test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bugged, Suffered Big Loss, Helm of the Stalwart Bulwark

ntens3iventens3ive Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello there,

I hate for one of my first posts to be more or less a complaint, but I had no other alternative. I have spent the past roughly 16 days working on making enough AD, and even purchased a great deal of Zen from PWE/Cryptic to help me make the AD quicker. Now that I have gone and spent most of that AD, I'm left with my jaw on the floor, lol. I had saved up and purchased all four pieces of the "Stalwart Bulwark's" set pieces; those being: Helm of the Stalwart Bulwark, Stalwart Bulwark's Armor, Stalwart Bulwark's Gauntlets, and the Stalwart Bulwark's Greaves.

I cannot speak on behalf of each realm/server, but on Neverwinter, the combination listed above could easily (on the way low end, usually higher for sure) reach 1,600,000 AD. I know that this amount of AD is not a lot to some folks here, but to me... it was a fortune (<-- Thus Jaw on Floor -->), and one happily spent until I realized that with all four items equipped, the Helm of the Stalwart Bulwark remains "Greyed Out" and doesn't turn "White", same goes for the 4-Piece Set Bonus, it remains "Grey" and does not go "white".

I have tried taking it off, putting it back on, doing that many times in different orders.
I have tried taking EVERYTHING on my Character off, then applying just the armor.
I have tried selling the Helm to a Merchant and buying it back (I thought this was pretty clever. >_>).
I have tried all of the above followed by a legit log-out, exit, and relaunch/relogin.

None of what I have tried works! I discussed it in Zone Chat at some length wit several others experiencing the same issue. I have submitted a GM ticket but it has been a very long time, so it feels like. I would greatly appreciate if we could get this fixed as soon as possible, or at the very least if I could be given an estimation of when it will be fixed? I have every desire to play Neverwinter, but no desire right now to play my Guardian Fighter, as I feel gimped, broken, and broke! Hah.

Anyway, Thank you all for the read, and hopefully we can get this straightened out. I beg that any others out there please submit tickets as well so that we can better get their attention. And I apologize as I am sure I am not the only one to have posted this bug likely. But, I do not like to post my bug on someone else's thread as there's always an off chance that they are unrelated or not triggered/caused in the same manner.

Thanks again!
Post edited by ntens3ive on

Comments

• Options
    ntens3iventens3ive Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GM Replied to my Ticket in-game, asking that I post it on the Bug Reporting forum (which I had done). I understand actually fixing the problem takes time. But I feel that in the amount of time this GM took to write a response in length both explaining what I needed to do, and trying to sympathize with me, he could have just as easily generated a new, level 60, and working helmet with identical stats to my lvl 49 bugged one, and simply taken the bugged one out of my inventory.

Something as simple as I mentioned above was doable even as a GM/DM in NwN1 and NwN2. Yes I know this is an entirely different breed, but I would like to guess that the item query works very similar, IE each item is assigned a #(SKU) type deal, and a GM would have access to a CSV with the Item Names, Descriptions, Levels, #SKU, etc.

Again I am not trying to bust someone's bubble, but I strongly feel like the bug needs to fixed, yes, and I understand that it is being "looked into". But why not correct the issues per player per ticket submitted IG? Could it really take that long to do? Because the response I recieved was 5 paragraphs long, and did not seem uniformed.

Thanks, and hope to get back in game with this fixed soon.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same problem..

I asked GM help, asking him to give me a good one and I got same aswer as you. I send a BUG report and wrote here on bug report forum...
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to the club! Enjoy your stay! Cause its gonna take long.. I'm waiting over a week for a fix.
    There are about 30 threads for this and i'm stalking every patch notes and news i can find, I also submitted a GM ticket and reported that at in-game bugs section but no response just an automated message.

A red have replied to one of this forum posts as you see here
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody, we're looking into this issue. Thanks for letting us know!

But that was 4 days ago. 2 patches after nothing has being done
  • Options
    galdmeikgaldmeik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I have the same problem, Have sendt 3 tickets to GM about it and got no response. Good to see that it actually invloves more peoples. Maybe that will speed things up. Anyway, I understand Devs are busy, but I rearly see any response from them on any subject the comunity brings forth. Wish they would share a bit info now and then.
  • Options
    malagannmalagann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here.. my chestplate is lvl 42 and my boots are lvl 52.. helmet and glove are 60 .. and they don't complete the bonus set.. only in pairs.. both lvl60 giving me defense bonus +400 and both lvl 42/52 giving me another defense bonus +400 this is calculate like 2 different set of armor instead of a 1 full set of Stalwart Bulwark
  • Options
    venality420venality420 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm experiencing the same problem:

Chest(LVL42), Gloves (LVL38), and Boots (LVL52) are providing 3/4 Stalwart Bulwark set bonus.

Helm of the Stalwart Bulwark(LVL60) is only providing 1/4.

Spent well over a million on the helmet, now I'm utterly broke for a broken set bonus.

Maybe go back to all the lower level set pieces and adjust them to 60?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    BUMP due to lack of resolution
  • Options
    flashtonyflashtony Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't have this problem, but have encountered something similar in other games.

Have you guys tried to equip the stuff in different orders?

Please don't stone me;)
    "Tanking since 1984"
  • Options
    samvenicesamvenice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I finally collect the 4th piece... 2/4 (gauntlets / grieves) and 2/4 (armor / helm).
    Seems like after a certain patch, either you had the set already or you had to start recollecting the "new version" of it (which is just silly, imo).

Bug Report submitted ingame. Wish I knew this in advance, my bad for not checking first, I guess - lol.
  • Options
    ilgatto79ilgatto79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Up.
    Same problems. Please tell us if, how and when you are going to fix this terrible bug. Please, need an answer. Do you see how many posts like this there are in the forum?

Sorry for this reply, but we need to know... acrually we GF are unable to use sets...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Need to resolve this issue still. Haven't heard a thing back.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the same issue and the pieces that were not level60 didn't make the set with my other 3 level60 SB pieces (yes I also had bought the helm for like 800kAD back then)... I was tired of no response so I bit the bullet and got myself a new piece, making sure it was level60 as well, et voila! 4/4 piece sets...
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it's at least semi addressed next update:
    They renamed the older version of the set "Ancient Stalwart Bulwark".
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)