1 to 2 then rank 2 to 3.

I'm sure they have plenty of metrics tracking what is being bought and how often. It may take a little time, but they will adjust things to maximize profits. Any company looking to make money will. A corporation the size of PWE will have at least on economist/financial guru on hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    then they need fired cause this has been like this for months and its just one example if took the time there are many many others like that.
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Once they drop some of the pricing structure (low chance) people would be more willing to spend money and not AD.

5 bucks for 2 character slots is a good price.

10 dollars for 1 bag for one character is not a good price.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Once they drop some of the pricing structure (low chance) people would be more willing to spend money and not AD.

5 bucks for 2 character slots is a good price.

10 dollars for 1 bag for one character is not a good price.

ya much as i want more bag space can't bring myself to pay 10 bucks for one bag and bank space insnt much better 6 bucks for 16 slots
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's not the players value crytic is looking at - It's their personal expenses : paying off mortgages, nice car, fancy dinners etc.....
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    then they need fired cause this has been like this for months and its just one example if took the time there are many many others like that.

While I agree stuff like that needs to be changed. And I wish it was sooner rather than later. It might not be possible until the Zen to AD price settles down. I mean a week and a half ago it was 270AD/1Zen but today its 335AD/1Zen. I have a feeling its going to take a couple months for the people hoarding currency on both sides to spend it and let the market settle. I just don't see them going through and making balancing changes like that if they might have to do it all over again.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    tkwanshuffletkwanshuffle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they were really concerned, they would make the zen/ad trade market set at a static number. They could interfere and set it at a solid 350/z and markets would begin to balance.
  • Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    You had to go and get me started on this topic again...

$10 for a ward that you have to have to turn in shards in enhancements. (Only 1% chance to fuze without---1% insult #1). You don't think haveing the weapon enhancements are a significant advantage in PvP? The only source of the blue wards are Zen Market ($10), Trading tarmalane bars (200) only obtained by opening Nightmare Boxes (money cost) and the very rare drop if you save up 7 celestial coins and use to purchase the box. And you need a lot of the blue wards to make the enhancements. Say you get a drop 1 in 4..you will get 1 every month/account provided you log in every day!!! No vacation for you! So it is really 1 blue ward every 2 to 3 months realisticly.

I would have no problem buying them at $1 per shard. At that price I would experiemnt with the different types and see what I liked best. Spend $160 on a virtual character for level 2 normal enhancements 1 weapon/1 armor....ridiculous. Better off as OP said buying zen and selling it for AD. You can 2-3 at current market price for the price of 1 ward from the market.

This game is really worrying me in that, there are still many bugs that shouldn't exist (feats not working, armor bonuses not working, powers not working and they want to charge obscene prices for stuff that is either essential or adds to the enjoyment of the game like player customization. They must be in deep finacial difficulty as they are clearly short staffed, prices are artifically high on zen market. Clearly a money grab while they are in gamers honeymoon when more people are more tolerent of bugs and new shinies....

Current game is not sustainable IMHO. Lots of people have already left. I am not sure their buisness model will be anything more than grab lots of new players. Will be difficult for people to want to stay around without lots more content that doesnt turn into equipment farms. How many times do you want to run the same 5 or 6 dungeons before it gets old?

Recommendations:

Lower zen price to 100 per ward
    Allow them to be purchased with seals (5-10).
    Celestial 7 box should always drop 1 and a green ward
    Lower Tarmalne bar price to 10. Would encourage more key purchases since the few times I got keys to nightmare box I got training runestones....Training runestones really???? piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....who needs a training runestone at level 60. it only takes a couple days to get to 60... who's bright idea was training runestones?
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only reason I can see for blue wards being in Zen shop would be to create a ceilling for hte price of the ones obtained in game via tarm bars and 7 day coins.

Why would they create such a ceiling? I don't know, someone with a greater understanding of economics could probably answer that. Perhaps it is to keep enchantment prices stable and "affordable"
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Prices in this game are crazy in general.

I mean, rank 3 enchantments cost 50,000 AD from the Bazaar. It's like, what?
  • Options
    flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Those store prices for coal wards are way to pricey for me.

I think realistically since we need so many of em for our higher tier enchants they should come in packs of 4 for 1000 zen or something. I bet they would sell like hotcakes at that price. As is I do not know anyone who bought one yet from the store.

So yeah, They got to drop the price drastically. If these were priced at a feasible cost. I think they would make a fortune and make the player base a bit happier. Win win situation.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • Options
    nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    They will do as pwe has done to their other games when people are getting zen items in game for free. They will take away the free wards from the weekly invocations. Tada price goes up.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only rich newbies and/or idiots would buy a C.Ward from the Zen shop. Their price is triple the cost on the AH. Normally, C.Wards cost 90-120k AD on the AH.

C.Wards come from the bars you get when you open up the lockboxes. They also come from the 7 day Celestial Coin coffer boxes. Because people are constantly opening these boxes up, there will be a consistent supply of C.Wards until people decide to quit this game in droves.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    at the current prices the only thing i would purchase off the zen store is a respec token.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Character slots are pretty cheap also.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have purchased many Preservation Wards from the Zen Store, and I guess, as usual, I am an idiot.

Each Preservation Ward is 10 Zen, which would be about 3,500 AD at the worst rates I have seen recently.

I am slowly learning that I need to always check the Auction House for items before I buy anything in the game any where else, including from vendors, or the Zen Store, or anything.

EDIT: I just checked and the Auction House Preservation Wards are going for 410 Zen each--the Zen:AD ratio has not been that high on our server since the first half of May. So on our server, Preservation Wards are much cheaper through the Zen Store. Co. Wards are only 100,000 AD, which would be an extreme savings over the Zen Store.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    I have purchased many Preservation Wards from the Zen Store, and I guess, as usual, I am an idiot.

Each Preservation Ward is 10 Zen, which would be about 3,500 AD at the worst rates I have seen recently.

I am slowly learning that I need to always check the Auction House for items before I buy anything in the game any where else, including from vendors, or the Zen Store, or anything.

EDIT: I just checked and the Auction House Preservation Wards are going for 410 Zen each--the Zen:AD ratio has not been that high on our server since the first half of May. So on our server, Preservation Wards are much cheaper through the Zen Store. Co. Wards are only 100,000 AD, which would be an extreme savings over the Zen Store.

your confused were dicussing the blue wards not the green ones the green ones are dime a dozen and there cheap the blue ones on the other hand are not dime a dozen and they are 1000 zen not 10.
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Do you people ever NOT, "Female dog"?

Well, excuse me, i thought this was 'merica!